Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Home Game Page (Wikipedia)  (Read 6733 times)

GSNFAN3000

Wheel of Fortune Home Game Page (Wikipedia)
« on: September 13, 2006, 09:32:08 PM »
I need help with the WOF Home Game Page on Wikipedia. I'm creating home game pages and some of them need more info. If you have want, help me with the info on those pages.

The Link for WOF Home game is here.

By the way, I also did the bulk of Pyramid, Hollywood Squares and Family Feud home games. If you need those links, let me know.

Thank You.
Matthew

P.S. I want to thank Matt Ottinger for the inspiration for the Wiki pages.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 09:38:39 PM by GSNFAN3000 »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 09:44:42 PM »
If you're not the going to take the time to do a spell check before making the page...I really don't think you should be doing them.

By the way, your source for these pages would be what?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 09:46:10 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 10:05:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'131443\' date=\'Sep 13 2006, 06:44 PM\']
If you're not the going to take the time to do a spell check before making the page...I really don't think you should be doing them.
[/quote]
Are you really gonna make us point out every spelling error you've ever made? Is that REALLY a horse you want to keep beating? Haven't you learned?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 10:05:30 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 10:06:19 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'131447\' date=\'Sep 13 2006, 09:05 PM\']
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'131443\' date=\'Sep 13 2006, 06:44 PM\']
[/quote]
Are you really gonna make us point out every spelling error you've ever made? Is that REALLY a horse you want to keep beating? Haven't you learned?
[/quote]
IMO, Wikipedia is a completely different animal.  You've never complained about Wikipedia's "quality" issues?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 10:11:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'131448\' date=\'Sep 13 2006, 07:06 PM\']
IMO, Wikipedia is a completely different animal.[/quote]
Why? Your comments here are just as public of a record as Wiki's are.
You've never complained about Wikipedia's "quality" issues?
Citing an offense I myself have been guilty of many many MANY times? No. He without sin and all that. And if you're gonna keep harping on petty spelling errors, we can start linking. And I'm quite sure you know as well as we do that you won't like how that ends up.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 10:43:25 PM »
Is this what Wikipedia has become? I think that once you get to the point of pages focused on single episodes of television shows, singles from the latest album, and indeed game show home pages, Wikipedia has gone way past what an encyclopedia should be.

Why does there need to be a page devoted to the box game? Why not append a note to the "Wheel of Fortune" page saying that various and sundry board game versions were there? WOF-the Board Game already has two very serviceable pages devoted to it; Matt O's page, and one on boardgamegeek.com. And neither are riddled with spelling errors.

And that brings me to my third paragraph. (Funny how that works, innit?) Why can't someone complain? The page has spelling errors on it, and they should be fixed. If I cared, I would go in myself and fix them, but someone else can just as easily undo my work. My record isn't perfect either; sometimes my pinky twitches and a letter sneaks in where it isn't supposed to be. Even so, I still complain when things aren't spelled properly. Should the board adopt some sort of system like the RPG Paranoia, where members with fewer Spelling Misteak Points can criticize the typing of those with fewer points? (Maybe a better option would be a gentle nudge via e-mail or instant messaging program, quoting the I after E rule, or some such.) Because yes, repeat misspellers do look less smart than those who aren't. That's just the way it is. (To me, anyway; YMMV.)

/The Computer says the spelling of 'misteak' was indeed correct. The Computer is your friend. Have a good Threeday.
Travis L. Eberle

GSNFAN3000

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 10:58:36 PM »
I'm not perfect. I will look over it and check it again.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 11:02:18 PM »
[quote name=\'GSNFAN3000\' post=\'131454\' date=\'Sep 13 2006, 07:58 PM\']I'm not perfect. I will look over it and check it again.[/quote]If Wikipedia has this option, run a spell check over the article before posting. Another idea is to write it in Word, check it there, and then copy it into the window.

Perfection is largely impossible, but knowing how to spell properly is not, and it's a good skill to posess.
Travis L. Eberle

GSNFAN3000

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 11:10:35 PM »
Well, I should have fixed all the spelling/grammar errors thanks to Word. Check it out now.

clemon79

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 11:28:05 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'131452\' date=\'Sep 13 2006, 07:43 PM\']
Why does there need to be a page devoted to the box game? Why not append a note to the "Wheel of Fortune" page saying that various and sundry board game versions were there?
[/quote]
Well, I'm almost certain that when the active Wiki editors come across this, they will in fact begin the process to merge the article.
Why can't someone complain? The page has spelling errors on it, and they should be fixed.
People can absolutely complain. And he without sin can cast the first stone. I wouldn't have said anything if it wasn't Mark, who goes to the spelling error well every time he can't find something else to snark about, despite committing the same offense (and I'm not talking about typos, I'm talking about plain-old straight-up spelling a word WRONG and either thinking it was right or not bothering to check) time and time again.

My issue was not pointing out the spelling mistake; it was in being a huge hypocrite in doing so.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 11:29:22 PM by clemon79 »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 11:56:12 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'131452\' date=\'Sep 13 2006, 10:43 PM\']
 WOF-the Board Game already has two very serviceable pages devoted to it; Matt O's page, and one on boardgamegeek.com. And neither are riddled with spelling errors.[/quote]
Thank yew sew much.

Honestly, I really am working on not just an update but a complete overhaul of the GSHGHP, which was my first effort after all, so I'm sentimental.  Thing is, I've never really learned any more HTML programming, and there are theoretical limits on how much space ACD lets me have, so I'm afraid it's not going to be any flashier than it's ever been.

And yes, add me to the voices asking why everything has to be on Wikipedia.  When minor local television personalities start getting their own pages, you could say that maybe the whole thing has gotten out of hand.  (Also, I hope none of you have to face the indignity of seeing complete strangers on the internet arguing over whether or not your life is significant.)
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

dzinkin

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 12:15:12 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'131462\' date=\'Sep 13 2006, 11:56 PM\']
And yes, add me to the voices asking why everything has to be on Wikipedia.  When minor local television personalities start getting their own pages, you could say that maybe the whole thing has gotten out of hand.
[/quote]
No, I'd say that this is even better evidence, as flattered as I was when I found it.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 12:52:05 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'131463\' date=\'Sep 14 2006, 12:15 AM\']No, I'd say that this is even better evidence, as flattered as I was when I found it.[/quote]
"This psychology-related article is a stub." (emphasis added)

Dear God.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

uncamark

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 05:47:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'131470\' date=\'Sep 13 2006, 11:52 PM\']
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'131463\' date=\'Sep 14 2006, 12:15 AM\']No, I'd say that this is even better evidence, as flattered as I was when I found it.[/quote]

Dear God.
[/quote]

"A Stub is a choice between two tasks, each with its own pros and cons."

Thank you, teevee.org.

tpirfan28

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 06:29:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'131470\' date=\'Sep 14 2006, 12:52 AM\']

Dear God.
[/quote]

That is incredible.  And to any person who does this:

You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. (it referenceing that particular article)

Get a life.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"