Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 445904 times)

chad1m

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #1965 on: October 22, 2012, 01:17:30 PM »
You think there's gonna be DLC?
They've announced extra game content will come via DLC: 1,400 more puzzles and 600 more clues.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 01:17:40 PM by chad1m »

Hastin

« Reply #1966 on: October 22, 2012, 01:43:36 PM »
Good to note that we may end up seeing classic Jeopardy! sets as DLC. Look at one of the Artists portfolios, and scroll all the way down: http://joelmandishportfolio.blogspot.com/

We see some concept for a classic set.
-Hastin :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1967 on: October 22, 2012, 02:20:33 PM »
They've announced extra game content will come via DLC: 1,400 more puzzles and 600 more clues.
I'll believe it when I see it. At least the demo shows up in my content catalog now, so there's a step.

/the marketing copy is typical Ludia
//I probably can't say more, but I headdesk'd
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 02:23:30 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1968 on: October 22, 2012, 03:15:41 PM »
Good to note that we may end up seeing classic Jeopardy! sets as DLC. Look at one of the Artists portfolios, and scroll all the way down: http://joelmandishportfolio.blogspot.com/

We see some concept for a classic set.
Not that there's a whole lot to the Jeopardy set in the first place, but that sure is pretty.

/the marketing copy is typical Ludia
I wasn't even aware Ludia had a hand in this game. I know THQ and Ubisoft are involved, and considering that these two games look ike they were made with care, I'm pretty sure Ludia is out of the picture here.

BTW, check your Toys R Us for sales- mine has a buy one get 40% off sale on all video games right now, meaning you may be able to pick up the Griffin tandem for around $50.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 03:30:00 PM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

« Reply #1969 on: October 22, 2012, 03:37:48 PM »
I wasn't even aware Ludia had a hand in this game. I know THQ and Ubisoft are involved, and considering that these two games look ike they were made with care, I'm pretty sure Ludia is out of the picture here.
You may be right; the piece Chad wrote for BuzzerBlog mentions Pipeworks, and I am assuming he sourced that information from a press release of some kind. Chad, can you confirm?

Nevertheless, the blurb still made my head hurt.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1970 on: October 22, 2012, 03:52:43 PM »
I meant to relay this yesterday- You Don't Know Jack is available for Xbox 360 direct download at the low price of $10. Each of the 4 expansion packs has been slashed to 100 Microsoft Points ($1.25), meaning you can have the entire lot for $15- $5 if you already had the game and didn't get the extra content.

/You're welcome for the MS Points conversion.
//Don't say I never done nothin for you.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

chad1m

« Reply #1971 on: October 22, 2012, 05:36:16 PM »
Chad, can you confirm? Nevertheless, the blurb still made my head hurt.
This is absolutely not Ludia or Ubisoft. It's Pipeworks and THQ. I'm not sure what Ludia vibe you're getting from this.
I have no way to confirm that extra sets will have anything to do with Jeopardy! You can unlock ten theme week sets from Wheel via winning games and buying them, but no such option exists, as far as I can tell, with Jeopardy! You're always defaulted to "regular" set in the start game menu with no way to change it.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 05:55:29 PM by chad1m »

Hastin

« Reply #1972 on: October 22, 2012, 06:16:38 PM »
The manual in the J! box says "there is only one set at this time, the Classic Set", and there's an summary listed on game start screen that says "Stage: Classic Stage", clearly implying that it can be changed if there were multiple sets.

Pipeworks has at least given themselves the option for DLC Sets with Jeopardy!, but we may not see one.
-Hastin :)

chad1m

« Reply #1973 on: October 22, 2012, 06:33:28 PM »
The manual in the J! box says "there is only one set at this time, the Classic Set"
Oh, okay. I don't have a manual, since I was provided codes for downloading straight from the PSN Store. So I guess it's not outside of the realm of possibility, but I wouldn't get your hopes up very high.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 06:33:47 PM by chad1m »

clemon79

« Reply #1974 on: October 22, 2012, 07:59:17 PM »
I'm not sure what Ludia vibe you're getting from this.
Yes, because as I alluded to before, you can't see the descriptive text that THQ submitted to us that I can, because the game details page doesn't show up on your Xbox until tomorrow morning when the demo is allegedly available.

When it goes live (and I can verify on the box on my desk that it is live, which will upgrade with everyone else's tomorrow morning) I will be more than happy to point out what I am seeing right now, but until then I would like to refrain from getting into habits that might endanger my employment.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 08:01:26 PM by clemon79 »

clemon79

« Reply #1975 on: October 22, 2012, 11:20:57 PM »
Okay, apparently I can mention it, because THQ uses the exact same blurb on their site, with the exception of correcting the spelling on the host's name. The copy as submitted to us was:

Join Alex Trebeck and play as a contestant on “America’s Favorite Quiz Show!®” Test your trivia knowledge to make it to Final Jeopardy and the coveted Winner’s Circle!
"...where Mike Richards will look REALLY confused..."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:21:28 PM by clemon79 »

Kevin Prather

« Reply #1976 on: October 23, 2012, 12:17:54 AM »
Join Alex Trebeck and play as a contestant on “America’s Favorite Quiz Show!®” Test your trivia knowledge to make it to Final Jeopardy and the coveted Winner’s Circle!
"...where Mike Richards will look REALLY confused..."
But will Trebek always have the perfect clue?

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #1977 on: October 23, 2012, 04:08:22 PM »
I now have an urge to see a Final Jeopardy! where the think music has been replaced with the Winner's Circle clock cue. And vice versa.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1978 on: October 24, 2012, 09:58:30 AM »
I now have an urge to see a Final Jeopardy! where the think music has been replaced with the Winner's Circle clock cue. And vice versa.
I'm fairly sure you'll be disappointed with the outcome.

BTW, I didn't see it mentioned here yet, but the Xbox Millionaire game requires you to have a Kinect sensor to play. I still don't know how Ludia thought that not having an option to turn this off was smart.

alfonzos

« Reply #1979 on: November 04, 2012, 01:06:15 AM »
Spotted at Barnes & Noble: Endless Games's Password 7th Edition. I hope they proofread the words this time.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos