Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Price tryouts. March 12.  (Read 5563 times)

cmjb13

New Price tryouts. March 12.
« on: February 23, 2007, 07:07:36 AM »
According to tvtix, Mario Lopez, Mike Richards (not Seinfeld), and George Hamilton will receive tryouts on March 12.

I'm not surprised about Hamilton. Semi-surprised about Lopez
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 07:11:04 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 12:36:02 PM »
The claim that a contestant could win $5,000 or more at this set of tryouts may be inaccurate. If I get more concrete information, I'll elaborate, but be aware that it might not be possible to win $5,000.

--
Scott Robinson

tvrandywest

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 01:12:11 PM »
Glad I can finally comment. George Hamilton was GREAT hosting TPiR-Live in Vegas. Classy, fun, loved by the audiences, and a joy to work with.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

JayDLewis

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 02:16:43 PM »
I have always liked GH and he was one of the very few good things about MG98.

However, isn't he a little OLD to be taking over for Barker? (the man's gonna be 68 this year)
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 02:53:10 PM »
[quote name=\'JayDLewis\' post=\'146733\' date=\'Feb 23 2007, 02:16 PM\']However, isn't he a little OLD to be taking over for Barker? (the man's gonna be 68 this year)[/quote]
Well, not compared to Barker...
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Don Howard

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 02:57:00 PM »
An interesting note in all this (to me) is that Rich Fields has yet to be granted an audition.
If nothing else but as a courtesy seeing how I understand he's Bob Barker's choice to succeed him.
Not that he'd set the world on fire necessarily, but I figured he'd have gotten a shot by now.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 03:25:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'146736\' date=\'Feb 23 2007, 11:57 AM\']
An interesting note in all this (to me) is that Rich Fields has yet to be granted an audition.
If nothing else but as a courtesy seeing how I understand he's Bob Barker's choice to succeed him.
Not that he'd set the world on fire necessarily, but I figured he'd have gotten a shot by now.
[/quote]
That he hasn't gives me a great deal of hope.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tvwxman

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 05:27:36 PM »
I dunno about Hamilton. The fact that Randy thought highly of him speaks volumes....but I see him the same way i see O'Hurley....playing 'the role' of a game show host, instead of just hosting the show.....

Mario Lopez? That's just demos talking. And they're talking out of their ass again.

And jeez, but if they're desperate enough to go down the route of Mike Richards, we may as well hire an unknown to do it, like a morning weatherman in, oh, I dunno, say , Connecticut?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

JVatPSU

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 11:21:13 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'146746\' date=\'Feb 23 2007, 05:27 PM\']
And jeez, but if they're desperate enough to go down the route of Mike Richards, we may as well hire an unknown to do it, like a morning weatherman in, oh, I dunno, say , Connecticut?
[/quote]

Scot Haney?  <ducking>

-- JV

Neumms

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007, 02:07:41 PM »
I dunno about Hamilton. The fact that Randy thought highly of him speaks volumes....but I see him the same way i see O'Hurley....playing 'the role' of a game show host, instead of just hosting the show.....

Mario Lopez? That's just demos talking. And they're talking out of their ass again.
[/quote]

O'Hurley playing the role is a good point. I like him a lot, but there's a way about him that puts him above the proceedings, whether it be "Feud" or the dog show. It strikes me that that's how the tanned one would do it, too. He could be great on a game show, but TPIR might not be the one.

That may be the one thing Mario has going for him (besides looks and demos). I never saw him on that talk show with Bonaduce and Dick Clark, but I can't imagine there's much irony to him.

tvwxman

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 03:23:41 PM »
[quote name=\'JVatPSU\' post=\'146799\' date=\'Feb 24 2007, 11:21 AM\']
[/quote]

Scot Haney?  <ducking>

-- JV
[/quote]
I dunno who you are, but I've shot men for less.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

calliaume

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 10:50:01 PM »
How many of us were horrified at the thought of Donny Osmond hosting Pyramid?  But by the end of the first season, general consensus was he was the best thing about the show.

Wait and see.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 11:00:03 PM »
But by the end of the first season, general consensus was he was the best thing about the show.

I think it's more the WC and core game were turned so upside down that more people complained about that than the very generic host, who was neither here nor there. I know we pull out these comparisons more often than not now, but I personally was not among those who was leery of Howie Mandel or Bob Saget, because I knew both to be professional and funny and engaging. Mario Lopez, not so much.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

dzinkin

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2007, 11:26:06 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'146808\' date=\'Feb 24 2007, 03:23 PM\']
[quote name=\'JVatPSU\' post=\'146799\' date=\'Feb 24 2007, 11:21 AM\']
[/quote]
Scot Haney?  <ducking>

-- JV
[/quote]
I dunno who you are, but I've shot men for less.
[/quote]
You don't recognize John Venturini, the internationally* renowned creator of the long-running Shut Up and Fish?  And you call yourself a game show fan.  Pathetic.

*At least one guy from Canada knows him.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 11:26:37 PM by dzinkin »

JVatPSU

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 06:31:04 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'146825\' date=\'Feb 24 2007, 11:26 PM\']
You don't recognize John Venturini, the internationally* renowned creator of the long-running Shut Up and Fish?  And you call yourself a game show fan.  Pathetic.

*At least one guy from Canada knows him.
[/quote]

We're starting the big-money Tournament of Trout next month, very excited about that.  And yes, a female Filipino lounge singer from the city of Bontoc can vouch for me as well.  

-- JV
(If it's any consolation, Matt, several Vegas books have you more favored for the Price job... than say, Bob Maxon.  :-) )