Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Rich List gone  (Read 14754 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
The Rich List gone
« on: November 03, 2006, 09:22:24 PM »
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111795328...yid=14&cs=1

Will the ghost of Jackie Gleason show up on FOX this Wednesday to apologize?

BrandonFG

The Rich List gone
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 09:32:17 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'136830\' date=\'Nov 3 2006, 09:22 PM\']
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111795328...yid=14&cs=1

Will the ghost of Jackie Gleason show up on FOX this Wednesday to apologize?
[/quote]
Well, damn...just when I was starting to get into the show.

/All one episode of it.

This wasn't a prime-time multi-million dollar game show. It was a half-hour daytime or syndicated show that should be played for no more than $25,000. I liked the show, but the pacing was horrible, as was the timeslot. Come on, "Lost" and "Criminal Minds", and I think one of the 17 "Law and Orders" (can't remember)? FOX didn't have any faith in this, and this makes a perfect excuse for them "cancelling" it, or whatever they wanna call it.

Oh well, what the hell...

RIP
The Rich List
November 1, 2006-November 1, 2006
9:00 to 10:00 pm EST
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

bandit_bobby

The Rich List gone
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 09:46:15 PM »
This might have worked better in cable. I hope Eamonn gets another US game show gig sometime, like maybe with the new version of "The Joker's Wild"?

jrjgames

The Rich List gone
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 10:00:39 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'136836\' date=\'Nov 3 2006, 10:46 PM\']
This might have worked better in cable. I hope Eamonn gets another US game show gig sometime, like maybe with the new version of "The Joker's Wild"?
[/quote]

Don't count on it! ;)

John

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
The Rich List gone
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 10:01:28 PM »
If this is full-out cancellation, then it's a little undeserving.  Sure it wasn't awe-inspiring like Deal or 1vs100, but it wasn't utter crap.  I'm willing to bet being getting no press and coming on right after a World Series barely anyone watched didn't help.

/It was better than The One, though
This signature is currently under construction.

tpirfan28

The Rich List gone
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 10:07:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'136839\' date=\'Nov 3 2006, 10:01 PM\']
If this is full-out cancellation, then it's a little undeserving.  Sure it wasn't awe-inspiring like Deal or 1vs100, but it wasn't utter crap.  I'm willing to bet being getting no press and coming on right after a World Series barely anyone watched didn't help.

/It was better than The One, though
[/quote]
Yeah...if people (like myself) would have watch the WS, there probably would have been a greater viewership for the show.  They were promo-ing the heck out of the show then.

/missed the episode...drat!
//AGTOYT/YSI? (new lingo...anybody got that on YouTube/YouSendIt?)
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

StevensM

The Rich List gone
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 10:17:28 PM »
For what it's worth, the web site for The Rich List is gone.  I didn't see the one episode, so I hope I get a chance to see it at some point; I'm sure the show wasn't that much worse than last year's surprisingly highly rated premiere of Deal or No Deal, but this was a tougher time to launch the show.  I've heard generally positive feedback on Eamonn, so hopefully he'll get a chance to do another show over here.

As I haven't seen it, I'm reluctant to comment, but from what I've seen of the format & heard, it sounds like this kind of show that might indeed be more successful outside of primetime.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 10:36:31 PM by StevensM »

Matt Ottinger

The Rich List gone
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 10:19:31 PM »
And now the ugly little loophole in game show production:  If it doesn't air, we don't have to pay you.

How many people who made themselves some easy money on those lightweight questions aren't going to see their winnings?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chad1m

The Rich List gone
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 10:27:32 PM »
I hope it's just shelved temporarily and not canceled permanently. Like most everyone else said, it was a good show, it just needs to be put on a lower scale.

BrandonFG

The Rich List gone
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 10:29:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'136845\' date=\'Nov 3 2006, 10:19 PM\']
And now the ugly little loophole in game show production:  If it doesn't air, we don't have to pay you.

How many people who made themselves some easy money on those lightweight questions aren't going to see their winnings?
[/quote]
How many episodes were produced, and I wonder if FOX plans to burn them off during the summer, despite shelving it. I believe they did that with one of their comedies from last year ("Head Cases", maybe?)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

mmb5

The Rich List gone
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 11:00:56 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'136847\' date=\'Nov 3 2006, 10:29 PM\']
How many episodes were produced, and I wonder if FOX plans to burn them off during the summer, despite shelving it. I believe they did that with one of their comedies from last year ("Head Cases", maybe?)
[/quote]

You gotta love FOX, they hype it as 'The Biggest sensation from Britian' since Who Wants to Be a Millionare.  It hasn't even aired in the U.K. yet.

Interestingly, they actually aired show #2, not show #1.  Eamonn has another show on the BBC called Sudo-Q, which is a combination of trivia and solving Sudoku puzzles against time.  This would make a nice little daytime show here, but even the Brits know this is a limited-audience show.  Top prize is four figures.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

cweaver

The Rich List gone
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 11:32:18 PM »
From an article online via the Orlando Sentinel:

Fox's "The Rich List," a game show, managed a paltry 4.1 million for its debut.

Might have helped if it weren't on opposite CBS' Criminal Minds and the ABC Lost episode where Eko bites the dust.  Sure am glad I taped the one ep.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 11:33:08 PM by cweaver »

GS Warehouse

The Rich List gone
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2006, 12:23:17 AM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'136830\' date=\'Nov 3 2006, 09:22 PM\']Will the ghost of Jackie Gleason show up on FOX this Wednesday to apologize?[/quote]
No, just the ghost of Marissa Cooper. :-)

Craig Karlberg

The Rich List gone
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2006, 03:59:43 AM »
It's just as well FOX "apparently" ditched The Rich List as it stands right now.  This definitely screams the 2006 version of "You're In The Picture" minus a follow-up apology.  Hopefully, ABC doesn't pull a FOX on me with "Show Me The Money" on Nov. 14 or I sense a bad trend here.  YEESSHHH!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The Rich List gone
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2006, 05:26:51 AM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'136846\' date=\'Nov 3 2006, 07:27 PM\']
Like most everyone else said, it was a good show
[/quote]
What? What the hell board are YOU reading?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe