Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: IGAS Marathon  (Read 1712 times)

davemackey

IGAS Marathon
« on: June 19, 2006, 10:28:16 AM »
Heck of a time for a marathon, but GSN is rolling out a six-episode marathon of the new IGAS on Thursday starting at 9:00 p.m. The marathon was promoted by Jermaine Taylor, who made an appearance the other night on "PlayMania" with Shandi.

uncamark

IGAS Marathon
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 12:46:17 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'121794\' date=\'Jun 19 2006, 09:28 AM\']
Heck of a time for a marathon, but GSN is rolling out a six-episode marathon of the new IGAS on Thursday starting at 9:00 p.m. The marathon was promoted by Jermaine Taylor, who made an appearance the other night on "PlayMania" with Shandi.
[/quote]

Bil Dwyer is breaking out of the "Last Comic Standing" house to host the marathon live and show some of the "secrets" clips that GSN's been taping on the road to promote the show and posting on their web site--you might see someone who frequently posts on this board Thursday night.  (Look for a a guy in glasses and slightly unkempt hair wearing what looks like Blues Brothers clothes saying the words "Andy Kaufman.")

FOXSportsFan

IGAS Marathon
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 01:19:23 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'121804\' date=\'Jun 19 2006, 12:46 PM\']
[/quote]

Bil Dwyer is breaking out of the "Last Comic Standing" house to host the marathon live and show some of the "secrets" clips that GSN's been taping on the road to promote the show and posting on their web site--you might see someone who frequently posts on this board Thursday night.  (Look for a a guy in glasses and slightly unkempt hair wearing what looks like Blues Brothers clothes saying the words "Andy Kaufman.")
[/quote]

Isn't there a conflict of interest at hand with Bil hosting the marathon and being apart of the quasi-hit NBC reality series?  Or am I just thinking too much?  Yeah, I'm aware of other ex-gameshow/TV folks who have auditioned for it, but Bil has a show currently airing.

uncamark

IGAS Marathon
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 03:23:25 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' post=\'121807\' date=\'Jun 19 2006, 12:19 PM\']
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'121804\' date=\'Jun 19 2006, 12:46 PM\']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Isn't there a conflict of interest at hand with Bil hosting the marathon and being apart of the quasi-hit NBC reality series?  Or am I just thinking too much?  Yeah, I'm aware of other ex-gameshow/TV folks who have auditioned for it, but Bil has a show currently airing.
[/quote]

They've taken the casting information off of the NBC web site, but considering that there were semi-finalists from the first two seasons that re-auditioned, I'm guessing that outisde of the usual full-time NBC Universal/production company employees or their families restriction or the political office restriction, the only other eligibility rule is that once you've entered the house, you are ineligible for future "LCS" series (excepting the unfortunate Season 3).

sshuffield70

IGAS Marathon
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 11:55:47 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' post=\'121807\' date=\'Jun 19 2006, 12:19 PM\']

[/quote]

Heck, that didn't stop whatsisface from "Taboo" auditioning on AI.

(Yeah, and before anyone says anything, of course I know who hosted "Taboo".)