Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 446381 times)

tpirfan28

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #1635 on: March 18, 2011, 08:56:21 AM »
Price is Right 2010 Edition (Wii) for $15 at Newegg.

/Free shipping too
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1636 on: March 18, 2011, 07:16:13 PM »
Minute To Win It is available in the App Store for $2. It comes with ten mini games, and according to the first couple reviews, the controls are lacking. Will post a quick review if I buy it.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

mxc0427

« Reply #1637 on: March 18, 2011, 10:17:17 PM »
Minute To Win It is available in the App Store for $2. It comes with ten mini games, and according to the first couple reviews, the controls are lacking. Will post a quick review if I buy it.

I bought the game and it is much better than the Wii version. People who complain about controls and say it took them forever to learn how to play the game obviously didn't read the on-screen instructions on how to perform a task. For "Egg Roll," the game says you swipe your finger in front of an egg to move it. I mean, com'on, how can you NOT know how to do that?

It only comes with 10 games, as of now. I've played Sticky Balls, Separation Anxiety, Egg Roll and Hangover. Those have been easy to learn, but you have to find the perfect balance in completing them. Overall, much better than the Wii version, but hopefully they'll add more games.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1638 on: March 19, 2011, 01:57:10 AM »
I've played Sticky Balls
Oh, if I had a nickel.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

mxc0427

« Reply #1639 on: March 19, 2011, 10:42:03 AM »
I've played Sticky Balls
Oh, if I had a nickel.

And that joke is officially out of the way!

(For a "family-friendly" show, I enjoy the clever innuendos that slip by in the game titles.)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:43:23 AM by mxc0427 »

Matt Miller

« Reply #1640 on: March 19, 2011, 10:12:50 PM »
Oh, if I had a nickel.
Then you'd have five cents :)
Matt

BillCullen1

« Reply #1641 on: March 20, 2011, 11:54:29 AM »
I found the YDKJ PC game at Gamestop - $19.99. I'll give it a whirl and report back.

Neumms

« Reply #1642 on: March 20, 2011, 02:51:13 PM »
Much like we're seeing from Norm Blumenthal in the Concentration thread, Pyramid was very much a product of one zealously protective producer's vision.  Stripped of that, you sometimes get lucky with a remake, but there's usually something about it that just feels wrong, not just to us fans, but to the general public.  I have no doubt that a Pyramid remake could be successful, but the odds would seem to be against it.

Interesting point. One thing, though: Classic Concentration was a very good remake. Maybe they just got lucky with another thoughtful puzzle maker (was he a producer?) in Steve Ryan. Maybe it's that Pyramid is only simple in structure--making the material work is diabolically hard.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #1643 on: March 21, 2011, 05:57:54 PM »
[Interesting point. One thing, though: Classic Concentration was a very good remake. Maybe they just got lucky with another thoughtful puzzle maker (was he a producer?) in Steve Ryan.

Steve became an associate producer during the run.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1644 on: March 21, 2011, 11:01:10 PM »
Interesting point. One thing, though: Classic Concentration was a very good remake. Maybe they just got lucky with another thoughtful puzzle maker (was he a producer?) in Steve Ryan. Maybe it's that Pyramid is only simple in structure--making the material work is diabolically hard.
And you make a good point right back.  The content of most games is so important, and so few modern game makers realize that.  Although I know Mr. Blumenthal disagrees, Steve Ryan made some very clever rebus puzzles, which helped make Classic work.  I finally picked up the cheapie (but official) computer version of Concentration a little while ago, and the pathetic puzzles, even in 'hard' mode, just make the whole thing a big waste of time.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chad1m

« Reply #1645 on: March 21, 2011, 11:48:47 PM »
I finally picked up the cheapie (but official) computer version of Concentration a little while ago, and the pathetic puzzles, even in 'hard' mode, just make the whole thing a big waste of time.
But since it's marketed as a casual game, the "pathetic" puzzles might be helping those of a new generation get interested in that brand. That game got my younger sister, probably 9 or 10 at the time, hooked on the TV format of Concentration.

Bob Zager

« Reply #1646 on: March 29, 2011, 12:22:17 PM »
While I was in ToysRUs over the weekend, I noticed a spot reserved for the MDMD Card Game from Cardinal.  They didn't have the game itself, but the label showed a price of $14.99!  A little higher than I'd expected, but probably because, from the picture shown in earlier post, it includes an electronic timer.

chad1m

« Reply #1647 on: April 14, 2011, 12:36:47 PM »
If you have an iPad or iPhone/iPod touch, the You Don't Know Jack iOS game needs to be downloaded right now. Only $3 for the full version (20 full games different from the console versions) and if you're not completely sold, a free version exists with two more episodes. It's got all of the features and question types from the 2011 relaunch, minus multiplayer and the Wrong Answer of the Game.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1648 on: April 14, 2011, 12:54:01 PM »
If you have an iPad or iPhone/iPod touch, the You Don't Know Jack iOS game needs to be downloaded right now. Only $3 for the full version (20 full games different from the console versions)
Are you absolutely certain all of the content is different from the new console versions? Are you including the two Xbox Jack Pack DLCs in that?

(What I mean to say is, does this information come from Jellyvision, or your own experience? And if the former, can you give us a citation?)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chad1m

« Reply #1649 on: April 14, 2011, 01:12:16 PM »
Are you absolutely certain all of the content is different from the new console versions?
The information comes from Jellyvision and seeing the first game alone make reference to Charlie Sheen's goddesses, the passing of Elizabeth Taylor and Rebecca Black's "Friday," it was very obviously written recently.