Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy! Wins Daytime Emmy  (Read 986 times)

davemackey

Jeopardy! Wins Daytime Emmy
« on: April 23, 2006, 07:11:14 AM »
It happened at last night's creative arts awards, at the Kodak Theater.

Now, if I'm not mistaken, Mr. West was in attendance as the event's announcer. Can you tell us if the any of the other game-show related awards were given? I haven't been able to find anything in the few press accounts available, which all seem to gush that "Sesame Street" won a bunch of awards and Kevin Clash is God.

Don Howard

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 11:49:09 AM »
They don't even award those at the main Emmy telecast anyone?
So am I to understand that this year's televised presentation will feature the award for best talk show and host and then focus the rest of the time on soap operas? God, I'm going to spit!!!!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 11:50:39 AM by Don Howard »

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 02:13:20 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'116840\' date=\'Apr 23 2006, 11:49 AM\']
They don't even award those at the main Emmy telecast anyone?
So am I to understand that this year's televised presentation will feature the award for best talk show and host and then focus the rest of the time on soap operas? God, I'm going to spit!!!!
[/quote]
Would it be because there's just two nominees this year? I remember they did separate presentations back in the mid-90s, when games were in a down period.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

uncamark

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 03:10:12 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'116834\' date=\'Apr 23 2006, 06:11 AM\']
It happened at last night's creative arts awards, at the Kodak Theater.

Now, if I'm not mistaken, Mr. West was in attendance as the event's announcer. Can you tell us if the any of the other game-show related awards were given? I haven't been able to find anything in the few press accounts available, which all seem to gush that "Sesame Street" won a bunch of awards and Kevin Clash is God.
[/quote]

Here's the entire list:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060423/D8H5GG480.html

Looks like the host award will be given out Friday night (and the director award [?!])--game shows got nothing in the tech categories and "J!"'s writers were hurt by the disbanding of the talk show writing category and the subsequent placement of talk show writers in the "special class" category--for several years it was either them or "WBSM" that won the category.