Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune 10th Season Bonus Solution Categories  (Read 2155 times)

classicwheelfan

Wheel of Fortune 10th Season Bonus Solution Categories
« on: September 21, 2007, 12:06:58 AM »
Does anyone know what categories were used from the 10th Season of Wheel of Fortune where a contestant could win $500 if they could answer the solution to the category? I know that the categories CLUE and BLANK were used during the 1992-93 season, but what other bonus solution categories were used?

vtown7

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 07:48:29 AM »
Was the "Fill in the number" kicking around at that time?

R.

beatlefreak84

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 09:00:56 AM »
For some reason, the first thing that popped into my head (besides "Clue") was that gimmick with the red letters, where some of the letters were colored red, and you had to unscramble them for $500.

However, that could have been from a later season; I'm not 100% sure.

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 01:28:12 PM »
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' post=\'164442\' date=\'Sep 21 2007, 09:00 AM\']
For some reason, the first thing that popped into my head (besides "Clue") was that gimmick with the red letters, where some of the letters were colored red, and you had to unscramble them for $500.

However, that could have been from a later season; I'm not 100% sure.
[/quote]
Seems to be right around that same time frame.

I think the FOREIGN WORD category popped up during that season, but I don't remember if you had to translate the word for extra dough.

And for a brief time period, Charlie O'Donnell would even read a question for the contestant to answer for extra money. Can't remember if that was the 10th anniversary season, though.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 01:38:17 PM »
What about Megaword?
This signature is currently under construction.

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 02:22:36 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'164478\' date=\'Sep 21 2007, 01:38 PM\']
What about Megaword?
[/quote]
I was under the impression that Megaword debuted around the time of the second puzzleboard (technically third, counting the Stafford one) and the big band theme.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

classicwheelfan

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 02:46:10 PM »
Megaword actually wasn't used during the 10th Season of WOF. I know that because I looked at alt.tv.game-shows from Google which has summaries as far back as the 11th Season of Wheel of Fortune. Here are the Bonus Solution Categories that were used during the 11th Season of WOF:

CLUE
BLANK(could be used with 1 ? or 3 ?'s)
NEXT LINE PLEASE
BONUS QUESTION(could be used for any category)
RED LETTER PUZZLES(was used for home viewers only during the 10th Season)
WHERE ARE WE?

May I also point out that contrary to what most sources tell about category BLANK being replaced by FILL IN THE BLANK and later NEXT LINE PLEASE. They actually used the category BLANK with both 1 ? or 3 ?' during the 11th-12th Season. I don't think BLANK was finally replaced with FILL IN THE BLANK until the 13th season. Does anyone know if the category BLANK was used with 3 ?'s during the 10th Season? I know BLANK was used with 1 ? during the 10th Season.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 03:55:44 PM by classicwheelfan »