Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Name That Tune"..."Name That Tune"..  (Read 2500 times)

weaklink75

"Name That Tune"..."Name That Tune"..
« on: October 23, 2007, 01:30:00 PM »
MTV, VH1, and CMT have all signed up to do 6 eps of Name That Tune each......I wonder how the shows would translate on different networks...

tpirfan28

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 01:41:41 PM »
For a brief second there, I thought someone merged "Jokers Wild" and "Name That Tune".  Definitely not a bad thing if that were to happen.

So I'd assume country songs on CMT...but wouldn't MTV and VH1 both be overlapping the same genres of music? (sorry...don't watch much MTV or VH1)
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

weaklink75

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 01:49:38 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'167668\' date=\'Oct 23 2007, 01:41 PM\']
For a brief second there, I thought someone merged "Jokers Wild" and "Name That Tune".  Definitely not a bad thing if that were to happen.

So I'd assume country songs on CMT...but wouldn't MTV and VH1 both be overlapping the same genres of music? (sorry...don't watch much MTV or VH1)
[/quote]

With MTV, I thought it would be more "Find That Tune" since they don't play that much music anymore....

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 01:53:03 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'167668\' date=\'Oct 23 2007, 10:41 AM\']
[/quote]
No. VH1 plays more classic stuff and stuff from the '80s, and MTV plays crap.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 02:01:37 PM »
Personally, I'd like to see this work out... I don't know why though.

And was I one of the super-minority who enjoyed "Name that Video" on VH1?

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 03:06:07 PM »
I don't know what to think of this one. The "music" that MTV plays is the same teenybopper/rap that all sounds the same.

/MTV and Clear Channel both helped kill music
//Viacom too
///Death to mega-conglomerates
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Fedya

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 03:24:31 PM »
Chris Lemon wrote:
No. VH1 plays more classic stuff and stuff from the '80s, and MTV plays crap.

Does VH1 even play music any more?  I thought they were more and more going to the List Show and Nonce Celebrity formats.

Even VH1 Classic is showing less and less music; the last I checked they weren't playing videos at night any more.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

xavier45

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 03:31:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' post=\'167688\' date=\'Oct 23 2007, 03:24 PM\']

Does VH1 even play music any more?  I thought they were more and more going to the List Show and Nonce Celebrity formats.

Even VH1 Classic is showing less and less music; the last I checked they weren't playing videos at night any more.
[/quote]
VH1 only plays it overnight. I believe the schedule is 3-11am of music and the rest of the schedule is there Celebrity Reality shows.

And VH1 Classic shows music almost all day since I last watched it Yesterday.

beatlefreak84

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 03:45:59 PM »
Does VH1 even play music any more? I thought they were more and more going to the List Show and Nonce Celebrity formats.

They do, but, from what I gather, you need to either set a DVR for very early in the morning or wake your lazy butt up pretty early to see the videos.  I used to get up at 8 on Saturday mornings to watch the Top 20 Video Countdown, mainly because they covered all genres of today's music, not just the limited stuff MTV does.  But, now, I sleep in on Saturdays...;)

But, yeah; other than that, it's list shows/celebrity stuff for the rest of the day...:)

Anthony

P.S.  Man; I LOVED VH1 Classic when they were simply a 24-hour music video channel; I'd watch those things for hours...:).
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

mmb5

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 04:19:01 PM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'167689\' date=\'Oct 23 2007, 03:31 PM\']
And VH1 Classic shows music almost all day since I last watched it Yesterday.
[/quote]
VH1 Classic does not show videos post-6 PM anymore unless it's Pop Up Video.  For those of us who work during the day and have liked having some videos to watch in the evening, we're out of luck.

Sigh, to go back to 2000, when VH-1 Classic was all videos, all the time, and commercial free.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

TimK2003

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 05:35:50 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'167668\' date=\'Oct 23 2007, 01:41 PM\']
For a brief second there, I thought someone merged "Jokers Wild" and "Name That Tune".  Definitely not a bad thing if that were to happen.[/quote]

It's a natural for both shows to merge together, because as you all know, both Joker's Wild and Name That Tune are both games of definitions!!!

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 11:34:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Strikerz04\' post=\'167675\' date=\'Oct 23 2007, 02:01 PM\']And was I one of the super-minority who enjoyed "Name that Video" on VH1?[/quote]
I liked it all right, despite having next to no knowledge of contemporary pop music. But the bonus round was utter crap--10 videos in 60 seconds, no room for not knowing even one of the videos, and a board operator and/or computer that gave you a lovely 2-second delay every time a video was passed.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin