Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Brace yourself -- it's Dave  (Read 18296 times)

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Brace yourself -- it's Dave
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2006, 01:56:03 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'141131\' date=\'Dec 20 2006, 09:10 PM\']I doubt if it'll be that big of a deal. Even if CBS doesn't make an announcement, they'll probably gonna go to a revolving guest host format. They did it when Craig Kilborn left "The Late Late Show"*, they did it for Rod's replacement, and honestly, it wouldn't hurt here. Let the viewers see who could be taking over the show, and have them offer input. Bob made the announcement in what, October? Don't be in such a rush to fill his shoes, and wind up regretting the mistake.[/quote]

If they preface the rotating hosts by saying they want viewer input, that's good, but I believe if Price is to stay afloat, it would behoove the powers that be to be a full supporter of somebody.  Otherwise, it'll look like CBS is serving up a side of waffling.

I'm not sure how well viewer input is going to work, anyway.  Half the audience will probably be expecting Dick Clark, and the other half will probably be expecting Ryan Seacrest.

To your argument's credit, though, Craig Ferguson is hella funny, so it might work out in the end.
This signature is currently under construction.

Don Howard

« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2006, 10:35:54 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'141121\' date=\'Dec 20 2006, 07:13 PM\']
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' post=\'141119\' date=\'Dec 20 2006, 03:48 PM\']
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'141109\' date=\'Dec 20 2006, 04:41 PM\']
Simulpost! :)
[/quote]
My apologies.
[/quote]
Nothing to apologize for, you just posted the same thing within like a minute of Don and I was pointing it out. :)
[/quote]
It also means we owe each other a Coke.
Back to topic, Dave's attempt at an audition has opened some eyes, it seems, as I'm told these people are now being considered for tryouts:
John O'Hurley, Rich Fields, Todd Newton, Sam Champion and Tara Conner fan club president Rosie O'Donnell.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 10:37:20 AM by Don Howard »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2006, 11:37:41 AM »
Ohhh...Sam Champion would be cool... "Let's meet our champion for today...and everyday...SAM CHAMPION!"  Dave Price could announce.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

LetsGoMets2003

« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2006, 12:49:46 PM »
Sam Champion?!?! That's out of left field. Well, if we're keeping with the "weather" theme, it's a step up from trying to say "here is the STAR of The Price is Right, Dave Price!" 40 different ways...actually, the only way I could hear Rich saying that is with vocal emphasis on his first name. Oh well...besides, the weatherman to game show host thing worked out pretty well for Pat Sajak (and to a much lesser degree, Kevin O'Connell).

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2006, 01:03:38 PM »
[quote name=\'LetsGoMets2003\' post=\'141165\' date=\'Dec 21 2006, 11:49 AM\']
Sam Champion?!?! That's out of left field. Well, if we're keeping with the "weather" theme, it's a step up from trying to say "here is the STAR of The Price is Right, Dave Price!" 40 different ways...actually, the only way I could hear Rich saying that is with vocal emphasis on his first name. Oh well...besides, the weatherman to game show host thing worked out pretty well for Pat Sajak (and to a much lesser degree, Kevin O'Connell).
[/quote]
Didn't do much for David Letterman, though.

Which is fine, as Dave found other employment.

/The first I had ever heard of Sam Champion was when Dave made references to him while being inteviewed for LATER WITH BOB COSTAS.
//Carson Daly is no Bob Costas.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 01:05:58 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2006, 03:07:45 PM »
Dave's attempt at an audition has opened some eyes, it seems, as I'm told these people are now being considered for tryouts:
John O'Hurley, Rich Fields ... Rosie O'Donnell.

Gack, no! If one of them gets it, I'm taking the Switch? game back.

