Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Street Smarts  (Read 2365 times)

brianhenke

Street Smarts
« on: September 13, 2003, 01:06:53 AM »
Halloween has come to Street Smarts, and the monster sitcom rivalry that started in the mid-1960s will continue for the new millennium.

The little show that could will have a \"Scary Smarts\" special edition in time for the 31st day of October, featuring Lisa Loring (Wednesday on the Addams Family) and Butch Patrick (Eddie Munster on the Munsters) playing one another for charity.

Host Frank Nicotero will be the Wolfman for this special episode.

This was on wireimage.com.

Brian

Wary blue waters?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

Matt Ottinger

Street Smarts
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2003, 10:05:31 AM »
The little show that could will have a \"Scary Smarts\" special edition in time for the 31st day of October, featuring Lisa Loring (Wednesday on the Addams Family) and Butch Patrick (Eddie Munster on the Munsters) playing one another for charity.
For charity?  I mean, at this level of \"celebrity\" is it really necessary to create the illusion that these two couldn't use the money?  It's one thing to watch zillionaires like Rosie O'Donnell or Drew Carey playing Millionaire, but c'mon.  Patrick probably had to give up an autograph session at a nostalgia convention to do the taping.

I realize they're both getting a fee for participating.  I just find it odd that two people who probably haven't had \"real\" work in their chosen profession for ages have to give the appearance that they don't need the gig.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

ChuckNet

Street Smarts
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2003, 05:05:17 PM »
I realize they're both getting a fee for participating. I just find it odd that two people who probably haven't had \"real\" work in their chosen profession for ages have to give the appearance that they don't need the gig.

You could say the same about most of the celebs who've done special eps of SS...the biggest ones I can think of are pro wrestlers \"Diamond\" Dallas Page and Joanie \"Chyna\" Laurer, as well as our good friends Kennedy, Todd Newton, and Mark L. Walberg.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")