Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSM: The Sequel  (Read 14304 times)

entguy1

GSM: The Sequel
« on: June 08, 2006, 01:26:40 PM »
Let's be optimistic and say CBS brings GSM back next summer.

It's your job to pick six new games, six contestants (B- through D-level celebs) and ... do you keep Ricki???

Discuss...

dzinkin

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 01:53:58 PM »
I already posted my suggestion here.

opimus

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 02:00:10 PM »
[quote name=\'entguy1\' post=\'120681\' date=\'Jun 8 2006, 12:26 PM\']
Let's be optimistic and say CBS brings GSM back next summer.

It's your job to pick six new games, six contestants (B- through D-level celebs) and ... do you keep Ricki???

Discuss...
[/quote]
Keep Rikki,drop the celeb contestants.
1. Joker's Wild
2.High Rollers
3.Password 60's version
4 $OTC

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 02:08:50 PM »
If Chris Lemon isn't available to host and you have no other halfway capable people *checks the bottom of the list*, ah there's Ricki's name.

Let's be REALISTIC.  It won't come back, I can almost bet good money on it.  For all the time and trouble put forth to authenticate these games and to get mediocre ratings...I just don't see it coming back people.

Press Your Luck is going to be the closest thing we see to an intelligent game...there are going to be questions, right?

So, why the heck is someone thinking they'll do a question/answer game in a proposed future marathon?  It would only make the celebs look bad, thus they wouldn't take a paycheck and waste their time on the matter...unless Leslie Nielsen's there.

dzinkin

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 02:15:17 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' post=\'120689\' date=\'Jun 8 2006, 02:08 PM\']
If Chris Lemon isn't available to host
[/quote]
As much as I dislike spelling flames...

It's "G-a-m-e-s-h-o-w," not "G-a-z-p-a-c-h-o."  Get it right next time. ;-)

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 02:17:18 PM »
In spite of the fact that I'm actually pretty happy with most of everything that's been done on GSM (especially last night), It doesn't take a genius to see that the ratings aren't good enough to justify doing this again...unless they happen to have kept the sets and CBS has a bad season.

Regardless, If I were doing this, I would...

1. Keep Ricki, but add a Male Co-host for certain shows...
2. Make Randy West the announcer, as his voice fits nearly ANY game show....Rich has done very well, even on Price (my opinion) but I think Randy's better. EDIT: Come to think of it...Rich could be the male co-host..."
3. Have the celebrity who won their prizes surprise the winning person with the truck. Have Rich be the on-air personality.
4. Have each celeb play for an at-home contestant AND a studio contestant.
5. The lineup...Deal, BTC, Tattletales, PYL, CS,MG and Feud.

But that's just me...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 02:19:37 PM by urbanpreppie05 »
insert signature here

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 02:38:05 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' post=\'120689\' date=\'Jun 8 2006, 01:08 PM\']
Press Your Luck is going to be the closest thing we see to an intelligent game...there are going to be questions, right?
[/quote]
You've got to be joking.
If PYL is an "intelligent game", then Hollywood Showdown is a MENSA convention.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 02:41:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'120692\' date=\'Jun 8 2006, 11:38 AM\']
You've got to be joking.
If PYL is an "intelligent game", then Hollywood Showdown is a MENSA convention.
[/quote]
Ah, hypocrisy.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 02:46:32 PM »
Two things:

1) David's idea of those six shows would not be physically possible. Having all six of those programs in the same studio would cause such a Black Hole of Suck that it would engulf the entire sound stage and everything for the next six blocks.

2) Press Your Luck can be played intelligently. And there have been people who have done so. Just because you don't like the show doesn't make it anything other than a show you don't like. There's no reason to impugn Hollywood Showdown just because you want to take a swipe at PYL.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 02:47:21 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

wheelloon

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 02:53:06 PM »
Maybe it's my optimistic view of this, but from the beginning, I thought PYL, TPIR, and FF would be the most recognized formats, and thus the 3 episodes that would do the best during GSM's run (thankfully, only one of those 3 has been played so far, and looking at the ratings, I really hope my prediction will come true)...

Thus, IMHO, I immediately think PYL, TPIR and FF should stay. MG and LMaD should stay too, but replace CS with HS, and have all of the ousted celebs up to that point serve as some of the squares, with maybe Peter Marshall or Tom Bergeron as the center square (the celebs have a shot at answering agree/disagree questions correctly, right?). Replace BTC with $25k Pyramid, and whichever 2 teams who win the first 2 rounds faceoff in the final round with their appointed partner. The first 2 Winner's Circles: $10k, the final Winner's Circle: $25k.

Maybe John O'Hurley could do better than Ricki, but that's the only person I can think of on the top of my head that would have a decent chance of doing well. Otherwise, keep Ricki, at least she'd have the first run of the series behind her belt...

Burton Richardson would be a good announcer, and you could theoretically have true contestants on the show instead of celebrities. It could be advertised as the ultimate test of contestants' true, all-encompassing, game show skill...

Seriously though, with the ratings not being the greatest, I don't see it coming back unless these next few shows blow our minds away... :(
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 02:59:48 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'120697\' date=\'Jun 8 2006, 01:46 PM\']
2) Press Your Luck can be played intelligently. [/quote]
I'll give you one sentence to explain this statement...and how the show wasn't a bunch of goops who couldn't pass The $25,000 Pyramid audition to save their lives.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 03:04:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'120702\' date=\'Jun 8 2006, 11:59 AM\']
I'll give you one sentence to explain this statement...and how the show wasn't a bunch of goops who couldn't pass The $25,000 Pyramid audition to save their lives.
[/quote]
I don't believe Travis is beholden to you for anything.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dzinkin

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 03:32:51 PM »
Mark:

Please note that FOXSportsFan didn't even call Press Your Luck an "intelligent game."  He said it was "the closest thing to an intelligent game" (emphasis mine), which pretty much implies that he thinks it isn't one.

Are you so desperate for a reason to complain that you're willing to make one up?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 03:34:38 PM by dzinkin »

Playpal

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 03:35:14 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' post=\'120691\' date=\'Jun 8 2006, 11:17 AM\']
...Rich could be the male co-host..."[/i]
3. Have the celebrity who won their prizes surprise the winning person with the truck. Have Rich be the on-air personality.
[/quote]

Rich was actually the first choice of producers to travel and deliver the prizes.  His TPIR taping schedule made that impossible, as well as being the reason he was not "in studio" for some of the tapings.  I do like the idea of the celebrities being the ones to deliver prizes. Terrific thought, although probably not practical from a budget standpoint.  I was at most every taping, and can tell you that tonights episode is not to be missed!

SteveRep

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 03:55:09 PM »
The ones that come to my mind would be better titled "Quiz Show Marathon" because there's much more wits and smarts involved instead of the gimmicks, stunts and other influences that each of these seven have.

I'd go:

Password
Pyramid
Jeopardy
Joker's Wild

and, some lesser-knowns such as Go and Chain Reaction.

Heck, if they want to cross-promote with GSN, they could use Lingo.