Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bob Barker, Come On Down...  (Read 1349 times)

Robair

Bob Barker, Come On Down...
« on: October 29, 2003, 04:03:07 AM »
From today's Hollywood Reporter...
Bob Barker, Art Carney, Katie Couric, Dan Rather and the late Brandon Tartikoff have been selected as the newest inductees into the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences' Hall of Fame. "The ATAS Hall of Fame is a special place reserved only for those who have made significant contributions that will leave an indelible mark on the television business," ATAS chairman Dick Askin said. "Certainly, the extraordinary bodies of work of Bob Barker, Art Carney, Katie Couric, Dan Rather and Brandon Tartikoff have each helped shape our industry and serve as benchmarks for excellence for all people involved in our craft." The Hall of Fame Selection Committee, chaired by the WMA's executive vp and worldwide head of television Sam Haskell, made the final selection from a pool of nominees voted by the Academy's board of governors. "I am delighted to have been a part of this selection process, and I am very proud of the honorees that we have chosen for the Television Academy's Hall of Fame," Haskell said.
--Robair

Robair

Bob Barker, Come On Down...
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2003, 09:00:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Oct 29 2003, 04:03 AM\'] From today's Hollywood Reporter...
Bob Barker, Art Carney, Katie Couric, Dan Rather and the late Brandon Tartikoff have been selected as the newest inductees into the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences' Hall of Fame. "The ATAS Hall of Fame is a special place reserved only for those who have made significant contributions that will leave an indelible mark on the television business," ATAS chairman Dick Askin said. "Certainly, the extraordinary bodies of work of Bob Barker, Art Carney, Katie Couric, Dan Rather and Brandon Tartikoff have each helped shape our industry and serve as benchmarks for excellence for all people involved in our craft." The Hall of Fame Selection Committee, chaired by the WMA's executive vp and worldwide head of television Sam Haskell, made the final selection from a pool of nominees voted by the Academy's board of governors. "I am delighted to have been a part of this selection process, and I am very proud of the honorees that we have chosen for the Television Academy's Hall of Fame," Haskell said.
[/quote]
 Inturnaround 5, Robair 0.

Why do I frigging bother anymore?
--Robair