Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Heads-up: I'll be on GSN sometime this month  (Read 1958 times)

chad1m

Heads-up: I'll be on GSN sometime this month
« on: July 03, 2009, 06:33:21 PM »
Just thought you guys might want to know I'll be making a pre-taped appearance some time this month on GSN Live. As part of their "GSN Live Road Trip", the crew is traveling to the homes of some of the bigger winners on the show and I was one of the lucky ones chosen. They came over today and spent a few hours doing some shooting.

Travis, the Live stage manager, is the presenter for these little segments - he is a riot. I don't want to spoil too much, but I'll let you know that it'll include talking about my winnings and my love for the game show genre. Then, I'll host [the only one on the tour to actually get to host something! :)] a small pre-taped game involving my mom, my sister and a friend which also doubles as the call-in game for the hour. (Yeah, I might get to give a prize away!)

Travis, the crew and I thought a lot of the segments were really funny and I hope it comes off like that on TV. Everyone was really fun and professional, it was such a good time. I'll have some photos up on my Facebook page if you'd like to check them out. I'll pass along the date and time of the game as soon as I get it, so one of you might be able to win a prize from me! :)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 07:33:19 PM by chad1m »

rwalker

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 10:17:38 PM »
How big of a winner to do have to be to make the cut? I'm guessing the TV/Fridge/Stove club or a big monthly winner are the ones that are on for sure?

chad1m

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 04:44:20 PM »
[quote name=\'rwalker\' post=\'219439\' date=\'Jul 3 2009, 10:17 PM\']How big of a winner to do have to be to make the cut?[/quote]That I do not know. My total over around five visits is just under $5,000 worth of cash and prizes. I'll list them in case you're curious.

10/6/08: $250 Shari's Berries & $1,449 Frigidaire range
[color=\"blue\"]11/21/08: $249 Espresso machine & $71.85 DVD games[/color]
[color=\"blue\"]12/23/08: $155 Digital Camera, $1,399 TV/PC Combo & $500 Cash[/color]
3/6/09: $60 Shari's Berries (Stump the Master consolation)
[color=\"blue\"]6/12/09: $730 42" plasma HDTV[/color]

In total, $4,864 in cash and prizes from GSN Live. (Plus a prize to be determined for being a finalist in the Dalmatian contest.)

chad1m

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 12:25:08 PM »
Found out that it'll be on this Thursday during the second hour! (1 - 2 pm ET, 10 - 11 am PT) Watch and enter at gsn.com/live and you might a prize from me! :)