Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kitty Carlisle...  (Read 3188 times)

Kevin Prather

Kitty Carlisle...
« on: September 19, 2003, 09:59:35 PM »
I think i read here at some point that Kitty Carlisle had died. But i did a search, and couldn't find the post. My friend says Kitty is still alive, based on info at imdb.com.

Has Kitty passed on, or is she still with us?

PeterMarshallFan

Kitty Carlisle...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2003, 10:01:40 PM »
93 and still kicking. I dunno where you heard she died.

zachhoran

Kitty Carlisle...
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2003, 10:34:41 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Sep 19 2003, 09:01 PM\'] 93 and still kicking. I dunno where you heard she died. [/quote]
 Not only still alive and kicking, but she's made a couple of appearances on the Today SHow in recent months, once featured in a week-long segment on \"Women over 80\" and another time demonstrating some sort of exercises for Senior citizens.

DjohnsonCB

Kitty Carlisle...
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2003, 10:52:09 PM »
Not only is Kitty still with us for now, but she's scheduled to come to *my* neighborhood with Tony Randall and appear in a play here.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

snowpeck

Kitty Carlisle...
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2003, 11:48:38 PM »
You possibly have her confused with the late Arlene Francis, who did pass somewhat recently.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Kevin Prather

Kitty Carlisle...
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2003, 11:53:58 PM »
that could be. but damned if i don't remember the name Kitty Carlisle. oh well.

Robair

Kitty Carlisle...
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2003, 06:16:05 AM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Sep 19 2003, 09:01 PM\'] 93 and still kicking. I dunno where you heard she died. [/quote]
 alt.tv.game-shows, I guess...
--Robair

Kevin Prather

Kitty Carlisle...
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2003, 01:34:34 PM »
no. it was definitely a message board.

i googled \"Kitty Carlisle dead\". there were no posts saying kitty carlisle had died.

i coulda sworn i read it here. hell, coulda been that troll that snuck in a couple months ago.

ok, kitty carlisle is alive. i'm glad. she's great. :)

DjohnsonCB

Kitty Carlisle...
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2003, 05:53:33 PM »
A bit more newly-discovered info about the play Kitty and Tony Randall are appearing in in Council Bluffs, IA for anyone interested:

\"Love Letters\" will be performed Nov. 16 @ 4 PM (Central Time) at the Arts Center at Iowa Western Community College.

http://artscenter.iwcc.edu/season/default.html
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

Skynet74

Kitty Carlisle...
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2003, 09:00:04 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Sep 19 2003, 09:59 PM\'] I think i read here at some point that Kitty Carlisle had died. But i did a search, and couldn't find the post. My friend says Kitty is still alive, based on info at imdb.com.

Has Kitty passed on, or is she still with us? [/quote]

Three people who will never Die.......... Dick Clark, Tony Randall and Kitty Carlisle. They all have the secret potion locked away in a draw. ;-)

John

BrandonFG

Kitty Carlisle...
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2003, 09:11:13 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Sep 20 2003, 08:00 PM\'] [quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Sep 19 2003, 09:59 PM\'] I think i read here at some point that Kitty Carlisle had died. But i did a search, and couldn't find the post. My friend says Kitty is still alive, based on info at imdb.com.

Has Kitty passed on, or is she still with us? [/quote]

Three people who will never Die.......... Dick Clark, Tony Randall and Kitty Carlisle. They all have the secret potion locked away in a draw. ;-)

John [/quote]
 You forgot Bob Barker. :-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jim

Kitty Carlisle...
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2003, 08:39:37 PM »
Monty Hall is trying to trade them what he has in his pocket for the secret formula.   That or the sure thing of a Mohegan Sun stack of chips.  How many, you ask?  Monty looks up in the air and whistles: wanna know what it will cost you, Kitty?

You have to give credit to a woman in her mid-90's travelling halfway across the country in the wintertime to practice her craft- what a trooper.

Skynet74

Kitty Carlisle...
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2003, 01:37:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Jim\' date=\'Sep 21 2003, 08:39 PM\'] You have to give credit to a woman in her mid-90's travelling halfway across the country in the wintertime to practice her craft- what a trooper. [/quote]

Well practice makes perfect. I heard that she aspires to be On the All New To Tell The Truth  2010  :-) ............... and it looks like she may actually make it!

John