Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 446403 times)

Jeremy Nelson

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #1590 on: March 04, 2011, 09:02:49 PM »
Just in case you were on the edge about buying it, You Don't Know Jack for the 360 and the PS3 are on sale for $20 each.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1591 on: March 05, 2011, 02:43:18 AM »
Just in case you were on the edge about buying it, You Don't Know Jack for the 360 and the PS3 are on sale for $20 each.
Were you planning on telling us where? :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #1592 on: March 05, 2011, 07:22:22 AM »
Found a copy of Endless Games' Card Sharks at a thrift store for $4 yesterday. Very pretty game!
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

LA the DJ

« Reply #1593 on: March 05, 2011, 05:37:58 PM »

I'm sure he's referring to GameStop. Shame, I bought this two days before it went on sale. Fun game, though. You Don't Know Jack
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1594 on: March 07, 2011, 04:05:27 PM »
Found a copy of Endless Games' Card Sharks at a thrift store for $4 yesterday. Very pretty game!
Just dug out my copy a few years back. I was impressed at the time that Endless did a new game, rather than a redo like the first PiR or both Pyramids.

Still, as do a few other select game show home games here in the US, it pales in comparison to the quality put forth in its British counterpart (which has a stand-up board and freeze bars, IIRC.)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 04:05:43 PM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1595 on: March 07, 2011, 04:18:11 PM »
...it pales in comparison to the quality put forth...
A statement true of just about any Endless Games adaptation, with the possible exception of Travis' TPIR.

[size="2"]/And of course the brilliantly-written rulebook for What's My Line?[/size]
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 04:18:39 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Brig Bother

« Reply #1596 on: March 07, 2011, 04:25:53 PM »
Here's a link to a pic of the MDMD game described earlier:

http://twitpic.com/3zfqs1

If you look closely, you'll see it says "Card Game," which is exactly how Cardinal Industries was designing and marketing their previous game show games.

Really wished they included some kind of trap door prop, like in the UK version. Still, I may buy it.

I wouldn't get too excited by the prop if this is anything to go by:

Bob Zager

« Reply #1597 on: March 07, 2011, 08:09:24 PM »
...it pales in comparison to the quality put forth...
A statement true of just about any Endless Games adaptation, with the possible exception of Travis' TPIR.

[size="2"]/And of course the brilliantly-written rulebook for What's My Line?[/size]

Brilliantly written by you, Matt!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #1598 on: March 07, 2011, 08:24:09 PM »
with the possible exception of Travis' TPIR.
Having just recently played said game with non-GS nerds, I have to say that there's something lacking in the actual game play experience.  When it takes more time to set up Plinko than to play Plinko, there may be something wrong.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 08:25:59 PM by Joe Mello »
This signature is currently under construction.

Bob Zager

« Reply #1599 on: March 07, 2011, 08:26:37 PM »
Here's a link to a pic of the MDMD game described earlier:

http://twitpic.com/3zfqs1

If you look closely, you'll see it says "Card Game," which is exactly how Cardinal Industries was designing and marketing their previous game show games.

Really wished they included some kind of trap door prop, like in the UK version. Still, I may buy it.

I wouldn't get too excited by the prop...

Of course, as I'd mentioned before, I only read that Spin Master is also releasing a game, besides Cardinal's "Card Game," so I don't know what the Spin Master game is going to look like.

However, a lot of U.S. versions of home games--like WWTBAM, DOND, etc.--have been designed very similar to their foreign versions.  Thus, it wouldn't surprise me if it is designed significantly, if not 100% identical, to the one shown in the youtube clip.  I say that because Spin Master is also releasing a "Logo" game, which Drummond Park, maker of MPD game, makes in the UK.

BTW, the same publication I found out about the Spin Master game, mentioned about Sportcraft marketing a "Minute to Win It Ultimate Party Pack," a blue colored tote, containing stunts and props to play at home.  The article said it is available now at Walmart, but I haven't seen it.  Has anyone seen it?...Anyone? Anyone?

Crazy Packers Fan

« Reply #1600 on: March 07, 2011, 11:17:28 PM »
I was able to buy a slightly-used version of Classroom Jeopardy! off eBay for just over $160, including shipping. It may not be the newer, fancier version retailing at $500, but still good nonetheless.

Bob Zager

« Reply #1601 on: March 08, 2011, 11:57:56 AM »
I was able to buy a slightly-used version of Classroom Jeopardy! off eBay for just over $160, including shipping. It may not be the newer, fancier version retailing at $500, but still good nonetheless.
There is a brand new version of Classroom Jeopardy! which I believe came out not too long ago.  Clicking this link will show you the "New for 2011," model and the previous model, along with current prices:

http://www.educationalinsights.com/category/teachers/brand/classroom+jeopardy%21--174-.do?nType=1

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #1602 on: March 08, 2011, 02:28:32 PM »
There is a brand new version of Classroom Jeopardy! which I believe came out not too long ago.  Clicking this link will show you the "New for 2011," model and the previous model, along with current prices:

http://www.educationalinsights.com/category/teachers/brand/classroom+jeopardy%21--174-.do?nType=1

The biggest change per the website is the potential to use video and audio clues. The scoreboards have been updated as well. Unfortunately (and I know I've been yakking about this for years) Daily Doubles are still picked at random by the program. There's a special command teachers can use to force a Daily Double ("to help a player or team that's behind") but it still keeps this otherwise impressive unit from being a must-buy for would-be home game players. I imagine my supergamer friends would tolerate a clumsy workaround, but it still bums me out they insist on keeping it this way.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1603 on: March 08, 2011, 03:29:46 PM »
Unfortunately (and I know I've been yakking about this for years) Daily Doubles are still picked at random by the program.
FWIW, I think said yakking is completely justified, and the first thing I thought of when I saw Bob's post above yours is "I wonder if they fixed that tedious DD thing yet." So I don't think it's nitpicky in the least. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #1604 on: March 08, 2011, 05:21:08 PM »
Just dug out my copy a few years back. I was impressed at the time that Endless did a new game, rather than a redo like the first PiR or both Pyramids.
Well, they didn't have a choice.  Card Sharks hadn't had a previous board game release.  If they could have cut the corners, I'm sure they would have. :)
--Mark
Phil 4:13