Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Some thoughts...  (Read 1118 times)

Ian Wallis

Some thoughts...
« on: August 13, 2009, 02:18:53 PM »
Just some general thoughts on things I've seen lately (forgive me if you've heard some of these before):

*after watching a rerun of Price is Right this morning, I really would prefer to see Drew wearing a tie on every episode

*the more I watch Family Feud with the Combs theme, the more it seems to fit.  Maybe they should have updated it, but at least it's the theme "we grew up with"!

*I saw GSN's Money List for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I really like it.  For a GSN production it's quite well done.  Oh how I wish I could have been sitting in the chair for the Madonna top 40 hits question.  I could have named over 20 of them - in consecutive order.  That's what happens when you listen to American Top 40 and read Billboard for years...

*As much as I'm glad to see Who Wants to be a Millionaire with Regis back in primetime, it just seems so rushed with the clock and some of the original magic is missing.  Still, I hope ratings are strong enough that ABC will do occasional primetime specials

*the theme from Trivial Pursuit:  America Plays is annoying

That is all...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Some thoughts...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 05:25:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'222896\' date=\'Aug 13 2009, 02:18 PM\']*after watching a rerun of Price is Right this morning, I really would prefer to see Drew wearing a tie on every episode[/quote]
See, for some reason this does not bug me. Little by little, I'm learning to appreciate Drew as the anti-Barker, and i think it fits very well.

[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'222896\' date=\'Aug 13 2009, 02:18 PM\']*the more I watch Family Feud with the Combs theme, the more it seems to fit.  Maybe they should have updated it, but at least it's the theme "we grew up with"![/quote]
I really haven't sat through an entire episode of Feud in a while...are they still using that terribly half-assed Faceoff cue?

[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'222896\' date=\'Aug 13 2009, 02:18 PM\']*I saw GSN's Money List for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I really like it.  For a GSN production it's quite well done.[/quote]
Absolutely agreed. Very enjoyable, engaging, challenging show, and Fred Roggin is a great host.

[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'222896\' date=\'Aug 13 2009, 02:18 PM\']*As much as I'm glad to see Who Wants to be a Millionaire with Regis back in primetime, it just seems so rushed with the clock and some of the original magic is missing.[/quote]
Regis is not Regis when he's on the clock. From seeing him live at a taping last week, I can tell you he definitely did not seem like he was in his element.

[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'222896\' date=\'Aug 13 2009, 02:18 PM\']*the theme from Trivial Pursuit:  America Plays is annoying[/quote]
Fixed.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

SteveR

Some thoughts...
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 06:28:44 PM »
Yeah. All current Feud cues are carved from the same main theme file. Where's the lighter banjo or violin part when you really need it?

Don Howard

Some thoughts...
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 07:23:24 PM »
One observation to add:
The Now You See It Letter, Letter Round reminds me of Scrabble as far as the clues.