Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What Would You Do?  (Read 6367 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
What Would You Do?
« on: September 07, 2006, 11:44:34 AM »
You were playing Let 'Em Roll...and you roll five of the $1500 squares for a total of $7500.

Let's say in example "a" the car is a Ford Focus...and in example "b" the car is slightly nicer, say a Mazda Miata.

Do you take the $7500 or go for the car?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Neumms

What Would You Do?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 11:47:21 AM »
Take the dough. I haven't seen anybody win a car in two rolls, and that's a nice chunk of change. If I rolled $4500 and two cars, I'd still probably take the money.

Jackpotman800

What Would You Do?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 11:58:37 AM »
I'd definetly take the cash. It would be a longshot to me, if I'd go for it.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
What Would You Do?
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 12:14:15 PM »
I think we had a thread similar to this not too long ago, or at the very least an offshot discussion from a recap. I'd take any sum of money presented to me on TPIR because I'd hate to pay exorbitant taxes just to keep a prize I didn't want in the first place.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

beatlefreak84

What Would You Do?
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 12:57:14 PM »
There wouldn't really be a second thought:  take the $7500!  Sure; maybe I don't win a car, but that's a VERY nice sum of money, and certainly more than I'd ever think of winning being on TPIR.  Heck, I think my threshold would be a lot lower than that...say, maybe $4000...:)

Plus, just looking at the game's history, how many times have we seen people need only two rolls to win the car?  So, even if it's a car that I want, the odds seem to be more likely that I'll not only lose the car, but end up with significantly less money.

And, let's face it; I'd win the Showcase Showdown and win a Showcase with a car in it, anyway, so I don't need to be greedy and take two cars...;).

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

BrandonFG

What Would You Do?
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 01:10:45 PM »
Take the money. It's a sure thing, and $7,500 is not a bad chunk of money. I don't have much use for a new car, and even though I could sell it off and make more than the $7,500, I'd still have to WIN the car first. :-P
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 01:11:39 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

mbc793

What Would You Do?
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 01:13:27 PM »
I would take the $7500 because if I roll twice that money amount would decrease and I could wind up with either 2, 3 maybe 4 car symbols.

mystery7

What Would You Do?
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 01:45:37 PM »
For practical purposes, the money. Tax on $7500 is a lot less than on what's probably a $20,000 car. That car would have to be a hell and a half more than just a Focus for me to want to keep it.

CJBojangles

What Would You Do?
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 02:20:25 PM »
Coming from someone who actually drives a Ford Focus, I'd definitely take the money. What the hell would I want with two of 'em? ;)

With the amount of Focuses (Foci?) they seem to be chucking at contestants these days, and with my luck, odds are I'd end up playing for another one. But $7,500 - probably more along the lines of around $6K after taxes - regardless of whether or not I already drive one of them, would be my choice.

Don Howard

What Would You Do?
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 02:22:28 PM »
Money, honey.
Of course, I'd also take the $2500 on Spelling Bee.

tvwxman

What Would You Do?
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 02:28:32 PM »
cash. no contest. anytime.

best winner at the show i saw taped in June....kid wins a 2700 refridgerator with a lcd tv in it (it's a one bid prize to get up on stage).....dob tells him after the show the manufacturer is out of em , or they're not for sale anymore, and tells the kid he's getting 2700 in cash instead.

nice.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Jimmy Owen

What Would You Do?
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 03:06:00 PM »
Don't you guys realize what taking the money does to their prize budget???  Try to have some compassion!  Taking the money=bankrupting the show.

I think I'd take the money, to heck with the budget.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
What Would You Do?
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 03:24:24 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'130604\' date=\'Sep 7 2006, 12:14 PM\']I'd take any sum of money presented to me on TPIR because I'd hate to pay exorbitant taxes just to keep a prize I didn't want in the first place.[/quote]

You don't want a mid-range car/low-range convertible?  Heck, you wouldn't want a car in general?

As much as the car would please me, I'd take the $7,500 unless it was one hell of a car.  Outside of winning, you can only do worse and we've seen way too many people end the game with 4 cars and $500.

/Because someone's going to say you can't have a Mazda Miata (especially since the only one left is the MX-5 convertible) on TPIR, we could use the American equivalent, which would be a Pontiac Solstice, which is still a nice piece of vehicle in my opinion.

//I know only the MX-5 is left because it's part of the file I have for prizes in my netgames, like the one in my sig, which is currently taking sign-ups. :)

///Yay subtle self-promotion.
This signature is currently under construction.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
What Would You Do?
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 03:27:28 PM »
Funny how you wonder if I'd want a car in general, then follow that up with stating you'd take the cash. No, I don't wanna pay in excess of 5-grand in taxes in one lump sum for a car I'm not thrilled about. It'll be a car I want on my terms, one which I'd be well on my way to with $7,500 pre-taxes.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
What Would You Do?
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2006, 03:31:59 PM »
That was more of a general question as opposed to this specific instance, since your statement seemed general.
This signature is currently under construction.