Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another Big Win Question?  (Read 1762 times)

DJDustman

Another Big Win Question?
« on: October 19, 2003, 08:49:27 PM »
Hi everyone again...I'm Full of these kinds of Questions lol...

What was the biggest winner on Classic Concentration?  Was it like $60,000?
Thanks for your help...

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2003, 09:01:42 PM »
[quote name=\'DJDustman\' date=\'Oct 19 2003, 07:49 PM\'] Hi everyone again...I'm Full of these kinds of Questions lol...

What was the biggest winner on Classic Concentration?  Was it like $60,000?
Thanks for your help... [/quote]
 $60,650 was the all-time regular game winner on CLassic Concentration, the player won three cars in Fall 1987, back in the days where a player could play in five matches, and were not retired as champion upon winning the bonus round the first time.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2003, 09:10:19 PM »
Addendum (aka: I get to out-Zach Zach)

The rule was not "play in five matches" but "win five games".  Back before it took two losses to be eliminated, a game shortened due to time could only count as a win, and not a loss.  This gave a contestant who was strong at everything but the jump-in a distinct advantage, as he could lose the second game of a show, come back at the start of the next show, and permanantly dethrone the person who beat him.  So someone who could push 40 seconds on the car round could really rack up.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

DJDustman

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2003, 12:51:15 PM »
One more question I have...Did the cars really lack like an AC and other accesories for the car?!  I've read that all the cars had no AC and accesories towards it?

ChuckNet

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2003, 12:28:50 AM »
$60,650 was the all-time regular game winner on CLassic Concentration, the player won three cars in Fall 1987, back in the days where a player could play in five matches, and were not retired as champion upon winning the bonus round the first time.

Her name was Monica Norwood, BTW.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")