Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 446513 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #1740 on: October 11, 2011, 08:53:33 PM »
Available in the iTunes App Store is an official Only Connect game with 20 Connecting Walls, 10 to start and another 10 unlocked after the first set is done.  It is $1.99.
Thanks, I just got a tooth capped, I don't need any more pain in my life right now.

Of course they pick the hardest bit of the show to make an app. Connections or sequences? Naw, that's too plebeian.
Travis L. Eberle

Hastin

« Reply #1741 on: October 18, 2011, 12:54:46 PM »
In addition to Ludia's Family Feud 2012 for Xbox and Wii, and The Price is Right Decades for Wii (Xbox delayed until November 15th) dropping today, there's also a new Ludia Family Feud game for iOS devices called Family Feud and Friends. You play against Facebook friends and move up the ranks. Graphics based on the 2011 set. Free to download, uses an in-game coin system to play.
-Hastin :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1742 on: October 18, 2011, 02:35:47 PM »
Free to download, uses an in-game coin system to play.
"Ludia: We Want To Be Zynga, But We're Not That Good."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #1743 on: October 18, 2011, 02:47:56 PM »
Sorry, I spent much of the 2000s trying to shake off the whole Magic:TG paradigm. I have little interest in doing it again. Give me the content and I'll pay for it, but I'm not going to buy a small base game then pay more for expansion packets.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

« Reply #1744 on: October 18, 2011, 03:16:45 PM »
but I'm not going to buy a small base game Ludia product.
Fixed that for me. :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:16:57 PM by clemon79 »

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1745 on: October 18, 2011, 11:22:37 PM »
Well, as always, there's a guinea pig on Youtube who buys these things on the first day of release, and starts another historic 103 game run....Anyhoo, here are the vids- one for Feud, and one from Price. If you don't want to deal with the annoying voice or camera shot, then just scroll below- I already took that grenade for you.

Price is Right Decades
PROS:
-Looks like they got the sets down, all the way to including the Plinko prop on the turntable, and even the Plinko prize turntables and backdrops. Too bad it didn't get the accompanying harp/The Cats intro.
-Neat way to handle the Decades format- the game basically is you playing through episodes that are on unlabeled videotapes, and when you win a pricing game, the tape gets labeled. If previous games are any indication, I imagine that makes the featured pricing game available for free play.
-Is that Randy West I hear?

CONS:
To me, the game still feels sorta awkward just jumping from the "Come on Down" to the first IUFB..

Family Feud 2012
PROS:
You can customize your family and your respective alcove.

CONS:
Do the game board lights need to flash for the entire game?
The host of this game is...awkward. It's like Ludia was trying to model him after Buzz, but didn't quite get it. I would have settled for a normal guy.
Question ends if neither of the two face off players gives a correct answer. Not only that, THE ROUND ENDS. So no replacement question- you just move on to Round 2/3/4.
Both family members play the Fast Money round before any of the points are revealed.

From the initial look, I'd say pick up Price Decades, don't pick up Feud. Price looks like it has a few things going for it this time around, while Feud seems to be even more of a mixed bag than before.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:23:48 PM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Hastin

« Reply #1746 on: October 18, 2011, 11:46:46 PM »
I've been playing Feud 2012 on Xbox & Price Decades (Wii) with a few friends tonight:

Feud:
I agree with the above sentiments, but Feud 2012 is better on Xbox.

The avatars are overly animated (like the Microsoft games - I like the animation with the avatar crossing his fingers at the buzzer), and the HD graphics do shine. With both players sitting in the room, it makes sense to do both sets of answers at the same time. If you play co-op (you can do up to 4 players), this is much better than keeping one person outside the room, then having them come back. As always with a Ludia game, there's a little lack of polish on the mechanics. Also, the flow could use some tweaking. Installing to the hard drive removes some of the studder.

My score: GIVE

Price Decades:
Concept is fun with the tapes, 40 games for 40 years - I like that. Stages are good looking, don't like the fact that the 2010 stage represents the entire 2000s, but that's not important. I don't like that some of the sets don't match the right stage (new Check Out set, old 90s stage). As always, there's some dialog issues. Playing Professor Price and Hurdles was fun - but they are missing key sound effects (like the gunshot and music for Hurdles). Overall, the concept is good. Liked that many of the motion controls are used for various games (Super Ball!, Hole In One, etc.) Looking forward to seeing the better graphics, Online play, and Kinect support on Xbox next month. Multiplayer is much improved over previous versions, in that all players play.

My score: KEEP

(Ludia - Nail the graphics, fail the rest.)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:50:13 PM by Hastin »
-Hastin :)

clemon79

« Reply #1747 on: October 19, 2011, 12:23:08 AM »

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1748 on: October 19, 2011, 12:58:23 AM »
With both players sitting in the room, it makes sense to do both sets of answers at the same time.

That's what I figured after thinking about it some more- after all, that's what you do in a solo game anyway. Does anybody here actually send a player out of the room when doing Fast Money on any of these games?
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #1749 on: October 19, 2011, 03:02:42 AM »
Does anybody here actually send a player out of the room when doing Fast Money on any of these games?

Hells yes, back to the Nintendo and DOS. 99% of the time, the family member or friend playing alongside me left on their own accord, or asked who'd leave before I could suggest it.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

pacdude

« Reply #1750 on: October 19, 2011, 03:18:09 AM »
Things I'm Impressed Ludia Got Right In The Price is Right: Decades
• The introductory spiel for each decade is surprisingly accurate to the time period it's set.
• There's a Plinko sign hiding in the background during Plinko.
• For the most part, the music underneath each prize description is accurate to time period.
• The Showcase podiums use (an odd deviation of, but nevertheless, a version of) Eggcrate.
• Professor Price, Hurdles and Super Ball are in the game.
• Randy West is the announcer of the Price is Right.
• The 3D sets are very impressive, and relatively accurate.

Things That I'm Not Surprised Ludia Messed Up In The Price is Right: Decades
• I've played the game for two hours and have not heard the Price is Right Main Theme anywhere.
• I did not win Three Strikes, but my score says otherwise.
• Would it have used up that much space to have four different Come on Down cues?
• 0s everywhere. My Showcase Bid, my Contestant's Row bid… so many unnecessary 0s.
• I'm glad Ludia bought 3 more fonts to use in this game. It's not nearly enough.
• The Big Doors reflect on the floor. My Mii, however, does not.

It's the best they've done. I dare say that I could craft something more accurate to the show in my spare time.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 03:18:22 AM by pacdude »

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #1751 on: October 19, 2011, 04:25:29 AM »
It appears that judging by the assesments here, I'm willing to put TPIR: Decades for the Will on my wish list this year.  FF 2012, OTOH, gets a wait & see.  I'm not completely sold on this game.  It looks OK, but the hosting's a bit awkward & there's no MiiSpeak available.  I'll settle for TPIR: Decades for now.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1752 on: October 19, 2011, 08:58:05 AM »
It appears that judging by the assesments here, I'm willing to put TPIR: Decades for the Will on my wish list this year.  
I'll alert the media.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #1753 on: October 19, 2011, 09:10:02 AM »
Does anybody here actually send a player out of the room when doing Fast Money on any of these games?
Back in the day when I lived with the parents, we'd always send player #2 out of the room.  Where's the challenge otherwise?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #1754 on: October 19, 2011, 09:23:18 AM »
Back in the day when I lived with the parents, we'd always send player #2 out of the room.  Where's the challenge otherwise?
Yeah, same here - at our game nights, Player 2 waits in the hall.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com