Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amercian Gladiators, The Movie  (Read 5831 times)

nate80s

Amercian Gladiators, The Movie
« on: August 26, 2009, 11:56:17 PM »
A movie based on American Gladiators is going to be made.  I can't find a release date, however.  A multi-platform game to promote the movie would be great too.  Here's the link: http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800348...yid=13&cs=1.

J.R.

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 12:59:55 AM »
Who will play the coveted role of Malibu? :-)
-Joe Raygor

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 01:12:13 AM »
[quote name=\'nate80s\' post=\'224213\' date=\'Aug 26 2009, 11:56 PM\']A multi-platform game to promote the movie would be great too.[/quote]
I don't think so.

I would also like to know how they counted years.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 01:12:55 AM by Joe Mello »
This signature is currently under construction.

ethanmx2

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 11:24:04 AM »
Perhaps AG for the Wii would be really cool... with the addition of the Motion Plus and add the use of the balance board, it could lead to some very cool uses for games; like using the balance board to direct your Atlasphere (which is kinda already been done via WiiFit with the bubble balance game), and the wiimote to run and shoot in Assault... how to do the Wall however, will be another story.

uncleplinko

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 12:12:19 PM »
But, if they're going to do a game, they should focus on the classic AG.  I don't know about anyone else's opinion, but the new "Assault" is nothing like the classic "Assault", among many other games.
HomeGameEntertainment.com
"Bringing The Contestant Experience Home"

nate80s

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 04:48:41 PM »
[quote name=\'ethanmx2\' post=\'224253\' date=\'Aug 27 2009, 11:24 AM\']Perhaps AG for the Wii would be really cool... with the addition of the Motion Plus and add the use of the balance board, it could lead to some very cool uses for games; like using the balance board to direct your Atlasphere (which is kinda already been done via WiiFit with the bubble balance game), and the wiimote to run and shoot in Assault... how to do the Wall however, will be another story.[/quote]

I did write an e-mail to Nintendo to suggest that a Wii game be made.  I love the idea.  The NES and SNES versions were pretty fun.  The sequel to the Wii's Active Life Outdoor Challenge does include a rock-climbing game that looks similar to the Wall. Plus there's a WiiWare game called Rock N' Roll Climber also similar to the Wall.  And yes, many of the Wii's accessories could be used with the gameplay.  Every event in the game would be fun to play using Wii's controls.

DrBear

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 04:53:45 PM »
Actually, it will be about the behind-the-scenes romance between Mike Adamle and Larry Csonka.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 05:45:47 PM »
[quote name=\'ethanmx2\' post=\'224253\' date=\'Aug 27 2009, 10:24 AM\']Perhaps AG for the Wii would be really cool... with the addition of the Motion Plus and add the use of the balance board, it could lead to some very cool uses for games; like using the balance board to direct your Atlasphere (which is kinda already been done via WiiFit with the bubble balance game), and the wiimote to run and shoot in Assault... how to do the Wall however, will be another story.[/quote]
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Joust...because of the Wiimote, it seems like an obvious shoe in if they were to make a game not to mention it's one of the only events to be used for the entire run).

I dunno....I just hope it wont take on the plot of recent Running Man-esque films, where there's a convict playing a game to gain his freedom (Death Race 08, Slayer). Knowing the film industry, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up like that.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

J.R.

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 06:21:43 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' post=\'224281\' date=\'Aug 27 2009, 03:53 PM\']Actually, it will be about the behind-the-scenes romance between Mike Adamle and Larry Csonka.[/quote]
What about the action-oriented, visually interesting (and at times, confrontational) affair between Joe Theismann and Todd Christensen?

/The critics say the film is capable of producing emotional moments.
-Joe Raygor

Loogaroo

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 09:11:09 PM »
[quote name=\'J.R.\' post=\'224221\' date=\'Aug 26 2009, 11:59 PM\']Who will play the coveted role of Malibu? :-)[/quote]

I get the sense that Deron McBee isn't exactly busy right now - he could reprise his own role.

(Yes, I know about 80% of the Gladiators by their real names. Crucify me.)
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

Speedy G

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 09:33:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Loogaroo\' post=\'224292\' date=\'Aug 27 2009, 09:11 PM\'](Yes, I know about 80% of the Gladiators by their real names. Crucify me.)[/quote]
...you want to Hang Tough?

Anyway, I think it's clear that this movie is going to be the most excellent hit of my life.

/Or have all the enjoyment of a Battle Dome ankle snapping marathon
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 10:54:18 PM »
[quote name=\'nate80s\' post=\'224280\' date=\'Aug 27 2009, 04:48 PM\']I did write an e-mail to Nintendo to suggest that a Wii game be made.  I love the idea.  The NES and SNES versions were pretty fun.[/quote]
No, no, a thousand times no.  How would Atlasphere, Powerball, the Gauntlet, and the Elminator work for the Wii?

And the NES game was horrible.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 11:08:57 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'224305\' date=\'Aug 27 2009, 09:54 PM\'][quote name=\'nate80s\' post=\'224280\' date=\'Aug 27 2009, 04:48 PM\']The NES and SNES versions were pretty fun.[/quote]
And the NES game was horrible.
[/quote]
Seconded. The only game that is played just like its TV counterpart is Powerball. Assault and Human Cannonball were alright, but Joust and The Wall will make you turn your controller into a weapon. However, those two are a cakewalk compared to the Eliminator.

/Took me 2 hours to beat
/With an emulator
/ICan you say "Masochism"?
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 11:18:04 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'224305\' date=\'Aug 27 2009, 07:54 PM\'][quote name=\'nate80s\' post=\'224280\' date=\'Aug 27 2009, 04:48 PM\']I did write an e-mail to Nintendo to suggest that a Wii game be made.  I love the idea.  The NES and SNES versions were pretty fun.[/quote]
No, no, a thousand times no.  How would Atlasphere, Powerball, the Gauntlet, and the Elminator work for the Wii?[/quote]
B-b-but...he wrote a *letter!*
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Bill Neuweiler

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 12:38:07 AM »
anyone out there remember "Cannonball?"
<p>I share a birthday with Jack Barry.