Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 445912 times)

BillCullen1

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #1575 on: February 20, 2011, 11:05:20 AM »
I've looked in several stores in NYC for the PC version of YDKJ and I haven't found it yet. I've looked in GameStop, Best Buy and Target.

mxc0427

« Reply #1576 on: February 20, 2011, 12:00:27 PM »
I've looked in several stores in NYC for the PC version of YDKJ and I haven't found it yet. I've looked in GameStop, Best Buy and Target.

If you have any one of the three game platforms (PS3, XBox or Wii), I highly suggest getting it for one of those. PS3 and XBox have online play, and while Wii does not, it can still support up to 4 players. Though PC is the classic experience for YDKJ, I believe it only has a 2-player limit.

Brig Bother

« Reply #1577 on: February 20, 2011, 12:11:51 PM »

If you have any one of the three game platforms (PS3, XBox or Wii), I highly suggest getting it for one of those. PS3 and XBox have online play, and while Wii does not, it can still support up to 4 players. Though PC is the classic experience for YDKJ, I believe it only has a 2-player limit.

There are also 4x10 episode downloadable question packs meant to be coming which are XBox and PS3 only, I believe.

Anyway, it is nice that after suggesting this would be a brilliant thing to do on XBox and PS3 sometime ago on here they've actually done it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 12:12:56 PM by Brig Bother »

Sodboy13

« Reply #1578 on: February 20, 2011, 10:06:46 PM »
Picked up the Wii version of YDKJ, and played it with friends last night.  Loads of fun, and the fact that everyone's got a shot at every question, including Dis or Dat, really ramps up the party play factor.  It's great to see that the folks at Jellyvision haven't lost a step, and I hope sales are strong enough to encourage future versions.

Also, Jack Attack makes for an excellent field sobriety test.

There are also 4x10 episode downloadable question packs meant to be coming which are XBox and PS3 only, I believe.
*sigh* We Wii owners can't ever have nice things, can we?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 10:08:34 PM by Sodboy13 »
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

pacdude

« Reply #1579 on: February 20, 2011, 11:04:21 PM »

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1580 on: February 21, 2011, 01:31:48 AM »
*sigh* We Wii owners can't ever have nice things, can we?
Tell that to the PSP owners. They're just now getting the first Pac Man Championship Edition.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

BillCullen1

« Reply #1581 on: February 21, 2011, 10:03:36 PM »
One store I haven't checked yet for YDKJ - J&R Music World in downtown NYC. That's where I got the Millionaire and HS PC games.

weaklink75

« Reply #1582 on: February 21, 2011, 10:51:11 PM »
(For local multiplayer, does everyone play on the Dis or Dat?)

It's an cool mechanic. One player is the designated Dis Or Dat'r. Everyone guesses, but if the player in the hot seat gets the question right, it defers to the player who buzzed in first. I assume if that player got it wrong, then it keeps going, like Merv Griffin's Crosswords.

At least on the PC, if the other player puts in the right answer before the selected DisorDat player puts in the wrong answer, they get the money for the question..

Brig Bother

« Reply #1583 on: February 22, 2011, 04:34:26 AM »
(For local multiplayer, does everyone play on the Dis or Dat?)

It's an cool mechanic. One player is the designated Dis Or Dat'r. Everyone guesses, but if the player in the hot seat gets the question right, it defers to the player who buzzed in first. I assume if that player got it wrong, then it keeps going, like Merv Griffin's Crosswords.

At least on the PC, if the other player puts in the right answer before the selected DisorDat player puts in the wrong answer, they get the money for the question..

It's the same for the other formats as well.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 04:34:41 AM by Brig Bother »

Bob Zager

« Reply #1584 on: February 22, 2011, 11:10:58 AM »
Here's a link to a pic of the MDMD game described earlier:

http://twitpic.com/3zfqs1

If you look closely, you'll see it says "Card Game," which is exactly how Cardinal Industries was designing and marketing their previous game show games.

mxc0427

« Reply #1585 on: February 22, 2011, 12:28:21 PM »

If you look closely, you'll see it says "Card Game," which is exactly how Cardinal Industries was designing and marketing their previous game show games.

Really wished they included some kind of trap door prop, like in the UK version. Still, I may buy it.

vtown7

« Reply #1586 on: February 24, 2011, 09:47:45 AM »
I'm not sure if this is really the right thread, but nevertheless, NY Lotto currently is selling $5 Minute to Win It scratchers - sadly, Supercoin doesn't adapt very well to this format - where the second chance drawing's grand prize is a trip to see the show in person.

And while I'm thinking of it, whatever became of that Deal or No Deal promotion that several states had where you actually got to play the game?  Was that televised on the syndie version?

Ryan.

Bob Zager

« Reply #1587 on: February 24, 2011, 06:05:37 PM »

Really wished they included some kind of trap door prop, like in the UK version. Still, I may buy it.

I could picture an electronic game version with trap doors, and electronic LCD display for questions and multiple-choice answers.

In the last few years, Cardinal has released "Card Game" versions, while other companies released larger box game versions.  Don't know if that's the case this time around.

BrandonFG

« Reply #1588 on: February 24, 2011, 06:09:16 PM »
And while I'm thinking of it, whatever became of that Deal or No Deal promotion that several states had where you actually got to play the game?  Was that televised on the syndie version?
From what I remember, no. But then again, weren't those eps. more or less all taped during the summer?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Bob Zager

« Reply #1589 on: March 02, 2011, 07:45:42 PM »

It now looks like such a game WILL happen!  

Though I have not seen any pictures, I'd read a story (after this original posting), that a company called Spin Master (perhaps best known for Air Hogs and Bakugan toys and games) is going to release a game based on MDMD, in addition to Cardinal's "card game."

Spin Master acquired the rights to a great number, if not all, of the board games that were previously released by Imagination Games.  Whether that includes the DVD games, or board games based on Lingo and Cash Cab, I don't know.