Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Temptation" to get a prime-time preview  (Read 8907 times)

tpirfan28

"Temptation" to get a prime-time preview
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2007, 03:12:42 PM »
Alrighty, I'm gonna ask for a slight favor.

Can someone put up some highlights of the shows tonight?  I just tried with three different antennas on three different tvs to attempt to get my MyNetwork affiliate with zero luck.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2007, 03:21:28 PM »
Someone probably will, but I can probably give screenshots easily, since I have a TV card (though I know I'm not the only one)

The genre hasn't looked this optimistic in a LONG time.
I dunno, a few months ago when we were first talking about daytime Deal and Joker's Wild along with these felt more optimistic, although it was probably optimism in the sense that there were so many shows, at least one of them had to be good.

/Law of Averages > Murphy's Law
//Sometimes
This signature is currently under construction.

BrandonFG

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2007, 03:56:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'162826\' date=\'Sep 5 2007, 03:21 PM\']
The genre hasn't looked this optimistic in a LONG time.
I dunno, a few months ago when we were first talking about daytime Deal and Joker's Wild along with these felt more optimistic, although it was probably optimism in the sense that there were so many shows, at least one of them had to be good.

/Law of Averages > Murphy's Law
//Sometimes
[/quote]
When I say "optimistic", I mean in terms of quantity AND quality. From the previews I've seen, and reports I've read, the producers of both new shows GET IT, and that's all I ask.

Even the primetime shows are starting to look good. The shows that shouldn't make it get canceled ("Show Me the Money", "Set For Life"), and the ones that deserve timeslots get them ("Singing Bee", "Power of 10"). There's some that are okay, but I still have problems with ("Are You Smarter...", "Don't Forget..."), but with a little fine-tuning, could be watchable IMODO.

I'm just happy to see some balance with the genre. Endemol's efforts from 2005-07 (except for "1 vs. 100") really scared me, in terms of the future of game shows. With the recent primetime efforts not called "Set for Life", and the syndicated stuff (even "Feud"), the genre looks its best in a long time.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

tpirfan28

« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2007, 04:00:41 PM »
Quick question....is Feud starting its new season on 9/10?  I was just double-checking Zap2It and it doesn't have a "NEW" tag on either run.

EDIT: I have no friggin' idea why this is here...it should be in the "Fall Skeds" topic.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 04:02:47 PM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"