Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What gameshow(s) would you not want to be on?  (Read 4265 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
What gameshow(s) would you not want to be on?
« on: June 15, 2006, 03:08:46 AM »
Due to the game play, rules, etc...what show or shows (please no more than 4 or 5) would you not want to be on?

Myself...I would not want to appear on shows such as Camouflage and Finder's Keepers--I've always sucked at that kind of thing.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

MrBuddwing

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 03:13:25 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'121422\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 03:08 AM\']
Due to the game play, rules, etc...what show or shows (please no more than 4 or 5) would you not want to be on?

[/quote]

Just about anything Chuck Barris did - no disrespect to Mr. Barris, I just wouldn't want to be on a show in which my personal life serves as a major focal point (e.g., "The Dating Game," "The Newlywed Game," "Three's a Crowd"). And I would have had absolutely nothing to offer "The Gong Show."

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 03:26:19 AM »
J! seems to me the one show I wouldn't try out for based on the kinds of material presented on that show.  Another would be the upcomming Set For The Rest of Your Life simply because I don't have a significant other right now.  Also, DoND because of the license issue on the applications.

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 03:57:08 AM »
Greed, Weakest Link, or Friend or Foe. I'm not a fan of possibly being penalized for actually knowing the answer to something.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 04:12:08 AM »
I would not be interested in being a contestant on any show.  My only interest is to be a host.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

DrBear

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 07:30:01 AM »
Beat the Clock or any other stunt-type show.

And while I tried out for Weakest Link, I'd probably not do well as the smart folks seem to get booted.

I also wouldn't want to be on Friend or Foe...but I wouldn't mind sharing a dressing room with Kennedy.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 08:29:11 AM »
My wife and I made only one pre-nuptial agreement: no matter how badly we needed lawn furniture, we wouldn't go on The Newlywed Game.
czambo@mac.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 09:29:18 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' post=\'121424\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 12:26 AM\']
J! seems to me the one show I wouldn't try out for based on the kinds of material presented on that show.  Another would be the upcomming Set For The Rest of Your Life simply because I don't have a significant other right now.  Also, DoND because of the license issue on the applications.
[/quote]
Is anyone surprised at any of these?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MrBuddwing

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 11:14:52 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' post=\'121424\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 03:26 AM\']
DoND because of the license issue on the applications.
[/quote]

"License issue"? Please elaborate. (I did search all the forums first, honest I did.)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 12:43:25 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'121425\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 12:57 AM\']
Greed, Weakest Link, or Friend or Foe. I'm not a fan of possibly being penalized for actually knowing the answer to something.[/quote]While I share your sentiment, I'm puzzled by two shows being included here. Sure, "Weakest Link" players would do best to answer roughly .6 of their questions correctly, but only the most clear headed would be able to keep track of that under the lights.

I was unaware that "Greed" and "Friend or Foe?" penalized players for knowledge. "Greed" was the exact opposite, if you didn't know the answer, you got nothin', even if you had answered the previous seven questions correctly. And FoF didn't penalize anything but abject greed.
Travis L. Eberle

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 12:43:51 PM »
[quote name=\'MrBuddwing\' post=\'121456\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 10:14 AM\']
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' post=\'121424\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 03:26 AM\']
DoND because of the license issue on the applications.
[/quote]

"License issue"? Please elaborate. (I did search all the forums first, honest I did.)
[/quote]
If he's talking about a driver's license, he can easily get around that...as most states offer a "non-driver" ID card.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 01:20:17 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'121460\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 11:43 AM\']
I was unaware that "Greed" and "Friend or Foe?" penalized players for knowledge. "Greed" was the exact opposite, if you didn't know the answer, you got nothin', even if you had answered the previous seven questions correctly. And FoF didn't penalize anything but abject greed.
[/quote]
The Terminator on GREED was a bit of an equalizer, though.  If you showed you knew too much, you could conceivably get called out (and thus risking losing your share of the winnings by not being quick enough on the jump-in).

FoF I totally see--you vote "Friend" while your partner votes "Foe," he gets everything and you get bubkus (there's about four different ways to spell it).  Even if you were the one that steered the team into winning what it did.

Doug
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 01:22:53 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

beatlefreak84

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 05:22:47 PM »
Well, this is, of course, assuming it's a perfect world and I could actually pass the auditions to get on any game show I want...otherwise, say good-bye to Jeopardy!  :)

I don't think I'd have a problem going on a Barris game show.  In fact, I'm pretty non-discriminatory; I'd pretty much like to be on any game show.  But, if I had to pick a couple, I'd say Fear Factor to start; eating monkey brains or bull testicles isn't my idea of making a quick 50 grand...:).  I think the other one would be celebrity partnership games; I'd rather not have the outcome of my game essentially left up to a celebrity who may or may not be the best at the game.

However, should the celebrity be somebody like Shakira or Jennifer Garner, good luck beating me to the sign-up sheet!  :)

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 05:27:16 PM »
Doug: Those are reasons not to want to be on those shows, yes. I don't see what they have to do with "penalizing knowledge", though. In the Greed situation, the challenged player is still in the position of "answer first and continue winning". And why, assuming they don't obviously have the worst reflexes, would you challenge the smartest player on the team? You're increasing your chance of being eliminated, and even if you win, you've hurt the team.

If Mark will forgive me for categorizing the types of shows I wouldn't want to be on:

Sports trivia. I will not be cleaning up on ESPN anytime soon.

Any show that requires a certain level of "A-type personality". To illustrate where the line is, I would still like to be on Wheel of Fortune. But just *barely*.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 05:38:53 PM »
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' post=\'121477\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 02:22 PM\']But, if I had to pick a couple, I'd say Fear Factor to start; eating monkey brains or bull testicles isn't my idea of making a quick 50 grand...:).[/quote]You sir, have never had dinner at my mother's house. That would make anything Fear Factor could throw at you downright yummy.  

I don't understand why we're discussing what shows we wouldn't want to be on. We love game shows, by definition, because we're here. Wouldn't a better topic be the ones you WOULD want to be on? Hell, given a Fast Forward, I'd climb up on stage and shake Bob Barker's hand, or call out the numbers 1 to 26 in ascending order.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 05:44:27 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle