Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If you win a trip on a game show...  (Read 1471 times)

cmjb13

If you win a trip on a game show...
« on: September 29, 2003, 06:50:56 AM »
Does one have the ability to change where they want to go?

For example if one lives in NY and wins a trip to NY, doesn't make much sense to fly to L.A then to NY when someone lives so close.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Timsterino

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 12:31:28 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 06:50 AM\'] Does one have the ability to change where they want to go?

For example if one lives in NY and wins a trip to NY, doesn't make much sense to fly to L.A then to NY when someone lives so close. [/quote]
No. Most of the time, trips are non-transferable. So if you are from NY and you win a trip to NY then the best thing to do is decline that trip. Sometimes, Game Shows will work with you on trips that are supposed to be \"Round Trip airfare from Los Angeles....\" and work them to originate from your hometown. They did this for me when I won the Hollywood Squares Secret Squares Sweepstakes. The forms from PIC TV said Los Angeles but they and CBS' American Express Travel (the CBS travel operator) re-worked them so I could leave from Miami.

Tim :-)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2003, 04:36:00 PM by Timsterino »

Radiofreewill

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 02:01:00 PM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 11:31 AM\'] Sometimes, Game Shows will work with you on shows that are supposed to be "Round Trip airfare from Los Angeles...." and work them to originate from your hometown. They did this for me when I won the Hollywood Squares Secret Squares Sweepstakes. The forms from PIC TV said Los Angeles but they and CBS' American Express Travel (the CBS travel operator) re-worked them so I could leave from Miami. [/quote]
 I've always wondered about that myself. Thanks Tim.

vtown7

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 06:46:46 PM »
One person that was on Wheel with me in '97 won a trip to San Diego, and she was from Culver City (5 blocks from Sony, she told us).  She ended up keeping the hotel but forfeiting the airfaire, IIRC.

Cheers,

Ryan :)

tommycharles

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2003, 12:56:35 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 05:50 AM\'] Does one have the ability to change where they want to go?

For example if one lives in NY and wins a trip to NY, doesn't make much sense to fly to L.A then to NY when someone lives so close. [/quote]
 It seems some shows are flexible: $100k Pyramid switched a contestants destination from a mystery 7 trip because she had just got back from the location of the original prize.