Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Double Exposure" home game  (Read 951 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
"Double Exposure" home game
« on: March 26, 2006, 11:25:23 AM »
I just picked it up at a tag sale, and I heard it was somewhat hard-to-find, but no exact idea.

Any ideas?
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Bob Zager

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' date=\'Mar 26 2006, 11:25 AM\']I just picked it up at a tag sale, and I heard it was somewhat hard-to-find, but no exact idea.

Any ideas?
[snapback]114199[/snapback]
[/quote]

As an avid collector, it was one of the toughest games to find!

Before eBay became popular, I subscribed to Toy Shop magazine looking for this, and other game show home games of the past.  About four years later, after trying to find a copy, (and placing an ad saying I was looking for it), somebody had one.

It was a phone auction, for a copy of Your Surprise Package (also from Ideal, 1961), and the seller told me she had a copy of Double Exposure up for bids as well.  After the auction ended, I'd called to find out that the games sold for $125 EACH!  I thought that was a crazy move on the buyer's part, but then thought it was much less crazy than those who were paying $500+ for a Tickle Me Elmo doll during Christmas of 1996!  

It was about five/six years later that I'd gotten a copy from an eBay seller, for only $13!  Though it was missing the instructions, co-founder Matt Ottinger photocopied me the instructions he'd had (Thanks again, Matt!).

Perhaps the toughest ones to find these days are special "Collector's Editions" of the original Match Game and Password games!

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 06:07:29 PM »
Wow!

Not bad for $5, I guess.

Considering it's only missing one piece (a #5 puzzle piece).

Instructions are perfectly intact, too!

Thanks!
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com