Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 445901 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #1815 on: November 13, 2011, 01:10:37 PM »
Or, alternately, spend your money on games and developers that don't utterly suck.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

pyramid100

« Reply #1816 on: December 09, 2011, 01:33:20 PM »
TPIR Decades is now out as an app for 99c on the itunes store. Shame they don't post more screenshots. Maybe they are trying to hide something... :P

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1817 on: December 09, 2011, 02:09:23 PM »
Price is Right Decades is on the App Store now- 99 cents for the iPhone version and a dollar more for the iPad version. Ludia's standard issue avatars make their long awaited return.

By the way, I don't think Family Feud and Friends hasn't been mentioned here yet, but it's just like having the Family Feud Facebook app (with other players playing the other half of your Fast Money) as a dedicated app. It's free, and worth checking out.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

pacdude

« Reply #1818 on: December 09, 2011, 03:25:42 PM »
Price is Right Decades is on the App Store now- 99 cents for the iPhone version and a dollar more for the iPad version. Ludia's standard issue avatars make their long awaited return.

By the way, I don't think Family Feud and Friends hasn't been mentioned here yet, but it's just like having the Family Feud Facebook app (with other players playing the other half of your Fast Money) as a dedicated app. It's free, and worth checking out.

Same bullsh*t, different app. Decent enough, quick gameplay, perfect for an iPhone, but fonts are wrong, the Plinko Chip is blue, and there's limited avatar customization. It's worth about 99 cents.

tpirfan28

« Reply #1819 on: December 09, 2011, 03:53:22 PM »
Same bullsh*t, different app.
If we listed all the bugs and errors with TPIR Decades, I think we could bring down the Internet.

/XBOX:  60+20=85.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #1820 on: December 09, 2011, 04:25:40 PM »
One of my students works for Microsoft?  Most of them really try, while the rest are really trying.

clemon79

« Reply #1821 on: December 09, 2011, 05:11:11 PM »
One of my students works for Microsoft?  Most of them really try, while the rest are really trying.
While I know you were joking, I'll point out here that our hardware merely runs the code that is given to us. I assure you, the box itself knows how to add. :)

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #1822 on: December 09, 2011, 07:50:29 PM »
While I know you were joking, I'll point out here that our hardware merely runs the code that is given to us. I assure you, the box itself knows how to add. :)
Are you telling me I can't take a crack at Microsoft?  They'll never know I said a bad word about the...A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C02A0201...

clemon79

« Reply #1823 on: December 10, 2011, 03:57:23 AM »
Are you telling me I can't take a crack at Microsoft?  They'll never know I said a bad word about the...A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C02A0201...
That ought to keep you in line. Next time I brick the machine outright. ;)

GSNFAN3000

« Reply #1824 on: December 10, 2011, 11:07:32 AM »

Same bullsh*t, different app. Decent enough, quick gameplay, perfect for an iPhone, but fonts are wrong, the Plinko Chip is blue, and there's limited avatar customization. It's worth about 99 cents.

one plus: all the pricing games from the Wii/XBox versions are in this one (unlike TPiR 2010 (only 20) and the 1st Ludia TPiR)

pacdude

« Reply #1825 on: December 10, 2011, 03:09:42 PM »

one plus: all the pricing games from the Wii/XBox versions are in this one (unlike TPiR 2010 (only 20) and the 1st Ludia TPiR)

And every pricing game has some inherent, inexcusable flaw that makes the game against brand, infuriating to game show fans or otherwise un-fun.

clemon79

« Reply #1826 on: December 10, 2011, 03:21:26 PM »
And every pricing game has some inherent, inexcusable flaw that makes the game against brand, infuriating to game show fans or otherwise un-fun.
I dunno if I'd go that far. I would bet that the mass majority of casual customers don't even notice or care about most of them. As long as the game isn't outright crashing, they're gonna be content with the buck they spent

But their outreach pandering advertising to the hardcores, like they were doing at G-R, was as much of a farce as their end product is.

pacdude

« Reply #1827 on: December 10, 2011, 03:38:29 PM »
I dunno if I'd go that far. I would bet that the mass majority of casual customers don't even notice or care about most of them. As long as the game isn't outright crashing, they're gonna be content with the buck they spent

But their outreach pandering advertising to the hardcores, like they were doing at G-R, was as much of a farce as their end product is.

I had my girlfriend play with me—the epitome of the 'casual customer.' She even noticed things like, "Why does [Contestant's Row] always start at the far left?" and "Where's the noise [in Pathfinder when a wrong number is stepped on]?" One 16-year old with no budget can spit out a relatively accurate PYL game in a month, but these bozos take a full development cycle to create a load of garbage? I'm about to start a Kickstarter fund to license The Joker's Wild and do it goddamn correctly.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 03:38:54 PM by pacdude »

clemon79

« Reply #1828 on: December 10, 2011, 03:41:34 PM »
I had my girlfriend play with me—the epitome of the 'casual customer.' She even noticed things like, "Why does [Contestant's Row] always start at the far left?" and "Where's the noise [in Pathfinder when a wrong number is stepped on]?"
Fine, but (especially in the latter case), you know as well as I that by virtue of her knowing what that sound is, she's not nearly as casual as you're suggesting. The plural of "anecdote" is not "data" and all that.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1829 on: December 10, 2011, 06:35:30 PM »
One 16-year old with no budget can spit out a relatively accurate PYL game in a month, but these bozos take a full development cycle to create a load of garbage? I'm about to start a Kickstarter fund to license The Joker's Wild and do it goddamn correctly.
Whenever I find a game show adaptation that feels lacking, I always think back to what Curt Did with PYL and wonder how anyone can have an excuse for putting out a half baked product. Yes, these people do it for the money, but as has been mentioned here before, these games aren't that hard to make and stay true to. Really, you'd be hard pressed to find classic game shows with rules any more complicated than your average board game.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.