Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DoND, 1 vs 100 & Rich List start in June on GSN  (Read 7005 times)

BillCullen1

DoND, 1 vs 100 & Rich List start in June on GSN
« on: April 28, 2009, 10:49:42 PM »
Buzzerblog reports that starting June 1st, DoND will air at 7 pm and 11 pm EST on weekdays. 1 vs. 100 and The Rich List will air on weekends. Also, 20 Questions will air with The Rich List on Saturday nights starting June 13th. For details, log on to www.buzzerblog.com

TheInquisitiveOne

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 11:49:14 PM »
As a minor gripe, Whammy replaces LMAD. It's not the replacement that really bothers me; I just feel that Whammy is way past its prime and really didn't do the original PYL justice. I gave it a chance seven years ago, but now I think of it as the annoying neighbor who won't go away.

Anyway, I knew it would be a matter of time before Deal and 1 vs. 100 hit the GSN schedules. These are pretty good acquisitions for the current crowd. We'll see what happens.

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 07:50:47 PM »
[quote name=\'BillCullen1\' post=\'214341\' date=\'Apr 28 2009, 07:49 PM\']
Buzzerblog reports that ... The Rich List will air on weekends.
[/quote]
Have they reported whether all one episodes of the series have been acquired, or will the same three lists be repeated ad nauseum?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 07:51:25 PM by Kevin Prather »

itiparanoid13

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 08:25:27 PM »
Never said FOX's Rich List was airing.  I repeatedly said Money List, GSN's revival of it, would air weekends during their Big Saturday Night push in June.

There's a lot in the change.  If you click here I've got a graph of when everything's going to air.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 08:27:43 PM by itiparanoid13 »

BillCullen1

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 10:05:01 PM »
OOPS!! My bad. Yes it is indeed The Money List. I still have that FOX show in my mind for some reason. Mea culpa.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 10:08:13 PM »
[quote name=\'Kevin Prather\' post=\'214401\' date=\'Apr 29 2009, 04:50 PM\']
Have they reported whether all one episodes of the series have been acquired, or will the same three lists be repeated ad nauseum?[/quote]
You'd think, at some point, they would finish that unfinished business.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

That Don Guy

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 10:52:30 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'214418\' date=\'Apr 29 2009, 07:08 PM\']
[quote name=\'Kevin Prather\' post=\'214401\' date=\'Apr 29 2009, 04:50 PM\']
Have they reported whether all one episodes of the series have been acquired, or will the same three lists be repeated ad nauseum?[/quote]
You'd think, at some point, they would finish that unfinished business.
[/quote]The problem being, if somebody ever does air the remaining episodes, wouldn't the producers be stuck with having to pay out the cash won on those shows?

I am under the impression that the reason only one episode aired is, a number of teams won six-digit figures and the ratings didn't justify having to pay the prizes out.

Then again, if the original producers declare some sort of bankruptcy, and someone else obtains their assets "but not their liabilities", would the new owners be allowed to air the shows without having to pay out the unpaid prizes?

-- Don

catnap1972

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 07:55:04 AM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' post=\'214351\' date=\'Apr 28 2009, 11:49 PM\']

Anyway, I knew it would be a matter of time before Deal and 1 vs. 100 hit the GSN schedules. These are pretty good acquisitions for the current crowd. We'll see what happens.

[/quote]

Their scheduling of DoND is troubling...assuming they only leased one season (as is usual for them), they're going to burn through them in a hurry.

BillCullen1

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 10:38:54 AM »
^I don't know for sure, but perhaps GSN acquired more than one season's worth of shows of DoND. The 11 pm EST show is a repeat of the 7 pm show, BTW.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 11:35:10 PM »
While from the business end I certainly understand the desire to favor newer programming over the old classics, I can't help but take note at what's disappeared from the schedule (in a few cases appeared and disappeared both) since June 2008:

From June 2008 to June 2009, the following shows have or will have left GSN (recalled through the archiving of all those handy schedule PDFs):
Love Connection
Blockbusters (Cullen)
Blockbusters (Rafferty) (appeared *and* disappeared)
Tic Tac Dough
Let's Make a Deal (1970s version)
Let's Make a Deal (1980s version) (appeared *and* disappeared)
Press Your Luck
Card Sharks (Perry)
Card Sharks (Rafferty)
What's My Line (CBS)
I've Got a Secret (CBS)
To Tell the Truth (Collyer)
To Tell the Truth (O'Hurley)
Now You See It
Trivia Trap
Child's Play
Beat the Clock (Hall)
Body Language
Double Dare (Trebek)
Russian Roulette
Friend or Foe
That's the Question (appeared *and* disappeared)
Camouflage
Twenty One
Greed
Weakest Link (NBC)
Weakest Link (Syndicated)
Dog Eat Dog
The Name's the Same (entire run)
Family Feud (Ray Combs)

Every series listed above aired on the GSN regular schedule at some point in the last year but is gone now. The overwhelming majority were on the June 2008 schedule, while a few (Rafferty BB, TTQ, 80s LMAD) both came *and* went.  And the disappearances list doesn't even include titles that were leased but not aired (three different versions of To Tell the Truth (70s, 80, 90), Tattletales, etc.
-------------
Meanwhile, from June 2008 to June 2009 the following shows have been added to the schedule:
Family Feud (Combs Syndicated)
$25,000 Pyramid
$100,000 Pyramid
Family Feud (Dawson Syndicated)
Match Game PM
Password (60s Daytime Color)
Bergeron HS
Catch 21,
Newlywed Game 09
Millionaire (Syndicated)
Deal or No Deal (NBC)
 1 vs. 100
Rich List/Money List
20Q

To *me*, reflective of my own personal tastes, the schedule has been absolutely ripped apart - a couple of shows at a time - over the last year.  Yes, TV networks evolve and change. It's one of the characteristics of the industry. While it does save a considerable amount of DVR and opens up the television to other programs when turned on, it's not entirely pleasant to see what's happened with the network in the last year.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 11:28:54 AM by Seth Thrasher »

tvmitch

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 08:13:34 AM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'214581\' date=\'Apr 30 2009, 11:35 PM\']
To *me*, reflective of my own personal tastes, the schedule has been absolutely ripped apart - a couple of shows at a time - over the last year.  Yes, TV networks evolve and change. It's one of the characteristics of the industry. While it does save a considerable amount of DVR and opens up the television to other programs when turned on, it's not entirely pleasant to see what's happened with the network in the last year.
[/quote]
Yes, there have been a bunch of shows ripped from the schedule. But if trading overnight runs of several short-run shows (Monty BtC, NYSI, etc.) means we get to have a daily "double Pyramid fix" of shows we haven't seen before, I'm all for it.

Heck, how many times have we been through both runs of Blockbusters? That show ran for 18 months and GSN has aired its complete run at least twice in the last five years. It's a great show, but let it rest.

Now, if they would only bring back Joker's Wild...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 08:15:20 AM by mitchgroff »
You should follow me on Twitter

Ian Wallis

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 06:13:17 PM »
To *me*, reflective of my own personal tastes, the schedule has been absolutely ripped apart - a couple of shows at a time - over the last year. Yes, TV networks evolve and change. It's one of the characteristics of the industry. While it does save a considerable amount of DVR and opens up the television to other programs when turned on, it's not entirely pleasant to see what's happened with the network in the last year.

I would think most of us would agree - but I'd go further and say it's not pleasant to see what's happened over the last 10 years.  I really think the first five years of GSN were its best - they aired mostly classic programming, had shows like Club AM and Prime Games with their interactive games - and generally seemed like a much warmer and inviting place.

There have been periods since then when the airing of "classics" has increased and decreased, but when you look at the direction the schedule's been going in the past few years, you wonder if most of those older shows might never air on GSN again :(    Adding to the disappointment is that they still have thousands of shows in their vault that they've NEVER aired.  I was hoping we'd see everything at least once.  I have a feeling Opportunity Knocks and Temptation could be headed to GSN next!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 06:15:07 PM by Ian Wallis »
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

TroubadourNando

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 08:09:45 PM »
The only show I'll personally not miss on that list is Dog Eat Dog.

That is a pretty sobering piece of information, to see that list.

Winkfan

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 09:44:01 PM »
From June 2008 to June 2009, the following shows have or will have left GSN (recalled through the archiving of all those handy schedule PDFs):
Love Connection
Blockbusters (Cullen)
Blockbusters (Rafferty) (appeared *and* disappeared)
Tic Tac Dough
Let's Make a Deal (1970s version)
Let's Make a Deal (1980s version) (appeared *and* disappeared)
Press Your Luck
Card Sharks (Perry)
Card Sharks (Rafferty)
What's My Line (CBS)
I've Got a Secret (CBS)
To Tell the Truth (Collyer)
To Tell the Truth (O'Hurley)
Now You See It
Trivia Trap
Child's Play
Beat the Clock (Hall)
Body Language
Double Dare (Trebek)
Russian Roulette
Friend or Foe
That's the Question (appeared *and* disappeared)
Bingo America
Camouflage
Twenty One
Greed
Weakest Link (NBC)
Weakest Link (Syndicated)
Dog Eat Dog.

Every series listed above aired on the GSN regular schedule at some point in the last year but is gone now. The overwhelming majority were on the June 2008 schedule, while a few (Rafferty BB, TTQ, 80s LMAD) both came *and* went.  And the disappearances list doesn't even include titles that were leased but not aired (three different versions of To Tell the Truth (70s, 80, 90), Tattletales, etc.

You forgot The Name's The Same. (appeared *and* disappeared)

Cordially,
Tammy
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 10:24:47 PM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

catnap1972

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 07:17:06 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'214640\' date=\'May 1 2009, 06:13 PM\']

There have been periods since then when the airing of "classics" has increased and decreased, but when you look at the direction the schedule's been going in the past few years, you wonder if most of those older shows might never air on GSN again :(    
[/quote]

I don't know if anyone else has thought about it...realistically how much Sony-owned product (that GSN either has or had access to, even if they've never aired it regularly) do you think would have a snowballs chance in hell of turning up on the network as it is today?  I'd think other than the very contemporary stuff and a few classics such as 80s Pyramid and maybe classic Newlywed Game (don't expect to see that again soon), most of what Sony has is little more than what they'd consider dust collectors.