Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Has Lingo Season 3 started?  (Read 6527 times)

ITSBRY

Has Lingo Season 3 started?
« on: October 13, 2003, 06:33:25 PM »
I saw a thread about the new Lingo season in show summaries, but I haven't watched much of GSN in the past two weeks.  The weekend episodes were reruns from season 2 and I haven't seen any promos for a new season.

It sounds interesting...can't wait to see it.

Thanks,

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2003, 06:58:15 PM »
[quote name=\'ITSBRY\' date=\'Oct 13 2003, 05:33 PM\'] I saw a thread about the new Lingo season in show summaries, but I haven't watched much of GSN in the past two weeks.  The weekend episodes were reruns from season 2 and I haven't seen any promos for a new season.

[/quote]
 Last Tuesday saw the unofficial "season premiere" featuring four longshot candidates for California Governor as contestants playing for charity, but it gace us our first glimpse of the new set and the 2003 "eye candy" version of Dr. Reason A. Goodwin in Stacey(sp?) The official beginning of the new season is December 1st.

ITSBRY

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2003, 07:23:53 PM »
Last Tuesday saw the unofficial "season premiere" featuring four longshot candidates for California Governor as contestants playing for charity

Shoot!  Can't believe I missed this.  Did anyone capture any screen images of the new set???

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

SimpsonGeek

« Last Edit: October 14, 2003, 08:41:38 PM by SimpsonGeek »

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2003, 08:53:11 PM »
[quote name=\'SimpsonGeek\' date=\'Oct 14 2003, 07:15 PM\'] http://www.gameshowfavorites.com/Lingo

And the new logo:

http://www.gameshownetwork.com/images/db/feast/104.swf [/quote]
 Here's a few more:

http://www.livejournal.com/community/games...808.html#cutid1
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

ITSBRY

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2003, 10:41:45 AM »
http://www.gameshowfavorites.com/Lingo

And the new logo:

http://www.gameshownetwork.com/images/db/feast/104.swf

OMG!!!  Wow!  "Lingo" really got an upgrade.  That new set looks enormous.  I liked the old set a lot, but this one looks really really cool.  Has kind of a "whammy-esque" feel.  Are they taping at a different studio?

Not sure about "Stacey"...why does GSN insist on throwing a big breasted blonde sidekick into their shows?  Come on..."Lingo" was doing well.  Why add something like that?  I will TRY to reserve my judgement until I actually see it, but this new character seems to me that it would take already precious time away from the game.

Anyhoo...glad to see that GSN is spending some $$ on Lingo.  It's a really great show that deserves some attention and pampering.

Are the prizes/$ any different?

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2003, 10:44:29 AM »
[quote name=\'ITSBRY\' date=\'Oct 15 2003, 09:41 AM\']
http://www.gameshowfavorites.com/Lingo

And the new logo:

http://www.gameshownetwork.com/images/db/feast/104.swf

OMG!!!  Wow!  "Lingo" really got an upgrade.  That new set looks enormous.  I liked the old set a lot, but this one looks really really cool.  Has kind of a "whammy-esque" feel.  Are they taping at a different studio?

Not sure about "Stacey"...why does GSN insist on throwing a big breasted blonde sidekick into their shows?  Come on..."Lingo" was doing well.  Why add something like that?  I will TRY to reserve my judgement until I actually see it, but this new character seems to me that it would take already precious time away from the game.

Anyhoo...glad to see that GSN is spending some $$ on Lingo.  It's a really great show that deserves some attention and pampering.

Are the prizes/$ any different?

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com [/quote]
 I could be wrong on this, but didn't I read that season 3, cars will possibly be offered?

Also, despite the set change, it's interesting to see there's still no score displays for contestants. Eh.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

zachhoran

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2003, 11:02:31 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Oct 15 2003, 09:44 AM\']
I could be wrong on this, but didn't I read that season 3, cars will possibly be offered?

Also, despite the set change, it's interesting to see there's still no score displays for contestants. Eh. [/quote]
 The car, some Suzuki model(not the Aero SX seen on WHammy), will be the grand prize in a Tournament of CHampions to be held this upcoming season, as per a promo at the end of last week's "California Governor Race" special. On that special, the "celebs" were playing for all cash for charity purposes. My guess is that would be more attractive to give to charity than a trip to Jamaica. They may still offer a trip for a first-ball Lingo this coming season, we will see.

reason1024

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2003, 11:41:36 AM »
I didn't see the Season 3 sneak-peek, but I think the WordChick (tm) might be an okay addition.  If they edit it well, having someone explain that BOERG is not a word, but hey!  BOURG is actually a market town, similar to BOROUGH -- would be a lot more satisfying than an awkward pause followed by a buzz when the Disembodied Dictionary has to think about a word.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2003, 12:02:14 PM »
BOERG is not a word, but hey! BOURG is
Resistance is futile.  You will be assimilated.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Blaq

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2003, 11:50:01 AM »
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Funny! When I got my first glimpse at the LexiBabe (tm), I thought, "Wow! Jeri Ryan!"

tommycharles

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2003, 02:25:46 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Oct 15 2003, 10:02 AM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Oct 15 2003, 09:44 AM\']

Also, despite the set change, it's interesting to see there's still no score displays for contestants. Eh. [/quote]
 [/quote]
 Note also that the score display during bonus Lingo has vanished from the podium as well.

SplitSecond

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2003, 03:47:57 PM »
Note also that the score display during bonus Lingo has vanished from the podium as well.

Well, more to the point, notice that the contestants are playing Bonus Lingo from their respective podiums instead of a separate bonus podium (hence the different camera angles and the placement of the board on the left-hand side of the screen).

melman1

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2003, 04:51:16 PM »
My problem with Lingo is that the game itself is dull as dirt (yes, it's modestly "intellectual" but it's just plain dull) and the atmosphere of the show is, for lack of a better word, "sterile".  The contestants stare blankly into the camera while introducing themselves, and while holding up the "lingo balls", and how many times can Chuck say "OK, reach in there and get 'cha a coupla' Lingo balls?".

Can't tell from your pictures if they have made it more interesting.  I don't think adding a "bunny" will help.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2003, 06:23:59 PM by melman1 »
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

TimK2003

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2003, 08:22:46 PM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Oct 16 2003, 03:51 PM\'] My problem with Lingo is that the game itself is dull as dirt (yes, it's modestly "intellectual" but it's just plain dull) and the atmosphere of the show is, for lack of a better word, "sterile".  The contestants stare blankly into the camera while introducing themselves, and while holding up the "lingo balls", and how many times can Chuck say "OK, reach in there and get 'cha a coupla' Lingo balls?".

Can't tell from your pictures if they have made it more interesting.  I don't think adding a "bunny" will help. [/quote]
 Maybe if they let Chuck loosen up a little more where he is more "Scrabbble-ish" than "Greed-ish".  I used to love the times on "Scrabble" when he would make fun of some of the words, and the people who wrote the clues.

Perhaps add in an occasional pink or blue square on the Lingo board, throw in some Chuck Bucks, and..... :-D