Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR DVD - more info  (Read 5678 times)

dzinkin

TPIR DVD - more info
« on: September 04, 2007, 01:47:29 AM »
Not a great deal more, but some, anyway.  Courtesy of TVShowsOnDVD.com, including preliminary cover art and partly based on an ad in Stan Blits's new book.

Argo

TPIR DVD - more info
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 10:07:33 PM »
I wonder if they will accidently mix the audio so we could extract a few seconds of clean music cues from the shows, or even better, include a few tracks, or all of the music as special features. It's definately one way to give TPIR music lovers what they have been wanting for years. Also 90% of the people who would buy the DVD collection would be most likely big enough fans that would like to hear the music too. I know I would.

BTW, does BCI only have rights to the G-T Library? I wonder what a WOF of Jeopardy collection would be like, or maybe Whew: The Series on DVD...

Mark

catkins522

TPIR DVD - more info
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 10:25:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Argo\' post=\'162746\' date=\'Sep 4 2007, 10:07 PM\']
I wonder if they will accidently mix the audio so we could extract a few seconds of clean music cues from the shows, ...
[/quote]

I wonder if they will show some 1970-80's CLASSIC shows and not 2003-07 Classics shows...

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
TPIR DVD - more info
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 07:06:39 AM »
[quote name=\'Argo\' post=\'162746\' date=\'Sep 4 2007, 10:07 PM\']
I wonder if they will accidently mix the audio so we could extract a few seconds of clean music cues from the shows, or even better, include a few tracks, or all of the music as special features.
[/quote]

You gotta think a little smaller. As in "I wonder if they will accidentally make the entire set non-defective".
@lambertman

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
TPIR DVD - more info
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 07:11:51 AM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'162774\' date=\'Sep 5 2007, 06:06 AM\']
You gotta think a little smaller. As in "I wonder if they will accidentally make the entire set non-defective".
[/quote]
A while back, I had commented that my discs were defective.  I was told that I should contact them.  I emailed info@navarre.com on July 14.  I have yet to hear back from them.

Somehow, I think that's the last bit of business they'll get from me.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 07:12:17 AM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPIR DVD - more info
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 11:59:29 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'162776\' date=\'Sep 5 2007, 04:11 AM\']
A while back, I had commented that my discs were defective.  I was told that I should contact them.  I emailed info@navarre.com on July 14.  I have yet to hear back from them.

Somehow, I think that's the last bit of business they'll get from me.
[/quote]
I note they have a phone number: 763-535-8333

I would suggest calling it.

(And I'm still not sure why you're trying to contact the reseller instead of the people who actually MADE the thing and would be in the best position to replace defective product.)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 12:00:37 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
TPIR DVD - more info
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 01:44:48 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'162801\' date=\'Sep 5 2007, 10:59 AM\']
(And I'm still not sure why you're trying to contact the reseller instead of the people who actually MADE the thing and would be in the best position to replace defective product.)
[/quote]
I'm not. I got that email address directly off their website.  While I appreciate you posting that number, I think that if I use an email address provided on their page and they don't bother to respond, I shouldn't bother with them.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 01:51:10 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

TPIR DVD - more info
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 02:09:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'162814\' date=\'Sep 5 2007, 10:44 AM\']
I'm not. I got that email address directly off their website.  
[/quote]
Okay, I'm starting to see. They're largely a distributor, but they own BCI, who seems to be an in-house publishing arm for them.

So I found this: http://www.navarre.com/bci.aspx

I wonder if you might have better luck trying to contact the BCI wing directly, although I'm also seeing that other reviews have pointed out this chapter-stop-freeze issue, so I'm not sure if you would get satisfaction with that either.
While I appreciate you posting that number, I think that if I use an email address provided on their page and they don't bother to respond, I shouldn't bother with them.
Well, that's your choice, but it's been my experience that email is easy to ignore, and a live customer on the other end of the phone is not.

(I'm also basing some of this on my experience dealing with MUCH larger publishers (Universal, Warner) who have been very proactive fixing issues with their Back To The Future and Superman sets, respectively. But they also stand to lose a lot more, there, so I realize the difference.)

That said, it's looking more and more like this issue is a programmatical error of some kind and not a simple defective product thing, so I'm starting to understand why you might not want to give them future business.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 08:43:11 PM by clemon79 »

chad1m

TPIR DVD - more info
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 04:20:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'162776\' date=\'Sep 5 2007, 07:11 AM\']
A while back, I had commented that my discs were defective.  I was told that I should contact them.  I emailed info@navarre.com on July 14.  I have yet to hear back from them.[/quote]

I emailed that email address in the summer as well and got no response. I took Chris's advice and sent them an email at the info[at]bcieclipse.com address. I got a reply an hour later.

Hi Chad
I wanted to let you know that your issue regarding Match Game has been brought to my attention. Thanks for alerting us to the issue - you are not the first to have problems with the 4th DVD. We apologize
I will have a replacement copy ordered for you and sent to the address below.

I suggest you try that when you get a chance. =)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 04:21:07 PM by chad1m »

clemon79

TPIR DVD - more info
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 04:49:39 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'162836\' date=\'Sep 5 2007, 01:20 PM\']
I emailed that email address in the summer as well and got no response. I took Chris's advice and sent them an email at the info[at]bcieclipse.com address. I got a reply an hour later.
I suggest you try that when you get a chance. =)
[/quote]
You did all of that TODAY and it all got ironed out? Wow. That's really impressive. I'm glad it worked out for you, especially if the fourth disc (is the problem confined solely to the fourth disc?) you get from them works!

/I truly enjoy seeing people get good customer service
//Especially since Sprint and Comcast haven't shown me a lot of it lately
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 04:55:06 PM by clemon79 »

tpirfan28

TPIR DVD - more info
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 05:09:09 PM »
Hmm...I think I'll have to do that.  I've had it for a while now and haven't had any time to get a hold of anyone.

[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'162840\' date=\'Sep 5 2007, 04:49 PM\']
/I truly enjoy seeing people get good customer service
//Especially since Sprint and Comcast haven't shown me a lot of it lately
[/quote]
I feel for ya.

/Comcast blows.
//Hard.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

BrandonFG

TPIR DVD - more info
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 05:09:47 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'162840\' date=\'Sep 5 2007, 04:49 PM\']
//Especially since Sprint...[hasn't] shown me a lot of it lately
[/quote]
Just don't call them...they might drop you. :-P

/what a crock of sh...
//sugar-honey-iced-tea
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

TPIR DVD - more info
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 05:15:24 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'162841\' date=\'Sep 5 2007, 02:09 PM\']
/Comcast blows.
//Hard.
[/quote]
Tivo HD. Cablecard. You don't know the HALF of it.
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'162842\' date=\'Sep 5 2007, 02:09 PM\']
Just don't call them...they might drop you. :-P
[/quote]
Honestly? I've had to call them like three times this month: once when a subscription app didn't download correctly to my phone, again when the billing for said app was screwed up, and a third time because they screwed up my online account for my landline long distance three months ago and I didn't know it until I tried paying this month's bill online. (That last one is still being fixed.) That I'm actually concerned they might pull that stunt again on a nine-year customer who has called them maybe five times before this is really disturbing to me.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 05:16:45 PM by clemon79 »

tpirfan28

TPIR DVD - more info
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 05:23:02 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'162843\' date=\'Sep 5 2007, 05:15 PM\']
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'162841\' date=\'Sep 5 2007, 02:09 PM\']
/Comcast blows.
//Hard.
[/quote]
Tivo HD. Cablecard. You don't know the HALF of it.
[/quote]
I kinda do.  In this neck of the woods, they launched a great new channel, the Big Ten Network, for all things college sports (and lots of football/basketball).  The network wanted on the regular tier, Comcast wanted it on the sports tier.  Long story short, the network isn't on our Comcast at all, and durning every goddamn cable break during any programming, we get a pleasant 30-second digital slap at Big Ten Network and how Comcast is "watching out for their customers".

Yet they just raised our bill $3.50 while deducting three channels.

But man, I'd love to go strangle some people over there.  I've always wanted a good stress relief tool.

ObGS: GSN was once on the sports tier of Comcast, now it's on the regular tier.
ObGS2: They refuse to put the MyNetwork channel on cable either.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
TPIR DVD - more info
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 06:40:16 PM »
Every commercial break on sports talk radio in Indianapolis:

"We're the Big Ten Network. Comcast Sucks."
"We're Comcast. The Big Ten Network Sucks."
"We're DirecTV. We have Big Ten Network. Comcast and Dish both suck."

With the money they're pouring into the attack ads, BTN could cut their asking price in half and Comcast could put it on at a loss.

Idiots, all of them.

/That said, can't wait 'til my dish goes back up in Jan and I get BTN
@lambertman