Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone Got That On Tape?  (Read 9925 times)

ChuckNet

Anyone Got That On Tape?
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2008, 05:15:19 PM »
Ours was a JVC, but aside from that, I'm exactly the same--corded remote with freeze frame (and slow motion, if you wanted to cheat). Every day I'd record PYL, then my little brother and I would play after school. I wish I could go back in time and tell myself to save some of those tapes...

I hear that...and yeah, our first VCR was also a JVC w/the wired remote. Earliest GS eps I recall taping were NTT (Lange) and a first-season J!, back when WABC aired them from 4-PM in early 85.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

ChuckNet

Anyone Got That On Tape?
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2008, 05:20:07 PM »
First show i taped daily : Match Game / Hollywood Squares. NBC in Miami didn't air it, but WPTV in Palm Beach picked it up a few months into the run (sometime over hte summer)... Mom would tape it every day for me when i was at summer camp.

And if any of you were wondering where that 6/29/84 ep. w/McLean Stevenson, Arlene Francis, Chuck Woolery, et al. came from, now you know...a fact Matt mentioned to me way back in 96, as I recall. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Reminiscing "Chuckie Baby")

tvwxman

Anyone Got That On Tape?
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2008, 06:58:56 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' post=\'187509\' date=\'Jun 4 2008, 05:20 PM\']
First show i taped daily : Match Game / Hollywood Squares. NBC in Miami didn't air it, but WPTV in Palm Beach picked it up a few months into the run (sometime over hte summer)... Mom would tape it every day for me when i was at summer camp.

And if any of you were wondering where that 6/29/84 ep. w/McLean Stevenson, Arlene Francis, Chuck Woolery, et al. came from, now you know...a fact Matt mentioned to me way back in 96, as I recall. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Reminiscing "Chuckie Baby")
[/quote]
Good Lawd! Have we been trading for that long ? I've known you longer than I've known my wife? Oy!

And now you know....the rest of the / Shut up, Paul.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 06:59:34 PM by tvwxman »
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

davidhammett

Anyone Got That On Tape?
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2008, 01:52:11 AM »
I bought my first VCR back in September, 1984 just to be able to tape the new version of "Jeopardy!" that was airing at 10:30 am in Atlanta while I was at work.  I also managed to do the "tape one episode of every show" thing for a while, which netted me much in trades when people found out I had syndie "Match Game" and "Catch Phrase."

Now, if our CBS affiliate had been showing PYL at 10:30 instead of J!, I would've gotten the VCR sooner....

Ian Wallis

Anyone Got That On Tape?
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2008, 04:51:49 PM »
Audio tape:  in '77 I "appropriated" my dad's old reel-to-reel tape recorder and recorded just about any good theme from TV I could find.  It was always a bonus to get a few seconds of a game show theme without applause!  I rarely recorded entire shows.

I used to love the music on Dating Game, Whew, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy '78, etc.  Also recorded themes from other TV shows like Bewitched (back in the '70s you actually heard more than just today's standard two opening themes).

Unfortunately a lot of it is lost to time now.  I still have the tapes, but my dad's machine was one of those rare 4-track machines, which meant 2 on each side of the tape.  It doesn't work very well anymore and it's hard to find other reel-to-reels that will do 2 tracks on each side (most do 1 only).  I did save some of it to audio cassette though.

I also loved the theme from an short-lived NBC show called America Alive.  I've got 3 versions of the theme all largely without applause...but having said that, does anybody out there have clean copies of that one, by any chance?  (I'm a sucker for a great melody!)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

sshuffield70

Anyone Got That On Tape?
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2008, 06:55:28 PM »
I don't know the whereabouts of the audio tape, but I can confirm a previous recording of a Tic Tac Dough program from the early 80s (however, it should be noted that 70s eps aired in Dallas in the 80s).  Hopefully, I can find it.

mcsittel

Anyone Got That On Tape?
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2008, 10:44:05 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'187459\' date=\'Jun 3 2008, 08:23 PM\']
So it was YOU who was responsible for the "6-hour Dream House Endgame Megamix" tape copy that now sits in my collection???  :-)
[/quote]

Indeed I am!  Well, with help from Mom of course... :)

Winkfan

Anyone Got That On Tape?
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2008, 07:47:24 PM »
I got my first VCR in 1988, and the first game show I ever taped was The All-New Dating Game w/Jeff MacGregor emceeing.

Cordially,
Tammy
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

Card Shark

Anyone Got That On Tape?
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2008, 09:55:43 AM »
Circa Christmas break 1986, I got really spoiled by being able to watch the CBS morning lineup each day with Pyramid, Card Sharks and TPIR. Immediately after winter break, the Rafferty CS was moved from 4:30 p.m. on WPVI to 4:30 a.m. So, in order to see my favorite show, my parents taped the entire morning lineup for me for about 2 weeks.
Adam Strom

davemackey

Anyone Got That On Tape?
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2008, 07:37:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' post=\'187653\' date=\'Jun 7 2008, 07:47 PM\']
I got my first VCR in 1988, and the first game show I ever taped was The All-New Dating Game w/Jeff MacGregor emceeing.

Cordially,
Tammy
[/quote]
Welcome back Tammy! Good to see you again.

Gsguy

Anyone Got That On Tape?
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2008, 08:34:45 PM »
First shows I remember taping on a daily basis was The Price is Right around early 1998.

TimK2003

Anyone Got That On Tape?
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2008, 11:09:04 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'187702\' date=\'Jun 8 2008, 07:37 PM\']
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' post=\'187653\' date=\'Jun 7 2008, 07:47 PM\']

Cordially,
Tammy
[/quote]
Welcome back Tammy! Good to see you again.
[/quote]

Likewise...Don't be a stranger!!!