Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WWE does the Feud...  (Read 2266 times)

brianhenke

WWE does the Feud...
« on: September 01, 2007, 11:41:33 PM »
While WWE has suspended eleven wrestlers for using steroids and other performance enhancing drugs, wwe.com has unveiled a spoof of FF called McMahonly Feud, which uses a ripoff of the Classic FF board.

When you click on an answer, you see a video clip of the McMahons, well, feuding. Number 1's a Smackdown clip where Vince makes out with Trish Stratus while Linda (in a wheelchair) looks on helplessly. This was during the time the major antagonist for Vince wasn't all the suspensions that were issued this week, but when the Parents Television Council attacked Smackdown every week (eventually, the PTC apologized to WWE for their lies about Smackdown's content).

All the McMahons appear on Raw Monday night.

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
WWE does the Feud...
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 01:33:19 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' post=\'162547\' date=\'Sep 1 2007, 11:41 PM\']
While WWE has suspended eleven wrestlers for using steroids and other performance enhancing drugs, wwe.com has unveiled a spoof of FF called McMahonly Feud, which uses a ripoff of the Classic FF board.

When you click on an answer, you see a video clip of the McMahons, well, feuding. Number 1's a Smackdown clip where Vince makes out with Trish Stratus while Linda (in a wheelchair) looks on helplessly. This was during the time the major antagonist for Vince wasn't all the suspensions that were issued this week, but when the Parents Television Council attacked Smackdown every week (eventually, the PTC apologized to WWE for their lies about Smackdown's content).

All the McMahons appear on Raw Monday night.

Brian
[/quote]

Pushing it, Brian. Pushing it.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
WWE does the Feud...
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 02:21:24 PM »
Not only that, he's basing his statement about the suspensions on nothing verifiable, since the WWE's release has only mentioned that ten people were suspended, and as of now they don't name names, so that's all that anyone will officially know unless those ten people come forward. All other evidence is (while damning) still circumstantial.

Reporting unverifiable information as fact: it's the Henke way!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 02:24:01 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tpirfan28

WWE does the Feud...
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 02:36:54 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'162556\' date=\'Sep 2 2007, 02:21 PM\']
Not only that, he's basing his statement about the suspensions on nothing verifiable, since the WWE's release has only mentioned that ten people were suspended, and as of now they don't name names, so that's all that anyone will officially know unless those ten people come forward. All other evidence is (while damning) still circumstantial.

Reporting unverifiable information as fact: it's the Henke way!
[/quote]
I'm not saying that you OR the press release is wrong, but I've heard (IIRC on CNN or ESPN) that it was 11 persons, 10 had their first strike and the 11th was a second strike.  Someone also had a list of the ten.  I'll try and find it...knowing me, no luck.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

chad1m

WWE does the Feud...
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 02:42:15 PM »
The eleventh that many people talk about is Mike "Simon Dean" Bucci, who was been a trainer in developmental  territories. He was let go to "set an example".

clemon79

WWE does the Feud...
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 03:01:32 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'162557\' date=\'Sep 2 2007, 11:36 AM\']
but I've heard (IIRC on CNN or ESPN) that it was 11 persons, 10 had their first strike and the 11th was a second strike.  Someone also had a list of the ten.  I'll try and find it...knowing me, no luck.
[/quote]
Right, and I'm telling you that all of that is based on circumstantial evidence, because the WWE does not release the names of suspended performers. Those lists are based on a list of WWE performers leaked by the NY DA's office who were at one time customers of Signature Pharmacy. So while it's very possible to suppose, there is nothing official. The ONLY official information as of this writing is: ten performers have been suspended for violations of the WWE's Wellness Policy. That's it. That's all. Henke went further.

Do I think the Teflon King will get away with it? Probably.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
WWE does the Feud...
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 12:40:40 AM »
Maybe... but Dave Meltzer was running with it as well.  I tend to give that more credibility than mainstream sources, or even WWE itself since they will dissemble in situations like this.

Also, they're doing weekend tapings for TV due to the overseas tour, and by the time Henke made his original post, all of the people on the Smackdown and ECW rosters who were going to be affected were losing matches that stripped titles and took them off the road (see Morrison, John).  Considering that this trend continued during tonight's Raw tapings, the list is genuine.  Granted Henke may not have known all of this, but it still, unfortunately, springs him.

(Not a Rule 12 violation, since the rule only covers game shows)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 12:41:44 AM by parliboy »
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
WWE does the Feud...
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 12:43:28 AM »
[quote name=\'parliboy\' post=\'162573\' date=\'Sep 3 2007, 12:40 AM\']
Maybe... but Dave Meltzer was running with it as well.  I tend to give that more credibility than mainstream sources, or even WWE itself since they will dissemble in situations like this.

Also, they're doing weekend tapings for TV due to the overseas tour, and by the time Henke made his original post, all of the people on the Smackdown and ECW rosters who were going to be affected were losing matches that stripped titles and took them off the road (see Morrison, John).  Considering that this trend continued during tonight's Raw tapings, the list is genuine.  Granted Henke may not have known all of this, but it still, unfortunately, springs him.

(Not a Rule 12 violation, since the rule only covers game shows)
[/quote]

But Henke wasn't posting for the suspensions. He was posting for a coincidental appearance of the old FF board on wwe.com.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

parliboy

WWE does the Feud...
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 12:52:12 AM »
The number of people in the thread who were actually concentrating on that aspect of his post totals exactly one.  Game show parodies have always been an acceptable topic, no matter how lame.

clemon79

WWE does the Feud...
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 12:52:33 AM »
[quote name=\'parliboy\' post=\'162573\' date=\'Sep 2 2007, 09:40 PM\']
Considering that this trend continued during tonight's Raw tapings, the list is genuine.  
[/quote]
Just because he happened to get lucky does not mean he had any friggin' idea what he was talking about.

Like I said...teflon.

parliboy

WWE does the Feud...
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 12:55:43 AM »
Oh, sorry.  When you said Teflon King, I thought you meant McMahon.

clemon79

WWE does the Feud...
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 01:12:52 AM »
[quote name=\'parliboy\' post=\'162577\' date=\'Sep 2 2007, 09:55 PM\']
Oh, sorry.  When you said Teflon King, I thought you meant McMahon.
[/quote]
Well, certainly it seems to apply to him, too, yes. :) But...no.