Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rod Tribute To Air On Thursday  (Read 3535 times)

KyleCHaight

Rod Tribute To Air On Thursday
« on: October 28, 2003, 06:05:42 PM »
I was informed by "The Price Is Right" just now that a tribute to Rod will air at the top of Thursday morning's episode.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2003, 06:28:32 PM »
I'll be sure to see it.

Captain Hank

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2003, 07:27:36 PM »
I'm really glad it's on Thursday as today here in Ohio, the good Mr. President was on for 45 minutes and I wondered all day if I had missed the tribute at the end of the show.

Thanks for letting us know. I will probably tape this one. Still can't believe we've lost him. :-(

GSWitch

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2003, 04:38:43 PM »
See, there is justice in television!  President George W. Bush "rained out" (my term for pre-emption) TPIR @ an unlikely time & CBS didn't forget the game show fans of remembering Rod Roddy!

GSWitch

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2003, 09:01:53 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Oct 29 2003, 04:38 PM\'] See, there is justice in television! [/quote]
 Another example of justice goes back to 1989 when NBC pulled "Heidi 2"!

If you remember the 1968 incident when NBC cut away a football game (NY Jets @ Raiders) for Heidi.  Football fans were upset over NBC Sports mistake, they lit up the phones!  The next day, The Today Show opened with the last 10 minutes of the football game that wasn't shown!  This incident is known as "The Heidi Bowl".

"Heidi 2":  Classic Concentration was having it's Tournament of Champions.  And halfway through Friday's concluding episode, President Father Bush rains out the game with an address!  Classic Concentration fans felt the same sting of the Heidi incident!  The following Monday, NBC did tell the viewers who won that tournament before the show started!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2003, 09:45:33 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Oct 29 2003, 07:01 PM\'] Another example of justice goes back to 1989 when NBC pulled "Heidi 2"!
 [/quote]
 I an utterly flabbergasted that you are drawing a parellel between these two events.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MyCapableAssistant

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2003, 09:50:04 PM »
[quote name=\'KyleCHaight\' date=\'Oct 28 2003, 05:05 PM\'] I was informed by "The Price Is Right" just now that a tribute to Rod will air at the top of Thursday morning's episode. [/quote]
 Thanks for letting us know. I won't be home, but I'll be SURE
to tape it.

zachhoran

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2003, 09:53:59 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 29 2003, 09:45 PM\'] [quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Oct 29 2003, 07:01 PM\'] Another example of justice goes back to 1989 when NBC pulled "Heidi 2"!
 [/quote]
I an utterly flabbergasted that you are drawing a parellel between these two events. [/quote]
 Everyone knows the real "Heidi 2" moment occurred just two or three weeks earlier when 1989 when Dubya's dad cut into the last segment of the $otC finale.

GSWitch

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2003, 06:46:03 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Oct 29 2003, 08:53 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 29 2003, 09:45 PM\'] [quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Oct 29 2003, 07:01 PM\'] Another example of justice goes back to 1989 when NBC pulled "Heidi 2"!
 [/quote]
I an utterly flabbergasted that you are drawing a parellel between these two events. [/quote]
Everyone knows the real "Heidi 2" moment occurred just two or three weeks earlier when 1989 when Dubya's dad cut into the last segment of the $otC finale. [/quote]
 My ruling is that Heidi 2 belongs to Classic Concentration!

Sale was rained out on the very last few minutes.  But also the short lived NBC soap "Generations" didn't have a finale due to the Persian Gulf War coverage back in 1991.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2003, 06:52:46 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Oct 30 2003, 04:46 PM\'] My ruling is that Heidi 2 belongs to Classic Concentration!
 [/quote]
 I'd give you my own ruling, but I'd get in trouble with the moderators.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Don Howard

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2003, 08:59:11 PM »
Everyone knows the real "Heidi 2" moment occurred just two or three weeks earlier when 1989 when Dubya's dad cut into the last segment of the $otC finale.

That cost him the 1992 election.

But also the short lived NBC soap "Generations" didn't have a finale due to the Persian Gulf War coverage back in 1991.

Which is justice since that show was responsible for the cancellations of $otC and Super Password. Hah!

I'd give you my own ruling, but I'd get in trouble with the moderators.

I'd like to hear it. E-mail me privately.

SteveRep

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2003, 10:43:04 PM »
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the tribute ran again on Friday. No real reason to expect it, but it wouldn't be totally inappropriate.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2003, 12:15:19 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Oct 29 2003, 09:53 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 29 2003, 09:45 PM\'] [quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Oct 29 2003, 07:01 PM\'] Another example of justice goes back to 1989 when NBC pulled "Heidi 2"!
 [/quote]
Everyone knows the real "Heidi 2" moment occurred just two or three weeks earlier when 1989 when Dubya's dad cut into the last segment of the $otC finale. [/quote]
 Draw a line between gameshows and real life, please.  Just when I thought this place was better than the GSN boards...
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2003, 12:35:53 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Oct 30 2003, 08:59 PM\'] I'd like to hear it. E-mail me privately. [/quote]
 Now Chris, this is only a guess, so I may not be right, but...

His tempered ruling would be that that made no sense whatsoever.  Mines and probably his untempered ones would include expletives.

Brandon Brooks

zachhoran

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2003, 08:12:44 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Oct 31 2003, 12:15 AM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Oct 29 2003, 09:53 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 29 2003, 09:45 PM\'] [quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Oct 29 2003, 07:01 PM\'] Another example of justice goes back to 1989 when NBC pulled "Heidi 2"!
 [/quote]
Draw a line between gameshows and real life, please.  Just when I thought this place was better than the GSN boards... [/quote]
 We all know that a national news story(Bush speech, California wildfires, etc.), or a local news story(in my case the partial building collapse in Atlantic City yesterday, which did cut into at least two game shows on the Philly stations, but WMGM-TV 40 NBC in Atlantic City apparently didn't do live coverage due to their relatively small budget, but that's another story), is more important than a game show. I'm done long arguing with it(though I'll argue that a sports-based story can wait 24 minutes to be broadcast), but we're here to talk about game shows, not real life :)

Obgameshows: Didn't Mark Goodson call game shows "reality shows" in a 1986 interview with TV Game $how Magazine?