Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jack Narz on Shokus Internet Radio this Wednesday  (Read 6003 times)

Matt Ottinger

Jack Narz on Shokus Internet Radio this Wednesday
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2007, 10:08:33 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'149504\' date=\'Apr 5 2007, 07:21 AM\']
Let's start at the top and work down.

1. Full head of hair. Wonderful, lustrious, smooth as silk hair.[/quote]
2. Meaner.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2007, 10:10:09 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'149503\' date=\'Apr 5 2007, 02:44 AM\'][quote name=\'JRaygor\' post=\'149498\' date=\'Apr 4 2007, 09:38 PM\']I went to Shokus via Firefox and it worked fine for me, but I'm still using Windows XP.[/quote]'Kay. I suspect it may be Vista-related. I may try clearing cache in the morning and see if that helps at all.[/quote]
Same with me.  Firefox and XP, never had a problem.

You early adapters let the rest of us know when Vista's really ready, OK?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

dzinkin

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2007, 10:17:52 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'149509\' date=\'Apr 5 2007, 10:10 AM\']
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'149503\' date=\'Apr 5 2007, 02:44 AM\'][quote name=\'JRaygor\' post=\'149498\' date=\'Apr 4 2007, 09:38 PM\']I went to Shokus via Firefox and it worked fine for me, but I'm still using Windows XP.[/quote]'Kay. I suspect it may be Vista-related. I may try clearing cache in the morning and see if that helps at all.[/quote]
[/quote]
For what it's worth, no problems with Firefox on Mac OS X either.

tvwxman

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2007, 10:46:39 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'149508\' date=\'Apr 5 2007, 10:08 AM\']
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'149504\' date=\'Apr 5 2007, 07:21 AM\']
Let's start at the top and work down.

1. Full head of hair. Wonderful, lustrious, smooth as silk hair.[/quote]
2. Meaner.
[/quote]
Yes, but FWIW, without hair, you're still a successful talented guy who has a great on air gig.  Without my hair, i've pretty much got nothing.

Signed, Connect-i-Samson.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Clay Zambo

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2007, 11:10:45 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'149511\' date=\'Apr 5 2007, 10:46 AM\']
Signed, Connect-i-Samsonsuckup.
[/quote]

There, fixed that for you.  ;)
czambo@mac.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2007, 11:20:55 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'149509\' date=\'Apr 5 2007, 07:10 AM\']

You early adapters let the rest of us know when Vista's really ready, OK?
[/quote]
I'll be straight-up: not yet. But it's not 100% Microsoft's fault, either...in fact, the majority of the problems I've had so far seem to come from ATI not being able to write a decent video driver despite almost a year of lead time. And I hear people on the NVidia side are having the same problem. The newest ATI driver seems to be a lot _better_, but it's not completely home yet. And for a lot of very obvious reasons Apple doesn't seem to be in too much of a hurry to get the iPod to 100% yet. (There's a little something for you folks who think Apple can do no wrong.)

(But I'm not gonna give you a rectum full of smoke and tell you that MS is completely blameless, either...there is a bug with DreamScene and Remote Desktop right now that I'm finding particularly maddening.)

So, yeah, it's fun to point the finger and bash Microsoft, because that's what the cool kids do and it helps the John Dvorak's sell magazines, but it's fairer to look at the big picture.

(And I knew it was a snake when I picked it up, of course. But it's still fun to watch it grow.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dzinkin

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2007, 06:02:38 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'149513\' date=\'Apr 5 2007, 11:20 AM\']
I'll be straight-up: not yet. But it's not 100% Microsoft's fault, either...in fact, the majority of the problems I've had so far seem to come from ATI not being able to write a decent video driver despite almost a year of lead time. And I hear people on the NVidia side are having the same problem. The newest ATI driver seems to be a lot _better_, but it's not completely home yet. And for a lot of very obvious reasons Apple doesn't seem to be in too much of a hurry to get the iPod to 100% yet. (There's a little something for you folks who think Apple can do no wrong.)[/quote]
I see much the same thing on the Apple side, actually -- some developers just aren't ready at the release of a new OS despite plenty of lead time, and some would have been ready were it not for Apple changing something at the very last second.  That's definitely not a Microsoft-exclusive thing but Microsoft is obviously a bigger target.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2007, 11:21:38 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'149495\' date=\'Apr 4 2007, 11:07 PM\']
Can anyone here get to the front page of shokus.com via Firefox and NOT have their browser crash on them? It crashes on me as soon as I try to scroll the page, but it works in IE, so I'm wondering if it's the page code that's funky or if it has something to do with Windows Vista.
[/quote]
I've had problems with it before, and I run XP.  That graphic on the front page (representative of their DVD covers) gives me fits.

IE is no problem (and thanks to you for convincing me to give Firefox a try. Much better).
--Mark
Phil 4:13

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2007, 11:52:49 PM »
Jack Narz may only be the tip of the iceberg. There may be a lot of other old-timers in the game show biz who have no idea a community of adoring fans exists on this newfangled thing called the Internet. They would be genuinely touched if they knew how devoted these fans are.

For me Jack Narz dates back to Dotto and Video Village.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2007, 05:50:09 AM »
Well, we ranked him 20th, ahead of names such as Combs, Summers, and Fleming, but behind Dawson.

Hopefully no one who reads that list in the future thinks that poll was an all-inclusive sampling of our members.  Hell, I don't even think I voted for Dawson...but I couldn't find my list of hosts (only found my top 50 shows).
--Mark
Phil 4:13

davemackey

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2007, 08:04:50 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'149478\' date=\'Apr 4 2007, 08:25 PM\']
I've always known that there is a generation among our membership that only knows Trebek's version, but it surprises me that there's a window where people think of Narz first.
[/quote]
I was there for all the Concentrations. The 60's version was OK, but what Goodson-Todman did to dress up the show in the 70's was WOW! with the neato mirrored set and new car center stage (and that Kalehoff music).

But there was enough tradition (the old logo, the mechanical puzzle and prize boards) to keep at least some continuity to what Bob Clayton had done just months prior.

I'll try to catch a repeat broadcast of Narz. He truly is one of the forgotten greats.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2007, 12:56:57 AM »
what Goodson-Todman did to dress up the show in the 70's was WOW! with the neato mirrored set and new car center stage (and that Kalehoff music)
And surprisingly, that version and the updating were done on the slimmest budget. Well, cheap by G-T standards. I don't know if it was cheap by NBC New York standards.

I caught the Sunday morning repeat and Jack was magnificent, clearly touched by the affection he was receiving from his fans. Stuart still needs to switch to decaf and learn how to juggle the interviews and the calls ("We've got only 15 minutes left to cover 20 years ... wait! Here's a call!).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 12:59:27 AM by chris319 »