Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A BIG question  (Read 1908 times)

game show guy

A BIG question
« on: April 17, 2007, 11:53:09 AM »
Does anyone know the last time that Match Game PM (1975-1981) ran though all the way on GSN?

BrandonFG

A BIG question
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 12:59:50 PM »
[quote name=\'game show guy\' post=\'150357\' date=\'Apr 17 2007, 11:53 AM\']
Does anyone know the last time that Match Game PM (1975-1981) ran though all the way on GSN?
[/quote]
Mid-to-late 2003, maybe? It ran weeknights at 9 or 9:30, and had been in that slot for several years IIRC. I do remember it being right before the re-branding.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

irismason42

A BIG question
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 02:26:35 PM »
Not quite, according to matchgame.org, GSN never ran Match Game PM all the way through, again you don't have to capture all of the whole game show series that GSN reran in the past, and GSN doesn't have to show all the episodes from the whole incarnation/series, since several MGPM episodes were skipped over since it was first reran on 4/20/98.

tpirfan28

A BIG question
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 02:34:59 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' post=\'150378\' date=\'Apr 17 2007, 02:26 PM\']
Not quite. According to matchgame.org, GSN never ran Match Game PM all the way through. Again, you don't have to capture all of the whole game show series that GSN reran in the past. GSN doesn't have to show all the episodes from the whole incarnation/series, since several MGPM episodes were skipped over since it was first reran on 4/20/98.
[/quote]
QFP. (Quoted for Punctuation)

If you're going to get specific, they probably won't show every episode, because of celebrity clearances.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

tvmitch

A BIG question
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 03:36:19 PM »
I think that the whole series has aired, minus the eps that didn't clear because of clearances or for whatever other reasons. I remember - when I had more time on my hands - tracking that we saw MGPM episode 1 in the 9 or 9:30pm timeslot, then a year or so later, seeing the last ep of MGPM, then seeing episode 1 all over again the next day.

If that makes any sense. (!)
You should follow me on Twitter

Ian Wallis

A BIG question
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 04:24:39 PM »
If that makes any sense. (!)

Makes perfect sense.  They actually ran through the series several times over the years - minus the episodes which they haven't been able to clear.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!