Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 446390 times)

Jeremy Nelson

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #1695 on: June 22, 2011, 05:31:30 PM »
The Cube has an iOS update out today that adds a new game, and 8 other new games available for purchase in a pair of four game packs at a buck each (weird wording?).
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

chad1m

« Reply #1696 on: June 24, 2011, 11:02:51 PM »
In browsing through the subfolders on Ludia's website, I've found proof that a Weakest Link game could be coming to Facebook soon.

GSNFAN3000

« Reply #1697 on: June 26, 2011, 02:19:33 PM »
iOS: under the radar...
But "Weakest Link" is now for iPod/iPod touch (with 10,000 Questions and 1,000 about the Royal Wedding)!
Click Here

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #1698 on: June 26, 2011, 03:03:27 PM »
The Cube has an iOS update out today that adds a new game, and 8 other new games available for purchase in a pair of four game packs at a buck each (weird wording?).
Nope, I got it, and I got them. Well worth it, since I was hoping for Succession and Exact. Some of the other ones, not at all.
Travis L. Eberle

Vgmastr

« Reply #1699 on: July 03, 2011, 09:10:27 PM »
I picked up Wipeout: In the Zone for the Kinect today and holy crap is it a workout, but a fun one.  There are nine different episodes, three of each difficulty.  Each episode consists of three rounds, a Qualifier, an Eliminator and the Wipeout Zone.  I've played the first two episodes each twice.  The first time on each failing miserably and the second time on each getting the $50K.  Like I said, it's a major workout, in order to move your character, you have to run in place, so on each course you're basically running and jumping through the entire thing.  After playing four times, I was just drenched.  A lot of the reviews I've read have basically called the game garbage because the controls are unresponsive.  However, I haven't had any issues.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #1700 on: July 03, 2011, 09:34:25 PM »
A lot of the reviews I've read have basically called the game garbage because the controls are unresponsive.  However, I haven't had any issues.
Your shirt may have a differing opinion :P
This signature is currently under construction.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #1701 on: July 07, 2011, 01:22:36 PM »
From the Not-Game-Show-But-Similar Department, I noticed a game at TRU yesterday called "Through the Clues."  The object is to guess is a word given five clue words (much like a Password Puzzle), but the twist is the clue words are put into a series of two-word phrases.  It's a neat idea, at the very least.
This signature is currently under construction.

Bob Zager

« Reply #1702 on: July 18, 2011, 02:56:59 PM »
A recent update to the imaginationgames.com website shows a new company logo (in a signature form), and also showing certain games still licensed to them.  In one of my previous posts, I'd mentioned that the rights to a good number of games from Imagination were acquired by Spin Master Games.

Imagination Games is still marketing the Cash Cab board game, and the DVD game versions of Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and In Order to Win.  However, it looks like they also acquired the rights to the DVD game version of The Price is Right, originally published by Endless Games.

pacdude

« Reply #1703 on: July 18, 2011, 03:19:24 PM »
I just got back from Five Below, and found a 4-pack of Buzz: The Game buzzers for $5. Tangentially related, but now my Wheel of Fortune home game has the buzzers it needs.

vtown7

« Reply #1704 on: July 18, 2011, 04:27:29 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Cory!  I'm heading down to the states and will definitely look that up.
Ryan.

Bob Zager

« Reply #1705 on: July 21, 2011, 10:44:29 AM »
Earlier this year, I posted about a "Minute to Win It--Ultimate Party Pack," which a publication had mentioned that it was available at Walmart, and an expanded edition would be available at Kmart this spring.

The ones Walmart had at that time I found in their clearance section for $9.00 each.

This week, I found the so called "expanded," version at Kmart, regularly $24.99, on sale this week for $17.99.  The only difference I found is that the ones at Kmart have an electronic timer, complete with two AAA batteries--compared to the sand timer in the ones at Walmart.

While on the same subject, here is a link to some sample screen shots of EA's Family Game Night 4, based on the HUB's game show:

http://www.ea.com/family-game-night-4

Finally, FWIW, I'd read in Susan Stafford's book that Milton Bradley Company, which published two home game editions of Wheel of Fortune in the 1970s, paid her $500 for her image on the box cover!

chad1m

« Reply #1706 on: July 31, 2011, 10:00:29 PM »
Continuing the trend of canceled game shows appearing as apps, Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? is now open for play on Facebook. It copies the second syndicated season format of eight questions and a bonus, but like Millionaire on Facebook, the money values (two each of $500, $1,000, $3,500 and $7,500) are randomly assigned to each question and the value is multiplied by how many people get it wrong. The top three finishers get a chance to risk their bank to initially double it (you can multiply it by up to ten if friends answer correctly) on a fifth grade question or to walk away with what they've got.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 10:08:03 PM by chad1m »

mxc0427

« Reply #1707 on: July 31, 2011, 11:43:37 PM »
Continuing the trend of canceled game shows appearing as apps, Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? is now open for play on Facebook. It copies the second syndicated season format of eight questions and a bonus, but like Millionaire on Facebook, the money values (two each of $500, $1,000, $3,500 and $7,500) are randomly assigned to each question and the value is multiplied by how many people get it wrong. The top three finishers get a chance to risk their bank to initially double it (you can multiply it by up to ten if friends answer correctly) on a fifth grade question or to walk away with what they've got.

It uses the same engine as the Millionaire game. Overall, it's okay, but still prefer Millionaire.

Game Show Man

• Admiral Anaheim, Big Joey Numbers, etc.
« Reply #1708 on: August 10, 2011, 11:16:02 PM »
Has anyone heard anything about the two new Endless card games, Family Feud Strikeout and the Password Lightning Round?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 11:16:15 PM by Game Show Man »
"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
captvangin@aol.com
"Remember, reality bites, so WATCH MORE GAME SHOWS!"

Bob Zager

« Reply #1709 on: August 11, 2011, 01:40:38 PM »
Has anyone heard anything about the two new Endless card games, Family Feud Strikeout and the Password Lightning Round?
Yes!  Endless Games' webpage has recently been updated, and it looks like the two new card games are starting to pop up at various websites.  I haven't seen them in any stores, yet, but they probably will turn up later this month, or next.

You may go to http://www.endlessgames.com/ and check out the new webpage, and you can download the instructions to the FF card game, describing how it plays.  The PLR game instructions don't download as of right now, but from the description, teams play three lightning rounds each, and whoever is ahead at the end of the game, wins!

There is information about the Password 50th anniversary edition, but it isn't available in stores/websites yet.  Also, it looks like their previously announced children's version, Picture Password, may NOT be coming out afterall (No listing on new webpage).

NEW INFORMATION AS OF 8/11/2011:  

Barnes and Noble in my area, has the two card games in stock, and priced at $7.95 each!

They also had EG's Dueling Dice in a small box about the same size as the Quick Pick games, only the box was cardboard (not metal).  This leads me to think that the FF and Password QP games will be re-released this year in cardboard boxes, similar in size to the original tin boxes.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 06:48:40 PM by Bob Zager »