Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sajak to end Fox News talker  (Read 2867 times)

dzinkin

Sajak to end Fox News talker
« on: October 03, 2003, 11:11:08 PM »
Sajak to End Fox News Talker
By Kim McAvoy -- Broadcasting & Cable, 10/3/2003 5:45:00 PM

Fox News Channel and Pat Sajak have mutually agreed to end his weekend one-hour talk show.

An announcement is expected Sunday, which is also expected to be his last original broadcast.

The appropriately named Pat Sajak Weekend had aired Sundays at 9 p.m. and again Mondays at midnight.

SOURCE:
http://www.broadcastingcable.com/index.asp...y=Breaking+News

inturnaround

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2003, 12:48:28 AM »
Who wants to bet that the \"mutual agreement\" came about after Fox offered to pay Sajak extra if he says nothing but nice things about his Fox News experience?

I guess we'll have Rolf Bernischke weekend now.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

Skynet74

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2003, 01:19:06 AM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Oct 4 2003, 12:48 AM\'] Who wants to bet that the "mutual agreement" came about after Fox offered to pay Sajak extra if he says nothing but nice things about his Fox News experience?

I guess we'll have Rolf Bernischke weekend now. [/quote]

Good for Pat. it was probably a pain in the ass to have to be in New York every weekend to tape this thing anyway. At least now he has his weekends free......like every good game show host should!  :-)

John

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2003, 03:13:41 AM »
Although I wished Pat the best, from what I saw of the show, it just couldn't work. Pat's a much better conversationalist (is that a word?) than he is an interviewer, and I don't want to watch two people have a conversation for a half hour that I'm not a part of.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

cmjb13

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2003, 09:10:28 AM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Oct 4 2003, 01:19 AM\'] At least now he has his weekends free......like every good game show host should!

[/quote]
 As if he doesn't get enough time off during the year as it is.

He works something like 38 days a year.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

dzinkin

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2003, 10:11:14 AM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Oct 4 2003, 01:19 AM\'] Good for Pat. it was probably a pain in the ass to have to be in New York every weekend to tape this thing anyway. At least now he has his weekends free......like every good game show host should!  :-)
 [/quote]
 He didn't have to go to NYC every week, actually... Fox had sets built for him in New York, Washington and Los Angeles, so that he never had to travel far to tape the show.

- David

Skynet74

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2003, 02:38:36 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Oct 4 2003, 10:11 AM\']
 [/QUOTE]
He didn't have to go to NYC every week, actually... Fox had sets built for him in New York, Washington and Los Angeles, so that he never had to travel far to tape the show.

- David [/QUOTE]

They went to all the trouble for him? Wow.... they must of had high hopes for this thing to work. Unfortunately it seems that people won't accept Pat as anything other than a game show host. Every other vehicle he tries gets canceled very quickly. Maybe he should try radio. He already owns a couple of stations. It would be cool if he could get a nice little syndicaton deal put together for a weekly program. Perhaps he could count down records like Casey Kasem. Then he would have a job working with numbers in addition to letters. He would have everything covered and life would be complete! ;-)

John
« Last Edit: October 04, 2003, 02:38:52 PM by Skynet74 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2003, 02:52:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Oct 4 2003, 11:38 AM\'] Unfortunately it seems that people won't accept Pat as anything other than a game show host. Every other vehicle he tries gets canceled very quickly. [/quote]
 Actually I thought Robert hit the nail right on the head...conversational television just doesn't work unless your name is Bob Costas and it's one in the morning.

The couple of episodes I saw were pretty good, but you really have to be a fan for the show to hold your interest for very long. And unlike \"Later\", there are simply better options available.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

bellbm

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2003, 10:44:59 PM »
Speaking of radio, Pat Sajak was a possible candidate to take over for Casey Kasem on American Top 40 when he left in 1988 over a contract dispute.
But he pulled his hat out of the ring, since he had signed with CBS to do the late night talk show, and at the time American Top 40 was produced by ABC Watermark.
Instead, the job went to Shadoe Stevens.

Card Shark

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2003, 10:52:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Oct 4 2003, 01:19 AM\'] [quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Oct 4 2003, 12:48 AM\'] Who wants to bet that the "mutual agreement" came about after Fox offered to pay Sajak extra if he says nothing but nice things about his Fox News experience?

I guess we'll have Rolf Bernischke weekend now. [/quote]

Good for Pat. it was probably a pain in the ass to have to be in New York every weekend to tape this thing anyway. At least now he has his weekends free......like every good game show host should!  :-)

John [/quote]
 Yea, definitely a good thing, since he works something like a couple of months out of the entire year.
Adam Strom