Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WWTBAM List of Celebrity players  (Read 6906 times)

vtown7

WWTBAM List of Celebrity players
« on: July 31, 2009, 06:21:08 PM »
And heeeeeeeeeeeere they are!

Lauren Conrad (“The Hills), playing for the M. Powerment Fund
Rapper Snoop Dogg, playing for the Snoop Dogg Youth Football League
Patricia Heaton (ABC’s new comedy, “The Middle”) playing for the Westside Pregnancy Clinic and Lighthouse Medical Missions
Shawn Johnson, Olympic gold medalist and champion of “Dancing with the Stars” playing for Blank Children’s Hospital
NBA star Steve Nash playing for The Steve Nash Foundation
Chart-topper Katy Perry playing for St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital
Rachael Ray, TV personality, author and cook, playing for Yum-O Organization and ASPCA
Sherri Shepherd, co-host of “The View,” playing for the March of Dimes
Vanessa Williams (“Ugly Betty”), playing for The Maria Torres Emerging Artist Project at the Amas Musical Theatre
Country star Wynonna playing for Backpack Mission Ministries
… and a special surprise guest

Yours to discuss.

R.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 06:24:17 PM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' post=\'221594\' date=\'Jul 31 2009, 03:21 PM\']Rapper Snoop Dogg, playing for the Snoop Dogg Youth Football League[/quote]
This ought to be good. "I'll pick Bizzle, fo shizzle. Final answer, Rizzle."
Rachael Ray, TV personality, author and cook, playing for Yum-O Organization and ASPCA
Yum-O Organization? Really? REALLY? God, FoodTV has SO gone to hell...
She's turning into the new Coolio. "Sherri Shepherd...was available."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 06:27:33 PM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' post=\'221594\' date=\'Jul 31 2009, 06:21 PM\']Chart-topper Katy Perry[/quote]

Note they did not say "Artist" :)
@lambertman

J.R.

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 06:28:44 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'221596\' date=\'Jul 31 2009, 05:24 PM\']This ought to be good. "I'll pick Bizzle, fo shizzle. Final answer, Rizzle."[/quote]
I lol'd. Hard.
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'221596\' date=\'Jul 31 2009, 05:24 PM\']Yum-O Organization? Really? REALLY? God, FoodTV has SO gone to hell...[/quote]
All the more reason why I wish "Good Eats" would jump the sinking ship and find a better channel.
-Joe Raygor

tpirfan28

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 06:29:33 PM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' post=\'221594\' date=\'Jul 31 2009, 06:21 PM\']… and a special surprise guest[/quote]
Hmm...Merideth Viera is my guess.

/That lineup?  Oh dear.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 07:29:23 PM »
[quote name=\'J.R.\' post=\'221598\' date=\'Jul 31 2009, 03:28 PM\']All the more reason why I wish "Good Eats" would jump the sinking ship and find a better channel.[/quote]
Thing is, I want Alton to make as much money from that show as he possibly can. And if that means sticking it out on the Sandra Lee Channel instead of taking it to public TV (which really is the only other logical place for it to go), then so be it. I have a Tivo, the distribution method for the show for me is really irrelevant. If nothing else, considering he produces one of the only quality shows on the network, he can probably milk them for cash pretty well. :)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 07:43:41 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'221596\' date=\'Jul 31 2009, 06:24 PM\']
She's turning into the new Coolio. "Sherri Shepherd...was available."[/quote]

Plus, in certain categories anyway, she could be very entertaining.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

pentellit

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 12:23:47 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'221602\' date=\'Jul 31 2009, 04:29 PM\'][quote name=\'J.R.\' post=\'221598\' date=\'Jul 31 2009, 03:28 PM\']All the more reason why I wish "Good Eats" would jump the sinking ship and find a better channel.[/quote]
Thing is, I want Alton to make as much money from that show as he possibly can. And if that means sticking it out on the Sandra Lee Channel instead of taking it to public TV (which really is the only other logical place for it to go), then so be it. I have a Tivo, the distribution method for the show for me is really irrelevant. If nothing else, considering he produces one of the only quality shows on the network, he can probably milk them for cash pretty well. :)
[/quote]
I just want to go on record, appropos of nothing other than these quotes, as saying "I seriously lust Alton Brown!"

I'm sure that's more info than you want to know, but he is the Geek Supreme of my dreams!  Yuhuuummmm, definitely Good Eats!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 12:33:03 AM by pentellit »

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 10:38:17 AM »
Re: the Food Network criticism, what's up? I've only been watching it a year or so (when my girlfriend has it on) and I find the shows entertaining enough. Iron Chef is good background noise, I like Ace of Cakes, and I'll watch Unwrapped, Food Network Challenge and Triple D occasionally. Is it the proliferation of reality stuff?

