Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bill Cullen's Bank On The Stars-Summer 1954  (Read 886 times)

Tim L

Bill Cullen's Bank On The Stars-Summer 1954
« on: June 19, 2007, 12:17:08 AM »
The following notice is a TV Guide "Lake Erie Edition" Local Dateline. a la New York/Hollywood where local TV notes used to be a weekly feature of TV Guide..especially in the 1950's and 60's..Just an historical curiosity I thought someone  might like:  I got this from a Reprint TV Guide I bought on e-bay ..

"New" Show:
     Your Lucky Stars returns to channel 3 (WNBK) and 73 (WFMJ Youngstown, Oh.) st 8PM on Saturday (May 15).  Bill Cullen will Emcee the replacement for the Spike Jones Show.  Contestants will be shown filmed Highlights from a motion picture, and must answer questions based on the film.

NOTE:WFMJ-TV 73 was days away from moving down the dial to channel 21.

Below is the actual listing for the show..notice the corrected title.

Saturday, May 15, 1954

3-73 Bank On The Stars (NBC)

RETURN Bill Cullen emcees a Comedy Quiz program featuring film segments from recent movies.Three contestants strive to win up to $300 and a chance for the $500 Bank Night Bonus.  After a brief interview, Bill asks the contestants questions based on the highlight movie scene they've just seen. The Bank Night Bonus is based on a film segment the contestants hear but don't see.  They must Identify the voice of the star.

Matt Ottinger's page on Bank On The Stars..

http://userdata.acd.net/ottinger/cullen/shows/bankon.html

Competing programs in that time slot

5 (WEWS-Cleveland) 27 (WKBN-Youngstown) Jackie Gleason Special-25 years in show business for Gleason (CBS)

8 (WXEL-Cleveland) Main Event-Wrestling (DuMont)

49 (WAKR-Akron) Movie-To Be Announced
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 12:29:37 AM by Tim L »