Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel bag  (Read 1707 times)

BrandonFG

Wheel bag
« on: May 10, 2006, 09:47:25 AM »
A few months ago, one of our station's anchors did extensive coverage of his trip to the Wheel set (which another member posted a clip of). The anchor brought back several gift bags, some of which we gave to viewers, and others he gave to station staff, including me.

My question: does anyone know if they give these bags to contestants or audience members? Mine is blue (there was also a red and yellow one---gee, I wonder why?!?!?!), and inside is a navy blue T-shirt with a small Wheel logo where a breast pocket would go (heh-heh-breast), a keychain made to look like a miniature wheel, a baseball cap w/the show logo, and an ink pen, also with the show logo. I defer to any of our former contestants, or anyone whose seen the show in person. Thanks in advance.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

cmjb13

Wheel bag
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 10:00:21 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'118133\' date=\'May 10 2006, 09:47 AM\']
My question: does anyone know if they give these bags to contestants or audience members? Mine is blue (there was also a red and yellow one---gee, I wonder why?!?!?!), and inside is a navy blue T-shirt with a small Wheel logo where a breast pocket would go (heh-heh-breast), a keychain made to look like a miniature wheel, a baseball cap w/the show logo, and an ink pen, also with the show logo. I defer to any of our former contestants, or anyone whose seen the show in person. Thanks in advance.
[/quote]
From my recollection seeing the show last year, they do raffle off some merchandise. They distributed tickets with numbers on them. When the number was called, you had a choice of some items, 2 of which I think were a shirt and a hat. There was also a raffle for a tote bag (which you may be referring to), which contained some other items.

They also distributed little packets of what looked to be fruit juice to the audience. Although, I don't know if it was because there were a lot of kids from a school present that day.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 10:01:12 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

vtown7

Wheel bag
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 10:36:41 AM »
These are usually given out at tryouts IIRC... at mine I won a keychain but there were bags and other logoed things going around as well.

R.

Timsterino

Wheel bag
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 11:47:36 PM »
They don't give them to contestants at the studio (at least I did not get one) but they can be won at the Wheelmobile event and subsequent audition for solving puzzles.

I ended up winning the same bag you are speaking of when I answered a WOF trivia question on the local ABC affiliate when the Wheelmobile was in town last year.

Tim :-) (two and a half weeks to showtime)