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

tomobrien

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 03:19:59 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'221645\' date=\'Aug 1 2009, 09:38 AM\']Is it the proliferation of reality stuff?

-Jason[/quote]
Yes.  There was a time when they actually ran shows about food without having some sort of trumped-up "competition" behind them.  And any network that puts "Sondra Lee" and "Food" in the same sentence -- let alone gives her a show -- should be run through the Cuisinart.

pentellit

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 03:46:26 PM »
[quote name=\'tomobrien\' post=\'221655\' date=\'Aug 1 2009, 12:19 PM\'][quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'221645\' date=\'Aug 1 2009, 09:38 AM\']Is it the proliferation of reality stuff?

-Jason[/quote]
Yes.  There was a time when they actually ran shows about food without having some sort of trumped-up "competition" behind them. [/quote]
Thank you for saying that!  I am so glad I'm not the only viewer who hates the reality/competition shows that dominate the FoodNetwork p.m. lineup now.  What a hassle!  I LOVE TVFN but stop watching after the last real cooking show and don't turn it on again til the next morning. (Even Alton hosting Iron Chef can't get me to watch TVFN p.m.!)

Don Howard

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 04:16:29 PM »
[quote name=\'pentellit\' post=\'221657\' date=\'Aug 1 2009, 03:46 PM\']I LOVE TVFN but stop watching after the last real cooking show and don't turn it on again til the next morning.[/quote]
I wish they'd bring back Take Kerr. I'm certain the gourmet would gallop at the chance to return to our screens.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 04:16:43 PM by Don Howard »

J.R.

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2009, 04:51:21 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'221645\' date=\'Aug 1 2009, 09:38 AM\']Re: the Food Network criticism, what's up? I've only been watching it a year or so (when my girlfriend has it on) and I find the shows entertaining enough. Iron Chef is good background noise, I like Ace of Cakes, and I'll watch Unwrapped, Food Network Challenge and Triple D occasionally. Is it the proliferation of reality stuff?[/quote]
To be honest, I don't "hate" Food Network as much as I may have implied, just isn't as good as it used to be. I think it has to do with decent people (Emril, Mario) getting the shaft, while the weak (Rachel, Sandra) are given the biggest attention.

Unwrapped is a harmless enough show (Though seeing a gray-haired Marc Summers is rather startling) and I rather enjoy Triple D (Even if Guy Fieri is a Triple-D-Bag). The others are tolerable at best. (Though I wish "Challenge" would do something else besides giant cakes)

And I enjoy TNFN too. :)

/My vote would be for Jeffrey.
//This site is fun read: http://foodnetworkhumor.com/
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 10:25:00 PM by J.R. »
-Joe Raygor

clemon79

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2009, 07:35:45 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'221645\' date=\'Aug 1 2009, 07:38 AM\']Re: the Food Network criticism, what's up? I've only been watching it a year or so (when my girlfriend has it on) and I find the shows entertaining enough. Iron Chef is good background noise, I like Ace of Cakes, and I'll watch Unwrapped, Food Network Challenge and Triple D occasionally.[/quote]
What used to be on FoodTV: Alton Brown, Emeril Lagasse (before he turned into a cartoon), Ming Tsai, Mario Batali, Sara Moulton.

What is on Food TV now: Alton Brown...Sandra Lee, Rachael Ray, the Neelys, Sunny Anderson, Guy Fieri. (Sorry, he's a douche. Watch DDD more than occasionally and you'll agree.) And fourteen different travelogue shows instead of, you know, cooking.

GiraffeBoy

• "He can solve puzzles, that's for sure."-Pat Sajak
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2009, 07:53:46 PM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' post=\'221594\' date=\'Jul 31 2009, 03:21 PM\']And heeeeeeeeeeeere they are![/quote]
That's the Dating Game intro. This game warrants the Fastest Finger intro:

[quote name=\'Regis\' date=\'Aug 09 2009, 10:00 PM\']We have all of these special guest stars lined up to take their chances for charity. THEY ARE:[/quote]

[quote name=\'vtown7\' post=\'221594\' date=\'Jul 31 2009, 03:21 PM\']… and a special surprise guest[/quote]

In my book, it's between Rosie "You Are My Posey" O'Donnell and Ms. Vieira.

--Charlie
"B, 2 hours, 52 minutes, 59 seconds...final answer?"
WWTBAM Play It! DCA Million Point Winner #42 - Stick your neck out with pride!