Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WWTBAM - Play It! closing in Orlando  (Read 1367 times)

GiraffeBoy

• "He can solve puzzles, that's for sure."-Pat Sajak
WWTBAM - Play It! closing in Orlando
« on: June 21, 2006, 10:37:34 PM »
According to an unofficial Disney fan board and Wikipedia.

--Charlie, MPW
"B, 2 hours, 52 minutes, 59 seconds...final answer?"
WWTBAM Play It! DCA Million Point Winner #42 - Stick your neck out with pride!

davemackey

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 10:09:14 AM »
[quote name=\'GiraffeBoy\' post=\'122072\' date=\'Jun 21 2006, 10:37 PM\']
According to an unofficial Disney fan board and Wikipedia.

--Charlie, MPW
[/quote]
Since the soundstage areas are effectively going to be used for new rides, this effectively ends television production at Disney-MGM after 17 years, even though the only thing being taped there was a few weeks of "Millionaire" a year.

The fact that there were working soundstages with real production there was one of the initial attractions of the theme park.

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 10:29:35 AM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'122106\' date=\'Jun 22 2006, 10:09 AM\']
Since the soundstage areas are effectively going to be used for new rides, this effectively ends television production at Disney-MGM after 17 years, even though the only thing being taped there was a few weeks of "Millionaire" a year.

The fact that there were working soundstages with real production there was one of the initial attractions of the theme park.
[/quote]

Reminds me of The New Mickey Mouse Club that used to tape there, for The Disney Channel.  (I miss old school Disney.)
-Sanford

zachhoran

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 10:30:03 AM »

[/quote]

I wonder if Millionaire will do some sort of road tapings next season, given possible conflicts with Meredith's new schedule with her morning gig and the closing of this attraction?

aaron sica

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 10:32:04 AM »
[quote name=\'pianogeek\' post=\'122108\' date=\'Jun 22 2006, 10:29 AM\']
Reminds me of The New Mickey Mouse Club that used to tape there, for The Disney Channel.  (I miss old school Disney.)
[/quote]

Me too. I wish they never got rid of "Vault Disney".

ObGameShow: "Teen Win, Lose, or Draw" aired on Disney Channel back when it was preceded by a "The".

StevensM

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 10:44:31 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' post=\'122109\' date=\'Jun 22 2006, 09:30 AM\']

[/quote]

I wonder if Millionaire will do some sort of road tapings next season, given possible conflicts with Meredith's new schedule with her morning gig and the closing of this attraction?
[/quote]

Maybe, but remember that would require the construction of a traveling set which could be costly & inefficient.  Strictly speaking, they might be able to tape at Walt Disney World in August after the attraction closes before it's torn down and start the season there, but I doubt they will because that would serve as a painful reminder that Play It! is closed.