Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 446381 times)

Jeremy Nelson

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #1950 on: October 16, 2012, 09:03:46 PM »
Wheel and Jeopardy have been released today...or at least Amazon is showing that they'll ship ASAP. Each game is $30.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Hastin

« Reply #1951 on: October 16, 2012, 09:40:03 PM »
Wheel and Jeopardy have been released today...or at least Amazon is showing that they'll ship ASAP. Each game is $30.

Yep, and I've got them in my hot little hand. Nice upgrades from the Wii versions, but the same base code.

Both games: Avatars are supported, new way of unlocking content (money you win in a game), nice selection of unlockables, Xbox Live support ("MFer stole my E!"), 5.1 surround support. Also supports new content downloads.

Wheel: Jim Thornton is in the new game, 1/2 car spaces are there, plays exactly like last season. Graphics are crisp, all wheel wedge animations are there correctly, they've fixed some of the VO issues.

Jeop!: A little more rough, buzz-in podium light-up animations are gone, but entire Clue Crew is in with full motion video clues. There's an option to play with a different stage, but only the classic is available (as per the Manual - so maybe we can expect some DLC). Graphics are a little fuzzy in some spots, like it didn't receive a refresh from the Wii versions.

Overall, they are both winners, with Wheel being very true-to-show, and are highly recommended for the game show video game fan.

I'm working on some YouTube videos that should be up later. Strictly an intro and gameplay, none of that 'let's comment through the whole game' crap of other play-through videos.

//400th Post!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 09:40:56 PM by Hastin »
-Hastin :)

chad1m

« Reply #1952 on: October 16, 2012, 09:41:54 PM »
Strictly an intro and gameplay, none of that 'let's comment through the whole game' crap of other play-through videos.
God bless you.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #1953 on: October 17, 2012, 12:09:40 AM »
Strictly an intro and gameplay, none of that 'let's comment through the whole game' crap of other play-through videos.
God bless you.
Seconded.  The game should be the star of the video, not some smart aleck know-it-all who thinks he's funny, who lives in his parents' basement.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #1954 on: October 17, 2012, 12:10:28 AM »
Just so we're clear, we're talking about play-along commentary, and not a review, right?
Travis L. Eberle

chad1m

« Reply #1955 on: October 17, 2012, 01:03:02 AM »
Just so we're clear, we're talking about play-along commentary, and not a review, right?
Yes. An intelligent person giving voiceover commentary is fine.This is not.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #1956 on: October 17, 2012, 01:17:04 AM »
Yes. An intelligent person giving voiceover commentary is fine.This is not.

Him again?

If this is the same guy I think it is, of course...
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Hastin

« Reply #1957 on: October 17, 2012, 04:04:16 PM »
FYI, my Wheel of Fortune gameplay video is up:

It's HDMI captured. No "point a camera at the screen" stuff either.

Working on the Jeopardy! video tonight.

//I'm considering doing full voiced-over reviews as well. No wonder this video game stuff has become popular on YouTube. It's fun from a content creator's standpoint as well.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 04:10:17 PM by Hastin »
-Hastin :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1958 on: October 17, 2012, 06:01:11 PM »
Yep, and I've got them in my hot little hand.
Which means you actually know more about these than I do, and I have access to our content catalog, I would really like to know why they aren't in the content catalog, because it's making my afternoon at work slightly inconvenient... :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

narzo

« Reply #1959 on: October 18, 2012, 12:24:16 PM »
if you're a fan of "The Price Is Right Slots" on Facebook you may be interested to note that it's now available in the US iTunes store.  It's been in the Canadian store for months, and they've been working out numerous kinks.  Only thing I've noticed thats any different from the FB variation is the payout settings seem to be much tighter.

You start with "Shell Game" slot machine unlocked, assuming they'll be the same in the US store, and then you unlock "3 strikes", "cliffhanger", "race game" safe crackers" and on and on.

chad1m

« Reply #1960 on: October 21, 2012, 01:22:36 AM »
If you'd like more opinions on the new Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy games, I posted my review at BuzzerBlog. Also, well-known video game site Giant Bomb has what I thought was an entertaining 90-minute playthrough review of the games on their YouTube channel.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1961 on: October 21, 2012, 08:17:05 PM »
My favorite line: "Can I get this on a Service Merchandise gift certificate?"

One of the things I saw on the Jeopardy option screen was the option to switch sets. I'd assume they're talking about the on- road sets, but since they've only left the Sony Studios once this past couple seasons, I'm hoping we see a vintage set or two in the DLC. Kinda wish there was a ToC option like the old Hasbro games, but both games are great nonetheless.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

« Reply #1962 on: October 21, 2012, 09:48:15 PM »
I'm hoping we see a vintage set or two in the DLC.
You think there's gonna be DLC?

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1963 on: October 21, 2012, 10:14:02 PM »
I'm hoping we see a vintage set or two in the DLC.
You think there's gonna be DLC?
Well, they've put it out for the iOS devices- I wouldn't put it past them. It's a whole lot easier than releasing a 2nd edition of the game.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 10:14:20 PM by Jeremy Nelson »

clemon79

« Reply #1964 on: October 21, 2012, 10:15:58 PM »
Well, they've put it out for the iOS devices- I wouldn't put it past them. It's a whole lot easier than releasing a 2nd edition of the game.
iOS devices <> XBLA. I'd be shocked if it happened considering they haven't even shipped demos yet.