Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ultimate TV Game Show Book  (Read 1465 times)

TravisP

Ultimate TV Game Show Book
« on: October 26, 2003, 05:43:57 PM »
Has anyone got any details on this upcoming book (To be released this Saturday) by the same authors of The Encyclopedia of TV Game Shows, since details are limited. Will it be fully updated with shows that have been on air since 1999 (Not covered in the 3rd Edition)?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2003, 06:02:56 PM »
[quote name=\'TravisP\' date=\'Oct 26 2003, 05:43 PM\'] Has anyone got any details on this upcoming book (To be released this Saturday) by the same authors of The Encyclopedia of TV Game Shows, since details are limited. Will it be fully updated with shows that have been on air since 1999 (Not covered in the 3rd Edition)? [/quote]
 I believe Mr. Ottinger reported this project is a "no go".
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2003, 06:06:46 PM »
There is a spectacular amount of confusion over this book.  I'm in personal contact with two of the three authors and even I can't get a straight answer about whether the book is even coming out!  

However, if it does come out next week, it will look quite different from the three previous Encyclopedia editions.  Yes, of course there will be references to the more recent shows, but the book will not be nearly the comprehensive reference book that the earlier volumes were.  Instead, it will be set up as more of a fun, light read with lots of lists and lots of pictures.

If it comes out.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.