Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bruce Forsyth back  (Read 2147 times)

brianhenke

Bruce Forsyth back
« on: October 30, 2003, 12:10:36 PM »
Bruce Forsyth is going to host another game show for the BBC at age 75, according to Ananova.

The Hot Streak host will emcee Didn't They Do Well? (one of his catchphrases). It will be a quiz where a contestant can win 36,000 pounds sterling (over US $50,000).  The show will feature clips from the BBC's TV archives.

Brian

Wary blue waters?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

ITSBRY

Bruce Forsyth back
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2003, 01:59:00 PM »
Is Bruce currently doing any other shows?  Is Bruce's TPIR still in production?  If not, is TPIR running in the UK?

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

PeterMarshallFan

Bruce Forsyth back
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2003, 03:47:29 PM »
Wasn't Play Your Cards Right revived last year with Bruce?

dickoon

Bruce Forsyth back
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2003, 09:20:33 AM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Nov 1 2003, 09:47 PM\'] Wasn't Play Your Cards Right revived last year with Bruce? [/quote]
 It was indeed - in a bigger-money edition which technically could pay out up to (from memory) GBP 136k but practically tended to pay out sums of the order of GBP 15-20k. Maybe people don't actually want to win more than the price of a(n upmarket) new car.

One major difference between UK and US scheduling habits is that relatively few shows run year-round here. It is far more common for a show to return for one series of 13 (or 6/8/10/16/26...) episodes year after year and still be considered perfectly successful while doing so. A few shows have two short series per year instead. I am not sure whether there will be more PYCR or not.

Bruce is getting old, man. Ten, fifteen, twenty years ago, he would've been able to host this sort of show - an overt Brucie vehicle - in his sleep. As it is, there are some ways in which I'm not looking forward to it.

We shall see...
Chris

tommycharles

Bruce Forsyth back
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2003, 06:11:45 PM »
I don't know - Bruce definatly still has it, whatever "it" is. Witness his hosting Have I Got News For You last year. Brilliant.

dougal18

Bruce Forsyth back
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2003, 07:40:51 AM »
I read that ITV have no plans for a return for TPIR or PYCR.  A shame because PYCR was pretty good.

The series was on for about 8 weeks on Saturdays then popped up occasionally.  The last ep aired a week after Brucie's HIGNFY appearance.

"It would be nice to see them, to see them nice".  (Brucie on the misssing WMD's)