Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Marathon" Opening Numbers "Respectable"  (Read 1750 times)

uncamark

"Marathon" Opening Numbers "Respectable"
« on: June 01, 2006, 12:16:23 PM »
Marc Berman describes "Gameshow Marathon"'s opening night numbers as "respectable."  Although leading in total viewers in its time slot, NBC was slightly ahead in overnights and 18-to-49 demos with yet another "Dateline" "To Catch a Predator" show.  Both were far ahead of third-place Fox with "Bones."  CBS took the night in ratings and total viewers, while NBC won in 18-to-49s.

Tonight, "LMAD" faces as its competition the Scripps National Spelling Bee finals on ABC (for the first time in prime time) and an "Office" marathon on NBC.  I've seen somewhere else that Fox is pulling the "That 70s Show" reruns at 8 for a repeat of last night's "So You Think You Want to Dance," but it's not on Berman's list.

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 12:29:57 PM »
What I found to be slightly interesting though, is that CBS tied Fox in the Key Demo.
insert signature here

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 12:32:26 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'120076\' date=\'Jun 1 2006, 12:16 PM\']
I've seen somewhere else that Fox is pulling the "That 70s Show" reruns at 8 for a repeat of last night's "So You Think You Want to Dance," but it's not on Berman's list.
[/quote]

Actually, it's "So You Think You Can Dance"..I would not have known that if I wouldn't have stopped by it just when that full-of-himself Ian Bernardo was dancing. If you don't know what I mean, check out this link.

uncamark

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 02:27:34 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'120081\' date=\'Jun 1 2006, 11:32 AM\']
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'120076\' date=\'Jun 1 2006, 12:16 PM\']
I've seen somewhere else that Fox is pulling the "That 70s Show" reruns at 8 for a repeat of last night's "So You Think You Want to Dance," but it's not on Berman's list.
[/quote]

Actually, it's "So You Think You Can Dance"..I would not have known that if I wouldn't have stopped by it just when that full-of-himself Ian Bernardo was dancing. If you don't know what I mean, check out this link.
[/quote]

I should've known better--of course that's the title.

And after Bernardo left, no doubt Nigel Lythgoe started screaming, "WE'VE GOT OUR WILLIAM HUNG!  WE'VE GOT OUR WILLIAM HUNG!"  I guarantee you that somewhere down the line the smarmbot will be trying to force himself on Cat Deeley at least once on camera.

And does anyone know why award-winning journalist (giggle, snort, chortle) Lauren Sanchez isn't fronting "Dance" this time around?

bandit_bobby

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 04:39:22 PM »
She's on maternity leave.

TV Favorites

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 02:13:29 PM »
The numbers for night 2 are in....

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/zap-ratin...tings-headlines

Game Show Marathon got a 5.8/10 winning the time slot for CBS.  CBS was second place in the 18-19 demographic for the night overall with a 3.1 compared to first place FOX's 3.4.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 02:15:11 PM by TV Favorites »

Steve McClellan

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 02:37:37 PM »
[quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Jun 2 2006, 11:13 AM\']CBS was second place in the 18-19 demographic [/quote]
Okay, I knew these demos were getting targeted and all, but this is ridiculous!

;)

Jay Temple

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 02:06:41 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve McClellan\' post=\'120220\' date=\'Jun 2 2006, 01:37 PM\']
[quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Jun 2 2006, 11:13 AM\']CBS was second place in the 18-19 demographic [/quote]
Okay, I knew these demos were getting targeted and all, but this is ridiculous!

;)
[/quote]
Whom do you think Axe commercials are meant for?
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.