Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 446391 times)

Hastin

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #1725 on: September 21, 2011, 04:20:29 PM »
Looks to be Kinect supporting with voice commands
This is actually a pretty brilliant idea, considering that all it needs to pick up on are four letters, "Final Answer," "Skip," and some form of "I walk."

If you look at the screenshots, there are no answer letters - they may have removed them so that it can pickup the full word phrase. We'll see how well this goes.

I would even be happy if it was select with your hand, then say "Final Answer".
-Hastin :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1726 on: September 21, 2011, 05:07:48 PM »
If you look at the screenshots, there are no answer letters - they may have removed them so that it can pickup the full word phrase. We'll see how well this goes.
That's very stupid Ludia.

I would even be happy if it was select with your hand, then say "Final Answer".
Yeah, that feels more like Kinect-for-Kinect's-sake.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 05:07:56 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

LA the DJ

« Reply #1727 on: September 22, 2011, 11:22:16 AM »
Ludia always seems to be about two years behind on their set designs, and sometimes rule changes. I'm sure Mr. Lemon can chime in on this one, and I probably already know the answer, but is this indicative of the length of the development cycle, or is this indicitave of Ludia's laziness?
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

TimK2003

« Reply #1728 on: September 22, 2011, 03:36:56 PM »
I'm sure Mr. Lemon can chime in on this one, and I probably already know the answer, but is this indicative of the length of the development cycle, or is this indicitave of Ludia's laziness?

Considering that Ludia is part of the Fremantle Media Family...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1729 on: September 22, 2011, 04:06:08 PM »
Considering that Ludia is part of the Fremantle Media Family...
...has nothing to do with anything.

I'm sure Mr. Lemon can chime in on this one, and I probably already know the answer, but is this indicative of the length of the development cycle, or is this indicitave of Ludia's laziness?
So a AAA title definitely can have a multi-year dev cycle (the average for a PC or console game is 18-24 months), but usually casual games go quite a bit faster (a few months or even weeks), unless you're a Bejeweled or a Peggle or a PvZ. (Although it could be argued that major PopCap releases qualify as AAA titles these days.) If I had to guess I would guess that Ludia is on a 6-8 month cycle.

/little bit of trivia: Original name of Plants vs. Zombies? Lawn Of The Dead. Genius.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:06:54 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1730 on: September 22, 2011, 11:28:50 PM »
Ludia always seems to be about two years behind on their set designs, and sometimes rule changes.
Two years? I don't think that it's that drastic (maybe Price), but I get what you mean.

Both games look good- glad they finally added avatar support. It would be great if Family Feud would have online play that allowed gamers to join teams in a lobby (like multiplayer FPS games), but considering that source material will eventually run out and breed cheaters, it may not be that feasible. That, and that I have come to expect underwhelming games from Ludia.

On a similar but different note, I ran a DOS simulator to play some old Sharedata/Softie games the other day, and three things stuck out at me:
1: The excuses for the computer not playing the bonus round still bring a smile to my face, and
2: The music from the Champions screen [dun dun dun da-da-da-da dun dun dun....] is now stuck in my head.
3. Ludia still pales in comparison as far as game quality.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1731 on: October 08, 2011, 12:46:24 PM »
Went to Gamestop and looked at their preorder game list- it says that Price, Feud, and Minute to Win It are all scheduled for an October 18th release.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #1732 on: October 08, 2011, 03:17:15 PM »
Went to Gamestop and looked at their preorder game list- it says that Price, Feud, and Minute to Win It are all scheduled for an October 18th release.
A new Minute to Win It?  The Wii version sucked quite badly.  The Kinect version has to be an improvement, just because nothing can be worse than the Wii version.

Does anybody know if there will be an iPad or iPhone version of TPiR Decades?  I'd prefer dropping $5 on that before shelling out $30 for the Wii version, only to find out Ludia has likely failed again.

More games out now or within a few days:
*  Wipeout 2 (Electric Boogaloo) will be released this Tuesday for most game systems including the 3DS, the first game/reality release for that system.
*  GSN has created their own version of Lingo for the iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad.  It is 99 cents in the App Store.  I don't plan on buying it since there is a great homebrew Lingo-like game called WordBreaker with customization options out the wazoo including word length (up to 12 letters), difficulty, and number of chances.  There is no bingo aspect to WordBreaker.  It's still a great time killer.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #1733 on: October 08, 2011, 03:20:40 PM »
There is no bingo aspect to WordBreaker.
Very glad to hear that. The bingo element of Lingo is the short end of the couch being propped up by a dictionary.
Travis L. Eberle

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #1734 on: October 08, 2011, 03:58:09 PM »
There is no bingo aspect to WordBreaker.
Very glad to hear that. The bingo element of Lingo is the short end of the couch being propped up by a dictionary.
Don't get me wrong.  I don't care for the bingo part of Lingo either.  I'm there for the word puzzles.  I was throwing out the warning because someone will kvetch about not being able to grab some balls in WordBreaker.  There's a fix for that--put your hand down your pants and go to town.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #1735 on: October 08, 2011, 04:43:38 PM »
I was throwing out the warning because someone will kvetch about not being able to grab some balls in WordBreaker.
The gals on Aurora usually charge double for that.
Travis L. Eberle

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #1736 on: October 08, 2011, 04:47:49 PM »
I was throwing out the warning because someone will kvetch about not being able to grab some balls in WordBreaker.
The gals on Aurora usually charge double for that.
Brings a whole new meaning to "O 69".

Hastin

« Reply #1737 on: October 08, 2011, 05:07:57 PM »
Does anybody know if there will be an iPad or iPhone version of TPiR Decades?  I'd prefer dropping $5 on that before shelling out $30 for the Wii version, only to find out Ludia has likely failed again.

Give it time and they should be. Generally before there was a 6 month exclusive for Ubisoft to distribute them, then they released 'em for iOS.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 05:08:06 PM by Hastin »
-Hastin :)

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #1738 on: October 11, 2011, 08:24:36 PM »
Available in the iTunes App Store is an official Only Connect game with 20 Connecting Walls, 10 to start and another 10 unlocked after the first set is done.  It is $1.99.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #1739 on: October 11, 2011, 08:49:40 PM »
Available in the iTunes App Store is an official Only Connect game with 20 Connecting Walls, 10 to start and another 10 unlocked after the first set is done.  It is $1.99.
Thanks, I just got a tooth capped, I don't need any more pain in my life right now.

Of course they pick the hardest bit of the show to make an app. Connections or sequences? Naw, that's too plebeian.
Travis L. Eberle