Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My Millionaire Story  (Read 10462 times)

mcsittel

My Millionaire Story
« on: August 19, 2009, 09:24:00 PM »
Fellow GS fans,

I'm working on a summary of my experience being on the 10th anniversary edition of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire".  My episode airs this Sunday, August 23rd.  Rather than post it here, I'll add installments on my web page as I get them done.  Part 1 is online at:

http://www.mcsittel.com/html/gspt1.htm

Matt

gaubster2

My Millionaire Story
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 01:09:08 AM »
[quote name=\'mcsittel\' post=\'223795\' date=\'Aug 22 2009, 06:16 PM\']Part 4 is online at:

http://www.mcsittel.com/html/gspt4.htm

Matt[/quote]
Thanks, Matt.  Great story, so far!

Chris

Jimmy Owen

My Millionaire Story
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 07:18:43 AM »
From what I've read so far, maybe you should have flown. :)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

mcsittel

My Millionaire Story
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 10:47:45 AM »
Part 5 is online at:

http://www.mcsittel.com/html/gspt5.htm

Part 6 concerns tonight's episode; I'll wait until it has aired, and I've had a chance to review it, before posting that part.  

For those of you bored with the story so far, part 5 describes the experience at the studio on taping day, so those preferring GS-only content will probably enjoy it.

Matt

trainman

My Millionaire Story
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 06:29:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'223836\' date=\'Aug 23 2009, 04:18 AM\']From what I've read so far, maybe you should have flown. :)[/quote]

Or at least paid to upgrade to a sleeping car.
trainman is a man of trains

chad1m

My Millionaire Story
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 08:54:25 PM »
You, sir, are one lucky dog.

rwalker

My Millionaire Story
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 09:32:42 PM »
So, Pam, your lady friend, is the same one from the Jeopardy UTOC, right? I thought that was her.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
My Millionaire Story
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 09:46:54 PM »
I would've thought that Steve Nash was at least on the 2nd line of notable NBA names, but that seems to be the last of your problems :)
This signature is currently under construction.

BrentW

My Millionaire Story
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 10:10:05 PM »
Matt:

What a great read thus far!  Thank you for all the wonderful detail.  I did the video audtion; I passed the exam and the interview like 6 years ago, and got the postcard "you're in the pool!" in the mail, but they never called, as I was in the Army, and was moving around a bit, changed my number, hard to keep up, etc.   So trying again....  I love reading about all your behind the scenes stuff.  Thanks!

Please tell us how you felt (although I am sure this will be in the blog) when Meredith told you that the nine of you who sat through Ken's run would be the first contestants on the 8th season of the daytime Milionaire.  PLEASE make sure to tell us when your episode will air.  You are so lucky that you are guaranteed to get in the Hot Seat, but i am so excited a true fan gets to sit there! GOOD LUCK!

Brent

GiraffeBoy

• "He can solve puzzles, that's for sure."-Pat Sajak
My Millionaire Story
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 12:45:11 AM »
Congrats on getting as far as you did tonight, Matt, and best of luck to you in the near future!

--Charlie, DCA MPW #42
"B, 2 hours, 52 minutes, 59 seconds...final answer?"
WWTBAM Play It! DCA Million Point Winner #42 - Stick your neck out with pride!

RyanCDN

My Millionaire Story
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 01:50:23 PM »
That is a pretty sweet deal when you consider that they originally told you the Phone Qualified contestants would not be eligible. :)  A pleasant surprise indeed.
Ryan
“I’ll give away a Zed.”

irwinsjournal.com

My Millionaire Story
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 03:27:45 PM »
Excellent read!  Thanks for sharing.  

Maybe you'll write a best seller some day, and then you can return as a celebrity guest!
George in Ellison Park, NY

irwinsjournal.com

gsfreak82

My Millionaire Story
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 05:00:57 PM »
Now are you glad you were on the final show.  I mean besides the suprise ending, you got to witness Millionaire history.

pentellit

My Millionaire Story
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 09:37:32 AM »
Wow Matt, thanks for the well written, thoroughly engaging account.  I actually paused my TIVO'd show to finish reading it.  My question is;  Is your son Nathan a budding GS host?  You know how successful talented people say they knew at an early age what they wanted to do?  Well I can forsee future host Nathan giving an interview and talking about how he used to play mock WWTBAM when he was only 6!  

What an exciting experience, thank you for sharing.

Nik B

My Millionaire Story
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 09:40:57 AM »
I was thinking of doing something similar myself - I won $100k on the episode that aired August 18. Great read!