Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Flashback time...  (Read 2315 times)

joshg

Flashback time...
« on: September 28, 2003, 06:53:13 AM »
Moderator Chris... any memories or details to share about this show?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=18836

JOSH
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

rugrats1

Flashback time...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2003, 06:00:13 PM »
\"That's My Line\" was practically \"What's My Line?\" without the game show element. Unlike Goodson-Todman's other game shows, \"That's My Line\" was G-T's answer to \"Real People\", as it featured people with unusual occupations.

The show was seen for a 3-week run in August 1980 on CBS, then returned from February to April 1981.

Jim

Flashback time...
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2003, 09:45:40 PM »
Bob had little to do on the show other than introduce some of the segmants and make small talk with the two female co-hostesses/reporters.  I do remember Bob ended each segment with the catch phrase, \"And that's my line.\"

uncamark

Flashback time...
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 03:13:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Jim\' date=\'Sep 28 2003, 08:45 PM\']Bob had little to do on the show other than introduce some of the segmants and make small talk with the two female co-hostesses/reporters.  I do remember Bob ended each segment with the catch phrase, \"And that's my line.\"[/quote]
They did allow some time--at least in the summer replacement version of the show--for Barker to do some \"T or C\"-type stunts with people from the audience--the sort of things he was doing in his \"Fun and Games\" state fair shows.

Jimmy Owen

Flashback time...
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2003, 03:23:09 PM »
I would have liked the show better if they had put in some WML? games.  Tiiu Leek did appear on the Ward TTTT as an occasional panelist.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

davemackey

Flashback time...
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2003, 06:37:10 PM »
They did bring Kerry Millerick in near the end to add a little more male perspective. The theme music was a cute little tuba-driven thing by Bob Cobert.