Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Article on TPIR  (Read 12972 times)

Vahan_Nisanian

Article on TPIR
« on: September 27, 2008, 01:46:52 PM »
http://www.savethepriceisright.com/

What do you think?

I think whoever wrote this article is probably desperate for attention, and also wants to make up lies about Drew Carey, about how he is well on his way to becoming as big of an egomaniac as Bob Barker.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Article on TPIR
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 05:32:47 PM »
Search results  on the domain name.  I am not sure if the listed William Tynan is an employee of the host, or if he's the actual owner of the domain.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Article on TPIR
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 05:41:38 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowlover87\' post=\'198322\' date=\'Sep 27 2008, 10:46 AM\']
What do you think?[/quote]
I think the second I saw a page with black text on a OBNOXIOUS LOUD YELLOW BACKGROUND, I knew there was not one single word on the page worth reading.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Loogaroo

Article on TPIR
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 07:25:52 PM »
This man seriously needs to find a hobby.
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

sshuffield70

Article on TPIR
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 07:40:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Loogaroo\' post=\'198346\' date=\'Sep 27 2008, 07:25 PM\']
This man seriously needs to find a hobby.
[/quote]

Well, I've noticed said person has been posting to this board lately.

BTW, someone on the GSN board indicates that person is no less than G-R's FPGWillyT

clemon79

Article on TPIR
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 09:14:51 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' post=\'198347\' date=\'Sep 27 2008, 04:40 PM\']
BTW, someone on the GSN board indicates that person is no less than G-R's FPGWillyT[/quote]
That explains quite a lot, then.

TroubadourNando

Article on TPIR
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 10:01:50 PM »
This isn't gonna end well.

Over/under on how many pages before a total flamewar?

clemon79

Article on TPIR
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 10:52:34 PM »
[quote name=\'TroubadourNando\' post=\'198355\' date=\'Sep 27 2008, 07:01 PM\']
Over/under on how many pages before a total flamewar?[/quote]
I doubt it, actually.

dale_grass

Article on TPIR
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 11:11:11 PM »
Here's something I found on an unrelated search:

One of SuperMatch2007's Posts

His signature looks awfully familiar.  Also, I've been skimming his threads for about five minutes, and I just don't know what to make of him.

Here's a taste from above thread: "It just seems like it is a happy fun world where nobody loses. It wasn't like that when Bob Berker [sic] hosted."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 11:12:20 PM by dale_grass »

TroubadourNando

Article on TPIR
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 11:13:50 PM »
[quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'198358\' date=\'Sep 27 2008, 11:11 PM\']
Here's something I found on an unrelated search:

One of SuperMatch2007's Posts

His signature looks awfully familiar.  Also, I've been skimming his threads for about five minutes, and I just don't know what to make of him.

Here's a taste from above thread: "It just seems like it is a happy fun world where nobody loses. It wasn't like that when Bob Berker [sic] hosted."
[/quote]

If you're suggesting that this guy is also the proprietor of this questionable "Save TPIR" site, I doubt it. From what I've seen he is just one of the several hardcore Price haters that inhabits that festering pit, and he probably latched onto the quote after seeing the page.

EDIT: I should probably mention for the sake of those unaware that "SuperMatch2007" is probably not one of GSN's infamous "Bob Barker is Satan" people but one of the also numerous Drew Carey haters.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 11:16:08 PM by TroubadourNando »

dale_grass

Article on TPIR
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 11:15:48 PM »
Yeah, I didn't know how long his sig was up or how long that letter was up.  His posts are still amusing, none the less.

TroubadourNando

Article on TPIR
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2008, 11:17:39 PM »
[quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'198362\' date=\'Sep 27 2008, 11:15 PM\']
Yeah, I didn't know how long his sig was up or how long that letter was up.  His posts are still amusing, none the less.
[/quote]

Unfortunately that last sentence can be applied far too many times over there.

Compared to others, though, he's relatively harmless.

Chelsea Thrasher

Article on TPIR
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 02:14:05 AM »
1. During a description of a trip to France given away during a showcase, the following phrase was used: "Do you like French toast? What about French fries? How about French kissing with your tongue? Then you'll certainly like this trip to France!" Some of us remember watching this show with our mothers/grandmothers growing up. Can you imagine a four or five year old child turning to that person and asking them "What does French kissing mean?"

Can you imagine a four or five year old child in 1976 asking "What's an adult book store? What's a hussy?"
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLxzZuqeiYU

FPGWillyT

Article on TPIR
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 04:02:02 AM »
Well, since the mods here found it necessary to yet again flame me...allow me to kindly retort.

1.  Of course it was me who posted the page.  It looks like it does, a very VERY SIMPLE HTML PAGE, because I didn't want there to be any copyright issues.  I also didn't figure it would take you guys only 5 mins to do the WHOIS, but then again, if I wanted to fully hide the fact I posted it, I could have easily had someone else setup the page/website.  

2.  I DO NOT HATE DREW CAREY.  I thought his first year as hosting was just fine and he was coming along as a host.  What I am in disagreement with is the artistic direction the producers/writers have chosen to taken a show that I still wish to watch.  It's called an opinion for a reason.  It can be defended, argued and opposed.  Please note that I have not disagreed with anyone else's posts here.  Some of you actually want the change and that's OK.  I don't, and that should be OK too.

3.  If the idea of hitting a model/announcer/host in the face with a pie without there being a single tie in to the theme of the SC, of which there was none, then that's fine.  I just found it to be silly.  If you also found the use of the phrase "french kissing" to be appropriate because that language was used 32 years ago, great.  It is of my opinion that it is not and the SC itself could have been left alone using only French fries and French toast.  Was it really necessary to say "French kissing"?

4.  You also need to know that both the "fr. kiss" phrase and the pie fight could actually easily be cut out of the actual broadcast because all five incidents occurred at "editable" places in the show.  Example:  there was a 2-3 second pause at the end of every prize description before the "pie" was struck.  What will be telling is if they actually decide, after reading the now numerous posts, to leave it in.

Call me a fool if you choose.  It only shows that a differing opinion is not welcomed here on Invision.  Call me a tool for trying to let people know what I saw and that I did not like it.  Some people are actually concerned about the show's direction based upon what they read.  But what I must insist is that I not be called a liar or an exaggerator.  There is not one part of that post that did not occur during the tapings of the shows I saw.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 04:03:44 AM by FPGWillyT »

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Article on TPIR
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 04:05:26 AM »
Okay, fuse lit...
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022