Why not throw in Louie Anderson and Richard Karn while they're at it?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2006, 03:15:45 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'141179\' date=\'Dec 21 2006, 12:07 PM\']
Gack, no! If one of them gets it, I'm taking the Switch? game back.
[/quote]
"It's okay, I'm taking it back!" -- Randal Graves, Clerks II
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cweaver

« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2006, 04:21:36 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'141155\' date=\'Dec 21 2006, 11:35 AM\']
Dave's attempt at an audition has opened some eyes, it seems, as I'm told these people are now being considered for tryouts:
... Tara Conner fan club president Rosie O'Donnell.
[/quote]

I haven't seen it posted on the board so if it was it got by me...but Rosie was quoted the other day saying she'd love to do Price but according to her, no one wants her to.  Supposedly her contract with The View even allows her out if the TPiR job is ever offered to her.

clemon79

« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2006, 04:34:55 PM »
[quote name=\'cweaver\' post=\'141184\' date=\'Dec 21 2006, 01:21 PM\']
...but Rosie was quoted the other day saying she'd love to do Price but according to her, no one wants her to.  
[/quote]
Thank God for SOME sensible thinking in this whole process.

tpirfan28

« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2006, 09:41:27 PM »
Headline I hope to never see...or would I?

Rosie O'Donnell slated to host, Donald Trump to replace Rich as announcer of hit CBS-TV show

/if you don't get the joke there...you get the biggest WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH ever.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

tvwxman

« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2006, 10:13:35 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'141216\' date=\'Dec 21 2006, 09:41 PM\']
Headline I hope to never see...or would I?

Rosie O'Donnell slated to host, Donald Trump to replace Rich as announcer of hit CBS-TV show

/if you don't get the joke there...you get the biggest WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH ever.
[/quote]
//Maybe I get a WHOOSH because I don't think it's a joke.
///Because it's not funny.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2006, 10:34:28 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'141217\' date=\'Dec 21 2006, 07:13 PM\']
[/quote]
While I concur with the lack of teh funnay, I at least got where he was going...apparently Trump and Rosie have been in a huge pissing match over something or another. Mind you, had I not read commentary on this on Mark Cuban's blog today, I would have had no clue.

tvwxman

« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2006, 11:17:51 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'141220\' date=\'Dec 21 2006, 10:34 PM\']
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'141217\' date=\'Dec 21 2006, 07:13 PM\']
[/quote]
While I concur with the lack of teh funnay, I at least got where he was going...apparently Trump and Rosie have been in a huge pissing match over something or another. Mind you, had I not read commentary on this on Mark Cuban's blog today, I would have had no clue.
[/quote]
Oh I got the reference clearly, but thanks anyway.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

TimK2003

« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2006, 04:23:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'141144\' date=\'Dec 21 2006, 02:56 AM\']
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'141131\' date=\'Dec 20 2006, 09:10 PM\']I doubt if it'll be that big of a deal. Even if CBS doesn't make an announcement, they'll probably gonna go to a revolving guest host format. They did it when Craig Kilborn left "The Late Late Show"*, they did it for Rod's replacement, and honestly, it wouldn't hurt here. Let the viewers see who could be taking over the show, and have them offer input. Bob made the announcement in what, October? Don't be in such a rush to fill his shoes, and wind up regretting the mistake.[/quote]

If they preface the rotating hosts by saying they want viewer input, that's good, but I believe if Price is to stay afloat, it would behoove the powers that be to be a full supporter of somebody.  Otherwise, it'll look like CBS is serving up a side of waffling.
[/quote]

Didn't CBS ask for viewer input for Rod Roddy's successor?  I thought there was some sort of poll on the CBS website and that a certain GS Forum member was the most popular in the polls, yet didn't get the nod?  

Or am I confusing that with one of the Invision polls??

BrandonFG

« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2006, 04:36:03 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'141296\' date=\'Dec 22 2006, 04:23 PM\']
Didn't CBS ask for viewer input for Rod Roddy's successor?  I thought there was some sort of poll on the CBS website and that a certain GS Forum member was the most popular in the polls, yet didn't get the nod?  

Or am I confusing that with one of the Invision polls??
[/quote]
There was a CBS poll...didn't Bob even tell viewers to go to the website to vote? I remember folks here being outraged when they chose Randy...I might've been one of them.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!