Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Match Game in heaven...  (Read 2476 times)

LA the DJ

Match Game in heaven...
« on: September 09, 2003, 01:42:17 AM »
Chris locked it before I could post this tidbit: Warren Zevon and Mark Goodson shared a birthday MG: 1/24/15 and Zevon: 1/24/47. Perhaps he's on the panel in heaven, I'm sure he'd be a good one.

This even leads me to a good question, I think: What do you envision the MG panel in heaven to be like? Mark's producing, and Gene's hosting, of course, but what deceased game show panelists make the ultimate MG for you guys?

The only requirement (other than being deceased) is to have appeared on one game show.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

zachhoran

Match Game in heaven...
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2003, 09:35:55 AM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' date=\'Sep 9 2003, 12:42 AM\'] Chris locked it before I could post this tidbit: Warren Zevon and Mark Goodson shared a birthday MG: 1/24/15 and Zevon: 1/24/47. Perhaps he's on the panel in heaven, I'm sure he'd be a good one.

This even leads me to a good question, I think: What do you envision the MG panel in heaven to be like? Mark's producing, and Gene's hosting, of course, but what deceased game show panelists make the ultimate MG for you guys?

The only requirement (other than being deceased) is to have appeared on one game show. [/quote]
 David Doyle, McLean Stevenson and Bill Cullen for the men

Eva Gabor, Mary Wickes, and Peggy Cass(who never did MG7x, but would have worked well on there nonetheless) for the ladies.

And we left this out, but Johnny O would be announcing.

whewfan

Match Game in heaven...
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2003, 10:33:06 AM »
Actually, I think Peggy Cass was on early in 73

Neumms

Match Game in heaven...
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2003, 11:08:29 AM »
Dorothy Kilgallen might be an interesting choice for the sixth seat. And unless he's booked doing the Purgatory Squares, it would be fun to see Paul Lynde. Maybe he could slip into a Dickie Dawson impression, much how Richard would do Paul.

Here's a notion: What would be the ultimate Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour, presuming everyone was alive (or in heaven) at the same time? Of course, bluffs would be provided, and Peter Marshall would be the master of the second half of the show.

Skynet74

Match Game in heaven...
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2003, 06:21:39 PM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' date=\'Sep 9 2003, 12:42 AM\'] Chris locked it before I could post this tidbit: Warren Zevon and Mark Goodson shared a birthday MG: 1/24/15 and Zevon: 1/24/47. Perhaps he's on the panel in heaven, I'm sure he'd be a good one.

The only requirement (other than being deceased) is to have appeared on one game show. [/quote]

Well this is a great question for which I happen to have a great answer. Heaven has it's own TV Guide just as we do down here. It has a different name though. Up there it's known as \"TV Grid.\" Anyway.......my Uncle Leroy is one of those guys like John Edward. He gets messages from the deceased and communicates with them on a regular basis. I requested that he ask one of the deceased what Television is like up there and to also ask them if they have Game Shows. Uncle Leroy tells me that they have a few very popular game shows being produced right now.

They have Match Game with Gene Rayburn and Johnny Olsen back announcing! Last weeks Celebrity panel included Buddy Ebsen, Eva Gabor, Michael Landon Nedra Volz and Mclean Stevenson. I forgot who the other person was. I think my Uncle said it was another woman. I have no idea who is on this week. You guys will also be happy to hear that Tattletales and Password are also back. Password is now known as Password Payoff. Allen Ludden is hosting and Jack Clark is announcing. From what I understand they don't have Wheel Of Fortune or Jeopardy yet. For some reason they said those programs can not be produced in heaven until Pat Sajak and Alex Trebek pass away.

Very interesting things going on up there. ;-)

John

GS Warehouse

Match Game in heaven...
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2003, 06:42:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Sep 9 2003, 05:21 PM\'] ... From what I understand they don't have Wheel Of Fortune or Jeopardy yet. For some reason they said those programs can not be produced in heaven until Pat Sajak and Alex Trebek pass away. [/quote]
 Isn't Art Fleming already up there?  For Wheel, there's the dignity of Bob Goen (I can't stand tabloid TV).

Skynet74

Match Game in heaven...
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2003, 07:05:37 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Sep 9 2003, 05:42 PM\'] [quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Sep 9 2003, 05:21 PM\'] ... From what I understand they don't have Wheel Of Fortune or Jeopardy yet. For some reason they said those programs can not be produced in heaven until Pat Sajak and Alex Trebek pass away. [/quote]
Isn't Art Fleming already up there?  For Wheel, there's the dignity of Bob Goen (I can't stand tabloid TV). [/quote]

Yea Art's up there but not interested in hosting anymore.

John